It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA is a "Nation of Cowards" says A.G.Holder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hold on...hold on...

Did he pay his taxes?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Snisha

Cowards because we don't talk about our "racial problems"? ..

Asians don't need to sit down and discuss their Asianness..

Latino's don't need to sit down and discuss their Latinoness

Whites don't need to sit down and discuss their Whiteness..

So why do black constantly need to remind everyone else and themselves that they are Black, and must discuss this fact?

There must be a psychological term for such behaviors...

I don't think that's what he's getting at. Everyone knows what nationality they are without being reminded. The irony is that this nation is referred to as the "Great American Melting Pot" and yet we all tend to stick together with people of our own race instead of mixing together, even today. What could it be other than cowardice or outright apathy that keeps us from addressing the issue of why this happens?

But the thing is, who cares? I dont go looking for black people to hang out with, I dont go looking for white trash to hang out with either, i hang out with people i feel most comftorable with, and that type of person is someone who has the same interest as someone else. I am not going to force myself to hang out with another race just because Holder says to. what is cowardice about that????? this is no different than the clicks in high school where the nerds hang out with nerds, and jocks hang with the jocks, in the end, who really cares? it seems only Holder does

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
We have much, much, bigger fish to fry then ..about race. From the way the country once was......we have move forward in racial issues.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
We have much, much, bigger fish to fry then ..about race. From the way the country once was......we have move forward in racial issues.

just goes to show you that the election of obama made black people scream racism more than ever before. but the real funny thing about it, is hes only half black.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Even when people mix at the workplace or afterwork social events, Holder argued, many Americans in their free time are still segregated inside what he called "race-protected cocoons." "Saturdays and Sundays, America in the year 2009 does not in some ways differ significantly from the country that existed almost 50 years ago. This is truly sad," said Holder.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So... according to our greenhorn A.G. Eric Holder, the America of 2009 is not much different than the America of 1959. Hmmmmmmm......

In 1959 Dr. M.L. King had just moved to Atlanta to become co-pastor of his fathers church. In the years after '59 he spent a large amount of time organizing protests/marches concerning the right to vote, desegregate, have fair labor practices and other basic tenants of "civil rights."
Dr. King was instrumental in influencing the passage of the "Civil Rights Act" of 1964 & the "Voting Rights Act" of 1965.
www.biography.com...

Obviously, these two previously mentioned acts did nothing to alleviate the plight of blacks & minorities in this country, we're no different...right...Mr. A.G.???

Does A.G. Holder really expect the Americans of 2009 to accept his nonsensical blather that we are not much different than 50 yrs. ago???
What is the likelihood that he would be A.G. in '59? Much less an A.G. appointed by a newly elected black POTUS?

Would a person who attended a pro, collegiate or high school sports event on any given Saturday or Sunday in '59 be in a racially diverse environment such as one would see at almost any sporting event in U.S.A. 2009???

I wonder are there ANY A.T.S.'rs who have the ability to successfully argue that there can be a grain of credence found in this man's statements???

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Perhaps someone could name for me another country that has done more to afford people of EVERY race a greater opportunity to pursue and attain their dreams and enjoy a unparalleled degree of freedom???

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
There are no problems, even though I couldn't walk through a black neighborhood without getting robbed or assaulted. Is this the problem he wants to discuss because I'm "down wit dat homey".

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I wonder will the day come (I hope not), that we realize that the tone of the Obama Presidency was set to a certain degree when Rev. Joseph Lowery gave his Inauguration Benediction.

"We ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get in back, when brown can stick around. When yellow will be mellow, when the red man can get ahead, man; and when white will embrace what is right.

redblueamerica.com...

Am I incorrect in detecting a racist slant in the good Rev.'s speech? Does he not, in his own words, draw distinctions solely based on race? This is a speech that I think would have been more appropriate 30,40 or 50 years ago. But is it valid now???

"When white can embrace what is right"???? Are the sins of the father to be ETERNALLY visited upon the head of the son?

I feel that it is disgusting to witness what I think is the bastardization of the civil rights movement. I am astounded that A.G. Holder wishes to browbeat and chastise Americans as being cowards in a time such as this when the national, state and local political landscapes are more than ever accurately and fairly reflecting the racial diversity of this nation.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Great post IMHO

Agreed. This is what Holder wanted. Racists exposing their ignorance.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
US Dept of Injustice

Michelle Malkin has a blog discussing Eric Holders recent dropping of charges against the Black Panthers who were engaged in (white) voter intimidation on election day.

Perhpas Eric Holder is actually the coward.
Afraid of a few New Black Panthers Eric??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join