It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter ditches in North Sea.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Helicopter ditches in North Sea.

news.bbc.co.uk

A helicopter, understood to have up to 20 people on board, has ditched on approach to an installation in the North Sea.

The Super Puma was believed to have ditched on approach to an installation 120 miles east of Aberdeen. The alarm was raised just before 1900 GMT.

Three helicopters - including two in-field aircraft and a Sea King from RAF Lossiemouth - are heading to the scene.

A Nimrod from RAF Kinloss has also been scrambled.
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is breaking new just coming in on Sky News and the BBC.

Fingers crosses everyone gets out of there ok, those waters are freezing, i certainly would not want to be in them for any length of time.

I gather the guys would be kitted up in gear for that kind of eventuality? I mean appropriate clothing and rafts?

CX.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
where's the conspiracy!?

Decrease font Decrease font
Enlarge font Enlarge font

LONDON, England (CNN) -- A Super Puma helicopter went down with 18 people on board in the North Sea off the coast of Scotland Wednesday, a Royal Air Force officer told CNN.

The helicopter went down about 120 miles east of Aberdeen in northern Scotland.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman told the UK Press Association: "It is a civilian incident but we are assessing. The RAF has sent one Nimrod from RAF Kinloss and one Sea King helicopter from RAF Lossiemouth.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by xbranscombex]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
everyone picked up alive

Helicopter safest mode of travel also was appraching the platform so would have been going quite slow

the hoff

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
well good to hear that the all the guys are ok was a worrying few hours

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
where's the conspiracy!?

It was shot down by George Gates flying an Illuminati spaceship coming from trying to overthrow China.

CX

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Was that to me?

Do you write that on other breaking news items that don't neccessarily have an obvious conspiracy twist?

All you did was repeat the same news anyway, so is it my turn to shout "wheres the conspiracy?".

If this is in the wrong section, apologies to the mods, feel free to shift it.

CX.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Not good. A freind of mine flies out on a helicopter to an oil rig today. I hope to hell he is ok. Hard as nails but not good for anyone this.

CX

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Not good. A freind of mine flies out on a helicopter to an oil rig today. I hope to hell he is ok. Hard as nails but not good for anyone this.

Is it likely that this could be in the same area? Hopefully your mates not involved.

Just listening to BBC news....they are saying that all the passengers have been pulled alive from the sea.

Good news.

CX.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Cold North Sea water and my prayers are now with the survivors.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Here is footage of the helicopter in the water.

top topics

join