It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas joins the club of States telling the Federal Government to Stand Down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
GOD Bless Texas!

Gov. Rick has had to do some major backtracking on his stand concerning the Trans-Texas Corridor and the theft and seizure of private lands to give to the government of Spain. Not to mention his violation of the Logan Act. This turd needs to be flushed!

I was wondering what was taking so long!

"Texas, It's like a whole other country!"

P.S.: We even have our own air force!

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Spencer Tracy]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

What real American would fight against itself and freedom?

What real American would want the United States to become a mirror image of WWII Germany?

The intellegence people causing all of this mess are in Washington headquarters and would never pick up a weapon, put themselves on the line and fight for what they are trying to pull.

There will be no blood, it will be done through the courts and with diplomacy. This is all propaganda and trying to turn the public against each other with the so-called two party system.

They are going to fail

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by liesnomore

No - Texas was asked by the states to join and we did. However, we kept it as part of our State Constitution that we should be able to secede from the union at a time of our choosing without repercussions.

That's why a lot of us are happy our state is finally doing this. I was surprised we weren't the first ones doing this. Hell w/ all this crazy gun law/stimulus/illegal war crap.

I think that Russian was wrong though - if the "big one" happens - Texas ain't going to be part of some "Southern States Coalition".... hah! It's going to be "Texas" and then there will be another region called the South.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just sent e-mail to my reps. Also sent it to every Texan on my list with the links to review the bill and to find their reps.

Every Texan should do the same so this can get out across the state.

Also if you have any conservative talk radio in your area you might want to forward the story to them to help make it more known.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott

What real American would fight against itself and freedom?

What real American would want the United States to become a mirror image of WWII Germany?

The intellegence people causing all of this mess are in Washington headquarters and would never pick up a weapon, put themselves on the line and fight for what they are trying to pull.

There will be no blood, it will be done through the courts and with diplomacy. This is all propaganda and trying to turn the public against each other with the so-called two party system.

They are going to fail

Couldn't have said it better myself.
We all know damn well the fat ass Rockefellers or any NWO stooge sitting the White House or Capital Building aren't going to lift a lazy fat finger. They are completely dependent on hoping some mindless brainwashed pscyho with a gun will do it for them by believing they are stopping the 'terrorists'.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Sorry if this sounds... out there... but this "Club of Sovereign States" thing has me thinking civil war. Maybe they can call their side the CSS. And maybe those backing the federal government would be the USSA?
Honestly though. If these states get together and decide they've had enough, is it not to far off to think 'civil war'.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You are entirely right.No matter whos in power somethings go on unchanged.There is a higher power then known governments.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by darkxhampster

I think differently. If all or enough of the states jump on board with this, that is restoring the constitution, the Federal Government would be powerless to stop it.

You have to remember, chances are the people in State Governments will get the same chip implants, go to the same FEMA camps, and endure the same martial law we do. They have a vested interest if not in representing their constituents, then preserving their own liberties.

That being said, no state is talking about succeeding, they are talking about quite the opposite and taking their power and rightful place back in the scheme of the United States.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bringer

That's what I'm sayin' But we have Reid here and he is influential. He single handedly killed a new coal fired power plant in favor of a wind farm. But Reid is Federal, and has no vote in State affairs.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

"We've got to respect New Hampshire for starting all of this."

This is actually incorrect. I have seen that line used so much recently. In fact, it was Oklahoma that started this last year. >> www.wnd.com...

Now I would just like to see one of our spineless legislators here in Arkansas put something like this forward. Arkansas is a VERY proud state. I'm shocked that we don't have something similar in the works. I'm hoping it is just a matter of time.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by Armour For Victor

Fast forward to today. if we had states declaring secession from the U.S. you better believe the federal government would send in federal troops to stop it. they will do anything to keep their power. they will do anything to keep the states in line and ultimately the people.

Now i have a question for you. Lincoln is credited with freeing the slaves right. my question is did he actually free the slaves or enslave us all?

First I agree with Jam here. This resolution, as emotional as it is -- is simply paper. There are legal ways of filing grievances over the 9th/10th amendments. To top that off, it's not a binding resolution. With that said, I think this is a testing of the water for support before true resolutions/suits are made. Will the legislature support it, and more importantly, the people of that state. Additionally, reaction of the federal government (testing backlash) can be a goal. If not, then all this is lip service to appease a very vocal minority.

