It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riddle surrounds moving tombstone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Riddle surround moving tombstone

www.nu.nl

The Police in Friesland is baffeled by a tombstone that moves by itself. On wednesday the police made public that the suspect of 4 grave desecrations is actually the stone itself.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politie.nl
www.geenstijl.nl

[edit on 18-2-2009 by cappuccino]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I translated this story myself because both google and Altavista did a crap job translating. Here it goes:

The police in Friesland are baffeled by a tombstone that moves by itself. On wednesday the police made public that the suspect of 4 grave desecrations is actually the stone itself.

After 4 reports of desecration the police decided to investigate the matter and installed a camera overlooking the grave.

However, the video footage shows that no one moves the stone; yet the stone, weighing almost 1000 pounds, moves a couple of meters in a few seconds.

The police think that the cause is a natural phenomonon and are trying to find out the exact cause.

People in the village of Aalsum speculate what might have caused this. The wife of the caretaker of the Aalsumer church think the stone might move because it is heated by the sun.

Both police and a spokesman of masonry Buitenpost (who did not make the stone) cannot confirm this.
"for all I know, this could be a big rat", the spokesman said.

www.nu.nl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What about these explanations huh? They suck. Anyways, I added some links to shockblog geenstijl.nl and a link to a site of the frysian police. Unfortunately all are in dutch, but feel free to use google translate. I prefer to post the originals.

Some additional facts:
the black slab stone moved by it self, without help from human hands. The village of Aalsum is built on an artificial dwelling hill. The hill itself is a radial dwelling hill (google map link).

No heavy traffic moves trough the village and there is no history of moving stones. The grave is horizontal. It is the only moving tombstone on the grave yard. It is sacred ground since the 12th century, altough that does not say much.

Gaswinning happens in the area, with some mild surface decay as result, but not in the direct area of the grave yard. There are no recorded earthquakes in the area. The dutch national police forensics laboratory is investigating why the stone is moving.

So, ladies and gentleman, fire your engines: what could have caused this? Has the Day of the Dead finally come? Is this a case for the Melinda Gordon the ghost whisperer? Or is it just sand an moisture moving a very smooth stone?

Oh and for people wanting to see the video: book a flight, because the family of the deceased does not want te video to be public.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cappuccino

A big rat? lol. 1,000lb rock, that must be a huge rat!!

Anywhoo...

I have heard of magnetized rocks moving on their own, but never a story like this.. interesting.. do we have access to the video clip?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Got the police video?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ok - I'm paying attention.
This is cool and I REALLY want to know why. : )
Tiny seismic energy?

[edit on 18-2-2009 by spinkyboo]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Could be how jesus escaped from the tomb he was in?
Atheist but fairly sure he was a real person.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Got the police video?

Nope, the family of the deceased does not want the video to be public. It is really an interesting story, because it is the only moving stone on the grave yard.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'd love to see this footage, certainly an unusual event.

But I'm waiting until I see it for myself.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cappuccino

Got the police video?

Nope, the family of the deceased does not want the video to be public. It is really an interesting story, because it is the only moving stone on the grave yard.

Was the grave a resent one or an old one since the site has been a graveyard for 800 years? Also did the stone cut a path through the dirt and stay upright? And was it always moving in the same direction...just some questions...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Fascinating story! Too bad the police vid is not released. I would believe it all the more with THAT data!

I hope the mystery is solved!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Was the grave a resent one or an old one since the site has been a graveyard for 800 years? Also did the stone cut a path through the dirt and stay upright? And was it always moving in the same direction...just some questions...

it was not a standing stone, it was more like this one. please note, just an example. Not the original one. It always moved in the same direction.

This can me two things: either a persistent entity or an imperfection in the stone which caused it to move in the same direction every time. It is a fairly new grave, but I do not know the age. Not more then two years old i guess. I do not know if the ston left a mark on the ground.

The place is about a 5 hour drive from where I live, so it's a bit to far for me to check out. Maybe a fellow Dutch ATSr can check it out?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ah, I found a small update which adds some more juice to the tale:

The grave was 3 days old on the start of the desecrations. The person that is buried there is a man who was a gay man. He died of a heartattack while having sex in the woods with another man. You could say he died on the cross(tch).

As is custom in holland, the man was buried 5 days after he died. 3 days later the stone starts moving... Now where have I heared such a thing before?

Maybe he was a descendant of Jesus? I see posibilities for a whole Dan Brown book around the topic: was Jesus gay?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Could be how Jesus escaped from the tomb he was in?
Atheist but fairly sure he was a real person.

That would require him rising from the dead first.

Which is the entire point of him leaving the tomb.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
They say they don't want to release the video because of the deceased.
This is probably just an excuse.
Because it probably clearly shows something of the paranormal.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Why not release the video? The name could be easily blurred out to protect privacy. I have to wonder what the real reason for not releasing it is.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I am not 100% sure but there is an exploitative video of sorts that seems to be about this issue - its all in Dutch so I really have no idea but the link was via one the links by the OP

Froek's tv

www.froeks.tv...

perhaps the OP or someone who speaks the lingo can explain what they are doing in this video.
or, confirm if it is even related.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by wayno]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Perhaps his rotting body is creating gas emissions that cause pressure in the tomb to rise until it pops the lid off?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gopher mines
Perhaps his rotting body is creating gas emissions that cause pressure in the tomb to rise until it pops the lid off?

Yeah and this has happened before.
But it would seem this moved to quickly and to far for just gas movement.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

Why not release the video? The name could be easily blurred out to protect privacy. I have to wonder what the real reason for not releasing it is.

Exactly! I would suspect the real reason is because there is very little truth to the story. I will believe it when I see it. Call me doubting Thomas.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join