It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you willing to suffer for you children?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Each and every dime right now that is being spent is your children's, grand children's, and great grandchildren's money.

We are enslaving them with our ignorance and burdening them with insane taxes. What do you want to happen?

Would you be willing to take the pain for them? Would you be willing to suffer so that they could have a better life than what we are leaving them now?

Would you give it all up if there was any shred of evidence that we could make their lives alittle easier?

If not, are you willing to give up their rights and freedoms to a government whom, after you have passed, could possibly take all of their income and force them to live a certain way?

Are you willing to suffer?

It is for OUR children!

[edit on 18-2-2009 by David9176]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No, I'm not willing to suffer for anyone. To that end, I wrote a book, describing the ushering in of the Abundance Paradigm, which will eliminate the need for money.

The book is modeled after a sci-fi format, and uses several devices to introduce the concepts and steps we could take to get rid of money and poverty altogether.

The link to my story, as well as the discussion thread, is in my sig.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Think of your children in a worst case complete economic collapse.

If there are food shortages, riots, looting, urban chaos.... Your children are afraid and starving you have weapons.... what would you do?

I see the point Beck is making and some of it I agree with, but is there a future to save now?

It is not in the hands of the people anyway. They made sure of that when the current recovery plan was passed in short order by many who had not even read the legislation.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing now if that meant a better future for my children theirs... But the reality is that future is NOT in our hands.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In a culture where it's all about "me", it is no wonder why people are doing things that harm future generations.

I hate to put the pro-life thing out there, but would a country that has millions of abortions really care about future generations?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I wouldn't mind sacrificing now if that meant a better future for my children theirs... But the reality is that future is NOT in our hands.

I agree. The whole thing just stinks. It's not right.

is there a future to save now?

I don't know, but what else can you hope for right now? I feel horrible for what this generation has done to the next.

Isn't that what people survive on when times get tough? Hope? Hope that things get better? Hope that tomorrow will be a better day?

I have to hope for my kid to at least have a chance to have a decent life.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The best advice, no kidding, is don't have kids in the first place.

Just my opinion for those who haven't made the jump yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The thing is, looking at society today, most aren't even willing to sacrifice the simplest of comforts for their children, so why think that they would sacrifice long term for them?

We live in a society that is okay with bad parenting. Where it is okay to let 15 year olds wander the streets untill the wee hours of morning. Where is is easieer to medicate a child than to put forth effort in trying to find out what the ACTUAL issue is.

Bottom line: This country does not care about it's youth. At all.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The best advice, no kidding, is don't have kids in the first place. Just my opinion for those who haven't made the jump yet

If I had realized what was happening at the time, it may have changed my decision to have one. It is what it is. No longer is it about what I want, from now on it will all be about her (my kid).

July 4th is the due date. Who knows what this country and the world will look like then.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

The thing is, looking at society today, most aren't even willing to sacrifice the simplest of comforts for their children, so why think that they would sacrifice long term for them?

The majority of American society is about to learn what real sacrifice is.

Most of us, including me, have no idea how tough it's really going to be.

I do agree with you, this is the generation of "lost children."

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic

Why does sacrifice need to be made in the first place? We live in a Universe of plenty - it's just restricted in its flow by the need for money, leaving the resources on this planet VERY badly managed.

How do I know this? If you took every person, of all ages, and gave them 1/4 acre of land in Australia, there would still be a decent chunk of Australia left over. Now granted that not every 1/4 acre would be good for supporting a human on in Australia, but a good number of the plots would be.

And, of course, all the rest of the planet is available.

So to suggest that there is scarcity here is absurd. As long as we continue believing the scarcity lie, we will scratch our heads and wonder how we cn make this work.

I lay out, through the structure of a story, how to get from this scarcity paradigm into abundance. My book, a short, FREE, read, is linked in my sig. Join the discussion thread when you have read what I present.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
It is what it is. No longer is it about what I want, from now on it will all be about her (my kid).

July 4th is the due date.

First off, from one dad to another congrats on becoming an expectant father!

Also congrats for breaching that threshold from being on your own, doing your own thing to knowing that you are going to be responsible for another's well being and that it is your duty, as thier father to do everything you can for that little one's well-being. That personal epiphany is a life changer for all of the new dads that have it. Unfortunately there are still many fathers of teenagers that still have not have experianced that.

Who knows what this country and the world will look like then.

Expect the best, prepare for the worst. You still have time before the baby is born to make sure that the pantry is full, that your assets are safe, and that you and your fledgling family will be okay in the midst of any adversary. Make your preperations now, fill your mind with knowledge to take care of your family, so when that little one comes into the world you can be right there to share thier experiance with them.

