It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favourite Quotes?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
War is when the government tells you who the bad guy is. Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
"open fire on hollywood, open fire on MTV
open fire on NBC, and CBS and ABC
open fire on the NRA, and all the lies they told us along the way
open fire on each weapons manufacturer
while he's giving head to some republician senator

and if i hear one more time about fool's rights to his tools of rage
I'm gonna take all my friends and I'm gonna move to Canada and we're gonna die of old age"

Ani Difranco - To The Teeth

I appreciate it should be shorter to constitute "quote" status - but meh... this say's it all.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding."
-albert einstein
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain, as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."
-albert einstein
Genius is eternal patience.
-Michelangelo
these are a few of my favourite quotes.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
This is an old thread i understand but a new quote has just sprung out of nowhere. seemingly by magic....

"The end of one journey marks the point in which one is ready to see the world in which it really exists. Be not afraid."

Just this one saying alone can teach one to over come fear itself. it is within all of us. and yes, it is that simple.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by darcon

I have 2 favorite quotes at the moment...but I don't remember exactly who said them....but I remember what they said...

"A loser is not someone who tries and fails....a loser is someone who fails to try."

"Forgiveness happens when you give up the hope of changing the past."

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have a non-traditional one that has become one of my favorites:

"Crazier than old man Newman!"

The short story behind it is unusual but interesting, IMO. The fellow that mentored me as I was going through my EASA training for certification used to say it all the time..."he's crazier than old man Newman"...and after weeks of hearing it I finally asked him who old man Newman was.

Turns out, "old man Newman" was a retired gentleman that lived in my mentors neighborhood when he was a kid, and apparently "old man Newman" had lost some of his marbles along the way in life. Doing strange things like talking to himself all the time (which is pretty common now days), and fetching the paper off the front lawn in the nude...things like that. He was nicknamed "old man Newman" by all of his neighbors.

Before I knew it, I was catching myself using the same phrase as my mentor, and started calling people, places and things, "crazier than old man Newman"....now it is stuck in my vocabulary and has been for years.

I personally love it, but it does catch some odd looks once in awhile, and amazingly enough...I have very seldom been asked who "old man Newman" is!

Thanks for letting me share! It's been fun!
edit on 18-6-2011 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
"Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal" 2pac

"Tragedy blows through your life like a tornado, uprooting everything. Creating chaos. You wait for the dust to settle and then you choose. You can live in the wreckage and pretend it's still the mansion you remember. Or you can crawl from the rubble and slowly rebuild." Veronica Mars

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for."

Oh Cigarette Smoking Man, I miss you so.

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ghandi - an eye for an eye will make the world go blind
alltime favorite

and one a bit inapropriate.
note to the mods, i fully understand if this post get censored.
but i had to throw this one out there, as it made me laugh so hard the first i've heard.

DISCLAIMER:
i'm Not homopobic, nor have anything against homosexuals. i've got homosexual friends.
the reason i had to laugh because it's Mike, Iron Mike.

Mike Tyson - I'll F*** You Till You Love Me F****T

the people who followed mike will surely remember this.
the man sure grew up a lot mentally since then.
however it made me laugh, really really hard the first time i've heard it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join