It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY TImes Chimp/Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is not funny or creative....
Again, I am speechless... It reminds me of the Drunken Negro Head cookies.

This is from the NY Times:
www.nypost.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am surprised ANYBODY is seeing this as racist. When I think of all the pictures implying that Bush was a chimp (I'll add a couple of links below). The race card is getting really old - the stimulus bill does look like a pride of chimps wrote it with crayons on toilet paper. So I think it's fair comment.

Pic One

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

If you want a few more let me know.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This is satire based on the fact that a well known TV chimpanzee had to be shot recently for mauling its owner.

Racist? Hardly.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have to agree with the critics, this comparison is too bizarre and pointless to be anything other than racist (if it actually came from the Times) unless they are implying that any moron off the street can write the next stimulus bill which is what it's attempt may have been. Either way, not very funny or informative.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

when I first saw this I started laughing!
I think they have a double meaning behind it but who cares, remember the guy that made the curious george shirts that said "Obama '09"

the four monkey hands sure would have came in handy yesterday though when obama had to use 10 different pens to sign the stimulus bill.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
nothing funny or creative.
i agree.
most who'll find this amusing are neither funny nor creative.
the ny post has once again shown poor judgement.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by heather65]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
If this has been posted a couple months ago... then yes, it would have been the cartoonist comparing BUSH to the Chimp (the author of the original stimulus package) but to do it NOW means the comparison is with the current stimulus package - presumably with the author of Obama.

The fact that there was a shooting of a chimpanzee by police in the last few days only drives home the 'timeliness' of the piece. It is NOT referring to past history...and yet, I find myself wondering why? Did the artist REALLY need a chimpanzee shooting as inspiration? Wouldn't it have been more appropriate - to compare a poor President at the end of his term, that could be assessed as being little more than Cheney's chimp, etc. than it would be to compare a NEW President with less than a month in office?

I'm white... but I think it's a bit obvious that there is a race card here. It's clear that there is a history in this country (perhaps around the world) of demeaning people by comparing them to animals (which is probably no favor to the animals either) but the frequent reference of those with African heritage to 'chimps' is well recorded and it's difficult to believe that it escaped the artist.

Not sure how it could be funny...unless you are assuming or of the mind that Obama will be a lousy President. If that is your POV then you probably need to have a serious talk with yourself. Our nation is in a catastrophic crisis and you've already made up your mind? Is that courage? Or an attitude that is helpful. Not at all.

Can we at least pull together for the basis of our own narrow self-interest of surviving?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
What? The monkey didn't even look like Obama! If someone says monkey(that looks like a monkey)=Obama, they need a head checkup.The way people talked about it I had thought they made a cartoon obama, drawn like a monkey.Animal rights groups should be more upset about animal killing than blacks finding this racist.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm confused... How is it implying that it's Obama even?

I like the sign "beware the dog" when it's the chimp they have to look out for!

Maybe it's saying any monkey can write a stimulus plan?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You people that are saying you don't see how this is racist are in denial. Nobody is trying to play the race card. For years black people have been called "monkey". Those pictures of Bush with the chimps are comparing the faces that he is making with the chimp. This is just blatant disrespect!! This man is really trying to make things better but there are so many people that want him to fail. Well guess what, he's not!!! Get over it, YOUR PRESIDENT IS BLACK!!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
PETA and Al Sharpton tag team coming up?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
watch and see give it a year top's....
There will be a law anyone mentions obama and a monkey in same sentence get's jailed.

mark my word's.

join