All this talk of babies makes me want another one...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by DropInABucket]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't have any kids of my own. BUt, ive often pondered on this thought..without question, YES i would..IF it meant thier survival. Not even an option. If yuo have kids now, arrnt yuo taking care of them, making sure they dont get in trouble, ect? Since thier here now, and if they were mine, absolutely.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I say yes I am. Why should our children and grandchildren pay for our greed and materialism?

We can't spend our way out of this. Geez thats what got us into this mess we're in. Government & people spending money they don't have.

Years ago a sane person should of wondered what happened when credit maxed out on people. When the credit bills became so large that people were borrowing from one credit card to pay another.

We should pay the price. Even those of us that aren't in debt up to our eyebrows. We let it happen. Yes we are the ones that should pay the price not future generations.

At some time we have to stop printing government toliet paper. Thats about what our money is anymore. It's not backed by anything. I tell my son pretty soon it'll be worth as much as that confederate money we have setting around here.

If the south rises again maybe that confederate money might be worth more than the United States money.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I hate to say it, but I totally agree with you. It's almost selfish and unfair to have kids in this climate.

How can you have kids right now, when you know that things are going to be ugly.

Don't get me wrong, kids are the nucleus to life. But right now it's best to just wait until we know what society will bring before we continue to breed.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DropInABucket

First off, from one dad to another congrats on becoming an expectant father!

Thank you very much. I hope that everyone out there does whatever they can (i'm sure most of you out there will) for their kids and family in the coming future. (not that they shouldn't be already, but you know what I mean)

You still have time before the baby is born to make sure that the pantry is full, that your assets are safe, and that you and your fledgling family will be okay in the midst of any adversary. Make your preperations now, fill your mind with knowledge to take care of your family, so when that little one comes into the world you can be right there to share thier experiance with them.

I've been working on that. We have enough money saved. We have furniture. (cribs,etc) Now it's just the wait.

Everything that is happening right now is scaring the daylights out of me. I know it's going to be tough. Really tough. I hope that everyone is strong enough and has the will to see the coming hardships through.

BTW, i'm doing all that I can to educate myself. That's great advice for everyone.

Educate yourself and be ready.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I had hoped that once the election was over the Government would be more Laissez fair about the entire situation ..

Apparently not..

For some reason the .Gov heads think they are infallible and anything they do must have positive effects......

Throwing money into the wind if you ask me, senselessly raising our National Debt for no reason..

Anyone who thinks these bailouts will stave off the Depression we are in, is truly ignorant.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I never wanted children, and still at 34, I feel the same way. I love children, but couldn't imagine raising them in the world we live in. I make no judgements on others.

My brother has two beautiful chilren, 6 and 2 years of age, and I relate everything back to them, and the effect it could have on them.

I would sacrifice anything and everything for them, even my life. And it makes me feel completely helpless that I can not protect them from the unpleasantries they will face; be it financial, social, environmental, etc. I realize that some unpleasantries and adversity will also help them grow - but the direction this world is heading in, is not what I wish for them.

All I can do is love them, teach them, and help them grow into responsible, compassionate, knowledgeable well rounded human beings; and hope that the things I provide them, both material and non, will overshadow that which makes it a not-so-nice world.

One can only hope.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Anyone who thinks these bailouts will stave off the Depression we are in, is truly ignorant.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately there are many that do believe this. I just hope people prepare even if they think this will pass.

Always prepare for the worst.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Well, in many ways it is the fact that I have children (little children, at that) which makes me give a damn. Honestly, if this had happened 7 years ago when I was single and the only person who depended on me was me, I would probably not be overly concerned with any of this. I'd have stuck around until the flames got a little too close for comfort, and then I'd have packed my truck and headed for the mountains away from everyone and everything.

There's no easy answer to your question. I'd actually rather see the suffering come to the world later, rather than right now. The older my kids get the easier it will be for them to understand what's happening and to adapt to circumstances. Mind you, I'm saying this as a man who has no intention of spending the rest of his life financially paying for this farce nor do I plan on leaving my children to pay for it. When the day arrives when it has become too inhospitable for my family to remain American citizens, we will move and either become citizens of another country or evaporate into the void off the grid, whichever is a more attractive option when said time arrives.

Until that day, I will continue to do everything I can to take care of myself and my own first, all others be damned.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I am willing and have suffered for my kids, who now have even less options in life than I do/did. Never thought I would say that but that is how I see it now.

More importantly, I am willing and ready to FIGHT for them!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join