It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol 2009

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
All my votes are going for Kris. He is going to win!

I like Adam, but honestly he is starting to get on my nerves. He can't sing a song (I only remember one actually) without screaming and letting his tongue hang out. It was fun at first, but now it's just old.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Both Adam and Kris were very good. I did not like the song written by Kara, and wish they did not have the Idol finalists sing such tripe.

There are reports that Adam will not win because he is gay and not a Christian by the media. I also think Kris will win, as he has a large fan of teenyboppers. We will see after tonight, although the show is going to run over two hours to give a two minute result.

This was one of the better competitions with really good singers. I will probably watch next season like I did this one, starting from the top 36. I get tired of the stupid and silly forced drama by the producers, but that is what the "people" want.

After Simon leaves next season, I probably will too.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ADAM NEEDS TO WIN!!!
Because he is gay and not a Christian, lol.

No honestly though, he is gorgeous. I love him. I love his voice.

I never watch this show, this is the first time I've ever watched any of it. I just love that boy.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Pretty good show tonight & the results were amazing!! Adam has noi worry about his future by losing to Kris and I thought it was great Kris won. He will get a big push from winning - Adam needs no push what so ever!!

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I wanted Adam to win, but he is a big winner anyway! he is a star and he has all the potential to be right up there with the King.

Kris is cute but ididnt think he could hold a candle to Adam.

In the end, they're both winners, though.

Adam will become a legend if he plays his cards right.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It's certainly a matter of preference. I was almost tempted to mute the television when Adam was on each week. Early on I was a fan, but those shrieks were too much for me. When he remained in a lower tone, I did like his sound. But as soon as he went with the higher notes, he completely put me off.

Kris is and is going to be an amazing artist. I look forward to what he does as an individual and in collaboration with other artists.

The "No Boundaries" song that he has, I really believe that will challenge for number one. I'm not sure why, but I really.. really like it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You're right Chiss.

I know some people were put off by his shieks but overall, he sings like a star, and acts like a star and has that star thing going.

Its all a matter of preference. I just base it on how eager i am to see the performance, thats all...and i'm eager to see him.

But they are both winners either way.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It was no surprise that Kris had one as he probably won the support of Danny's voters. I also think both will do well, and Adam will be able to go his creative way without having the producers telling him what to do. I hope Kris can keep his identity as many other winners sound the same.

I thought Danny Gokey in his last few performances was shouting his lyrics. I guess it is in how one perceives the performance.

I think the show is starting to show its age. After eight seasons, they should think about making the tenth one the final. It will lose another several million viewers when it comes back just like it did for this season. Some shows need to know when to pack it up before they overstay their welcome, but something tells me Idol is not one of them.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well, they could change it up a bit...that would help.
Change the process a bit, add some more group stuff, for example. More duets maybe?

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What they could do is what "So You Think You Can Dance" does, and that is have the three bottom vote getters have a sing off. The judges would then decide which one is leaving, giving the talented ones time to grow. They could still have the save option by having a show where all get to stay, but then two would be eliminated the next week.

There has been a lot of anger out there by the rabid Adam fans on why he lost. I have to say that he was not the usual vanilla type singer, so his chance was always minimal. How many winners have been really daring other than David Cook? This is the same show that picked Taylor Hicks a few seasons back. Besides, Kris was actually good and deserved to win, unlike some past contestants.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join