It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geronimo's Kin Sue Skull And Bones Over Remains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I say scalp 'em!

This is one of the best news stories I've read in a while.

University in New Haven. On the 100th anniversary of the death of legendary …

HARTFORD, Conn. – Geronimo's descendants have sued Skull and Bones — the secret society at Yale University linked to presidents and other powerful figures — claiming that its members stole the remains of the legendary Apache leader decades ago and have kept them ever since.

The federal lawsuit filed in Washington on Tuesday — the 100th anniversary of Geronimo's death — also names the university and the federal government.

full story

Outrageous.

It will be so great if they win!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Craig Ranke CIT

I agree. I just posted a comment on PP and was going to start a thread on this very subject here.
The Native American Grave Protection and Repatriation act should apply here. In 2000 I was the project manager for one of the largest Native American grave relocation projects so far in the states. 160+ Native Americans were disintered and relocated to their closest cultural affiliation or to family members if possible. Skull and Bones are in deep doo doo.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by The Undertaker]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

I sure hope so.

That would be awesome.

As if genocide wasn't enough.

They had to continue to desecrate them even after the grave for their perverted rituals.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Good for them. I hope they win.

The amount of disrespect here is outrageous; I can't fathom even a museum displaying human remains that have not been signed over by the decesed or next of kind.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hoooray. Finally! Way to go. I will bet they prove the bones are not really Geronimo's though.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I went to visit his grave once. There was no indication his remains were not there. I didn't know that. Is there proof?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

According to the article about him on Wikipedia, it's a possibility at least.
Though, to make it stick they'd have exhume the grave site.

Also... does the link in the OP not open for anyone else?
Here's a link to the Yahoo News article:
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The link isn't working, but I did see this in the local newspaper. My reaction was 'fat chance.' They'll never get anything back from Skull and Bones, assuming they even have the real Geronimo remains.

If S&B really does have Geronimo's remains, they should be returned and laid to rest in peace. Would some kind of sonar device be able to detect whether Geronimo's gravesite has been disturbed? They could prove that no one had desecrated it, if that were the case, but if it did turn out to be desecrated, they'd have to investigate further to learn who did it for sure.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

From the Wikipedia article, apparently it was Prescott Bush who raided, or was involved in raiding, the burial site back in WW1. It'd be possible to detect if the gravesite had been disturbed to a degree, but it would only be possible to tell if the bones had been stolen if the grave was opened and if there were any bones in the grave, for them to be tested.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Also... does the link in the OP not open for anyone else?
Here's a link to the Yahoo News article:
news.yahoo.com...

Thanks.

That's the same article I tried to link.

I don't know how it got messed up.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

From the Wikipedia article, apparently it was Prescott Bush who raided, or was involved in raiding, the burial site back in WW1.

Oh I know!

That so adds to the sickness of it all.

The disgusting elitist mentality of this family is difficult to think about.

I'm reminded of Barbara Bush during hurricane Katrina regarding the evacuee's sleeping in a stadium:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Poor guy, like he didn't have a hard enough time as it is.

Such a shame.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
if this fraternity really stole Geronimo's skull, they should be sued and
charged with criminal accusations.

top topics

join