It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man gives crooks taste of their own medicine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Here is a short video about a man who foiled two burglars attempt to rob his home. I won't give away the details but all I can say is I would have loved to see the look on the crooks face when they realized what happened.

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Freaking hilarious. Ticked me off when the operator said he could be charged. IMO, the guy was getting out of harm's way and was justified in borrowing the vehicle.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
God I love that guy!! Haha, it's funny how he just does it no forethought or anything. Like I couldn't imagine a better way to of handled the situation.

I'm half expecting the robbers to come back and sue or call the police on the guy for taking his van.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Hmm, thats my city. Don't hear too many of these stories but this is funny.

Many of the undertones in it reminds me of a TED talk I just watched on how "Rules and protocol replace moral responsibility and wisdom" and that is very evident in "You can be charged"

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

Talk about a very literal application of that, kudos to him for foiling their plans with some creativity, however given this ultra PC world we live in he will likely face repercussions for his actions.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
wait how could he be charged with stealing the car

he merely confiscated it from the hands of people breaking the law, and stopped them from achieving the law breaking

besides by them committing a law dont they give up their rights as citizens

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Great story, clever non-violent solution.

Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Two wrongs do not make a right. If the vehicle was legally owned by the would-be criminals then by the letter of the law he committed grand theft auto by taking it since it wasn't his, even if the scumbags deserved it. If we expect the law to be applied to the criminals in this story then it must be equally applied to the victim at all or else the law becomes a double standard only used when it suits us.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
reply to post by tankthinker

Two wrongs do not make a right. If the vehicle was legally owned by the would-be criminals then by the letter of the law he committed grand theft auto by taking it since it wasn't his, even if the scumbags deserved it. If we expect the law to be applied to the criminals in this story then it must be equally applied to the victim at all or else the law becomes a double standard only used when it suits us.

Give me a break... They were robbing his home and you think he should not have done what he did? Im sure the crooks would have rather have been shot right?

The sad thing is he could probably be charged but that wont happen becuase if the crooks did file then they would be facing jail time.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TooManyHumans

I am not saying I agree with the idea that he could be charged, however the law is in fact the law. What I was trying to get at is fair and just application of the law. However I think there needs to be more protections for homeowners, case in point in my state I am liable if an intruder hurts themselves on my property even if their intent is to rob and murder.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hilarious , that's right down the road from here as well.

There's no way they'll charge him with theft, not when the LEO's were throwing around high fives when they came to take the report. The D.A. will get the word to leave it alone, that's just how things work, legal or not.

Good for him, I feel all fuzzy inside...classic.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I did just about the same thing at a mine i worked.

I saw the thieves breaking in and they had left there truck on a dirt road nearby.

I took the truck out of gear and let it roll off the hill.
when the thieves found there truck rolled and destroyed then the cops showed up to find them with the stolen property they looked like real fools.

At another mine i worked at we had a small bridge that we could remove a section to block the road. I got a 4x4 truck out of that from two thieves.

When the cops arrested them they were going to tow the truck but i got them to leave it there so i could charge storage till the thieves got someone to come to get it.
No one did (the thieves spent a year+ in jail so they could not) for three months so i got it transferred i used the DMV rules to transfer it into my name as a abandoned vehicle.
the cops thought that was funny.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

If the car/van was on his property, he might be able to claim that it was illegally parked and was thus removing it... like clampers do. The law does need to be revised. What do they suggest? That we make them tea and cupcakes and gift wrap our valuables? The law is arse-up to the point of being completely ridiculous! To follow it to the letter means submitting yourself willingfully into a state of victimhood. Surely there's something unconstitutional in that?

Never give a sucker an even break I say!

IRM

[edit on 18/2/09 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

join