It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roland Burris, we hardly knew ye.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It has now come out that Sen Roland Burris did talk with former Gov F-words' brother about the Senate seat. I used to admire Sen Burris a lot, but now I do wish he would resign or promise not to run in 2010. The first time he upset me was when he let Rep Bobby Rush talk at his press conference when he was first appointed. Rep Rush then pulled out the race card, which is what the old guard African American politicians do, and quite often at that. It seemed very embarrassing as well, since the state had just overwhelmingly voted Barack Obama president. I let that slide, as they are the old school politicians, and that is what they know.

Now he has not been forthcoming about his prior meetings with ex-Gov Blagojevich's brother. He has blamed the media, stating he told everything when asked. I do wonder when politicians will realize that the media and C-Span does tape things, and they do not erase the tape to use over like in the good old days. He clearly stated he did not meet with F-words' brother, and that is in the record. This may be minor to some, but the whole thing has been an embarrassment to the people of Illinois (including myself). It is time for a fresh face to run in 2010. I will not vote for Roland Burris.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It now has been revealed that Sen Burris' son was given a job before Sen Burris was given the appointment. More and more stuff keeps on coming in, and the Senator is digging in his heels. I hope he has the dignity to at least not run in 2010. However, I think dignity was thrown out the window when Sen Burris accepted the senate seat.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Many Democrats are already sizing up a run against Sen Burris:

www.politico.com...

William Daley is but one of many Democrats who are eying it. Sen Burris is probably hoping for the others to split the vote, and he will cruise to victory. He will probably then be defeated by the Republican candidate if that happens.

It is going to be an interesting race, especially if Sen Burris runs.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Roland Burris has raised less than $1000 in the first quarter of fund raising. There is speculation that he may not run again, but he has not said so yet. It does look like he will have one major challenger in the primary, so Republicans will probably not be gaining this seat. Lisa Madigan is eyeing the Governor's office, so the chances of splitting the vote for a Burris win is unlikely now.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It seems that Sen Burris has some explaining to do about a phone call to Gov Blagojavich's brother:

www.usatoday.com...

Sen Burris is still mulling over running for another term in the Senate. There is fear that the already crowded field in the Democratic primary would assure him a win. The Republicans are looking to gain the seat in the fall, and their prospects look quite good. It all depends on how the latest developments pan out on the story.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It is official, Roland Burris will not run for re-election. He has stated it would take too much time to raise money of which he has very little of for a race. This makes the Democrats breathe a little easier, as there was a slight possibility that the already crowded Democratic field could have given Sen Burris a win.

With the possibility of Rep Mark Kirk not running for the Senate seat, this will remain safely Democrat. Even if he does, he would have formidable competition in the race.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
deleted

[edit on 10/6/2009 by kidflash2008]

top topics

join