It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook backs down, reverses on user information policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Facebook backs down, reverses on user information policy

www.cnn.com

Under fire from tens of thousands of users, the social networking site Facebook said early Wednesday it is reverting to its old policy on user information -- for now.

The site posted a brief message on users' home pages that said it was returning to its previous "Terms of Use" policy "while we resolve the issues that people have raised."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think it's great that people actually worked up enough groups and petitions to really show the owner's of Facebook that they do not own us.

The article is also quoted as saying that they never claimed ownership of our content, that it is always ours. Funny the other terms of use said they had exclusive rights even after account deletion.

This just goes to show how a little act of trying to take somebody's right to ownership away can escalate very quickly when intelligent members of that community stand up and hold the owners accountable.

Good Job Facecrackers!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Good thing I stick to myspace for the whole social networking gobldegook.
It seems more and more lately that facebook users are having issues with the service and rules. I have never had any issue with myspace. Maybe it's just ignorance on my part but it seems facebook isn't as good as myspace

[edit on 2/18/2009 by darklife]

new topics

join