It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

"Does the term, "Don't Mess with Texas" give new meaning to any of ya'll Yankees?"

Why Sir, I know you just did not call me a Yankee! If you did I'd have to challenge you to a duel! That is a fighting insult Sir!

Notwithstanding this, I do believe the great state of Texas shall lead the way to freedom this time. Your state is a breed unto itself.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Bill passed the house and now in the Senate....

www.legis.state.tx.us...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The fundamental problem with this is this: Nobody gives a crap. Present company excluded. I explained this to one of my friends today, this bill, who is texan and she said 'Federal Law always supercedes the constitution, everyone knows that'. I was astounded as clearly she hadn't read Section 4 Article 4.
The truth of the matter is this: This bill could very easily have been calling for the summary execution of all americans and nobody would have noticed until their episode of Family Guy was interrupted by the execution squads breaking down their door.
The americans don't care about politics. They're more concerned with whose going to win American Idol. THAT is their politics. I hate to say it but until the American Public wake up stop being the dumbest sheep in the world, resolutions like this will never carry any gravity.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by James Random]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by James Random

That will change from person to person. I know several who are well aware of the crap our Federal Government is trying to pull.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Rock on, thanks for the update!

Cant wait to see what the senate will do.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by James Random

That will change from person to person. I know several who are well aware of the crap our Federal Government is trying to pull.

But are they doing or saying anything about it? Being aware of something means little if you do nothing with the information.

If you are aware and apathetic, then you are riding the same train as the ignorant and apathetic and you will arrive at the same destination.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by slimpickens93

I personally am constantly emailing my state senators and representatives and although I know it is useless I do to my Federal Senators and Federal Representatives as well.

Beyond that all one can do is make preparations for what is coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join