It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran builds 600 miles unmanned aircraft

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Iran builds 600 miles unmanned aircraft

hosted.ap.org

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran has built an unmanned surveillance aircraft with a range of more than 600 miles - enough to reach Israel - a top defense official said in remarks published Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Attempted to fix link.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by MemoryShock]

[edit on 18-2-2009 by sty]

MOD EDIT: Second attempt to fix link.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by TheBorg]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

sty

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Very interesting developement, as Iran claims a 600 miles ( 900 KM) range unmanned air vehicle. to be mentioned that the scientists from I. are quite good in AI and Robotics research. As far as I know Russia does not have UAV-s ; is this making Iran an emerging military power?

"Wednesday's reports follow this week's announcement that Iran has restructured its military in an effort to improve its air defense capabilities"

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed long link]

[edit on 20-2-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

sty

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
the link does not work , I will try again:

link

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

lets look at Iran and its surroundings and look at how it unlike others has done alot to nurture its students (the country trys alot to keep its people in education)
so give it time and they will keep on emproving them selves.
so not shocked they were able to (if its true) develope this drone

this could be one reason Iran is launching its own Satelites,
have its own coms network for these aswell as others military things

[edit on 18-2-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I will say good for them.
By does it always have to be a story involving Israel?
If they are building stuff to improve their society good for them but to build weapons specifically designed to threaten neighbors then this is no sign of educated people.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
You mean to tell me that USrael has been threating to destroy their Nuclear Plants and they didn't already have 100+ of these unmanned aircraft built??????

lol.

tsk tsk Iran. I understand these Aircraft are more offensive than defensive, but damn.. get in gear Iran or you're REALLY gonna lose this one.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
One simple question, may get a lot of answers on this one!

What would Israel do if it saw / caught an Iranian UAV flying over Israel taking a few snapshots etc.?

Wow, that would cause a major problem and could possibly start something big off?

What do you guys think might happen?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
All this military buildup will destroy our beautiful earth. It's a shame. There is no way to peace, peace is the way. People must understand this: Violence will always lead to violence. Guantanamo resulted in more terrorists. War on Iraq did the same.

But right now, with all the existing weapons... Who dares to go the peaceful way? Everyone is afraid of all the remaining weapons. There is no way out.

This is why our earth is doomed. Plain and simple

sty

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

well, Iran is large enough for the sake of testing their toys. I would not send any UAV outside Iran unless I am sure I have a "cloud! of 1 000 000 integrated UAVs or so...

sty

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wachstum

This is happening when fear is stronger than love. This is our level at the moment as civilization

new topics

top topics

join