As for a Civil War today. I'm not so sure of that in a hypothetical situation.

Today -- I haven't met a person that disagrees that the government is the problem. Day by day resentment grows for the Federal government. I've seen people get more restless and more resentful of the Fed year by year. They have no faith in their government, nor should they.

Back then, you had a polarized view that was segmented into two separate geographical locations. Technically, the south WAS right and justified to succeed -- but not at the same time. They claimed states rights, over another states rights in regards to slavery. The focal point being the Fugitive Slave law.

This time it is different. This is the Fed encroaching on the states and individual rights and it's not geographically centered.

What would the government use for propaganda to go to war with itself today? Slavery is gone, but infringement upon states rights AND individual rights still remain on the table today.

Only this time instead of State vs State, it would be States and people vs Fed.

America is war weary. We've had non stop war with someone, somewhere, or some ideology for the past couple generations. We're tired of it. We can't even get people to support the ongoing wars currently abroad, imagine the Fed trying to spin something in your back yard against you and your rights personally.

It can be peaceful revolution reaffirming their rights for the people. Although the Fed would backlash to be certain, it also has global political implications to consider. The world is a much smaller place than it was in the 1800's, and from what I gather there is a large resentment of the Fed abroad for it's policies especially those not constitutional to begin with, but not directed towards the people.

I also find it difficult to believe that all of the US military will fire upon United States citizens reaffirming their constitutional rights, whom they've sworn to both protect. Even communist soldiers have a problem with running over their own people in tanks. I could be wrong, but I think the military would collapse internally fighting each other before that happened.

My answer to your Lincoln question is slightly different than you expect. The southern states were unified against the north. It was a brilliant political move to offer freedom for slaves and use that as a focal point to rally the north behind. It tore the south apart from the inside out as slavery was integral to their labor effort. No labor = Lost war.

Had the issue NOT have been slavery to rally the people behind, I don't think the United States would be 50 states today.

Lincoln opened the gateway for a large fed -- but no one stepped through it until later.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
That is what to do! I agree one hundred percent with your sentiment.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
wow the collapse of america into a chaos of nation states, war lords, failed democracys and terrorist enclaves is happening faster than i suspected - it's funny i hear a lot of people saying 'we never though the soviet union could just fall, then it did' -the signs were there, the writing was well and truly on the wall yet they couldn't see it -i bet these are the people that will be saying 'i never thought the united states could fall, then it did'

Unless obama can find away of making the NAU work it looks like the 21c won't be the american century after all.

I dont think you can compare the two situations.. URSS was a federation of many ethnies..
USA is a federation of states that have pretty much the same culture

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
States should already be forming their own militia or State run units so that the States that are claiming sovereignty are prepared and on the same page in case we have to revolt against the Federal security structure.

Everyone keeps saying - if it goes any further without anyone acting on this it is going to get worse and the U.S. will collapse - the States should be setting up their own sovereign armies and preparing us for this, to keep it within the grounds of of it being a State run action instead of rogue groups acting on their own. If militia act on their own without State backing the Fed's can label it a domestic terror cell and arrest or take deadly action against such group. But if that group is organized and backed by the Sovereign state and each member being listed as a Statesman, the fight is legal and just.

You should read the constitution, the states already have their own armed forces. There is NO national armed forces. They are ALL part of the states and called into action in a national time of need.

Officers are all supposed to be sworn in by the states and then called into action by the federal government in a time of need.

Jaden

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gtex23

Thanks a ton!

(Second line)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
And what are the Feds saying about all this?

I'm sure it won't be on Fox or CNN.

Any leaks from insiders?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
As an Englishman I find this whole situation a bit baffling.

Firstly what has prompted all of these states to start doing this? You know what it's like, people in power at any level are all in each others pockets & taking backhanders from up & down the foodchain, so why & how would someone in that chain suddenly become a dissenter against their colleagues/superiors/masters?

It kind of doesn't make sense.

Also, to have numerous states doing this doesn't ring true either. Trying to coordinate any disparate group of people to do anything is tough, but trying to convince different politicians &/or public officials would be nigh on impossible.

That leads me to be able to think of only 2 possibilities:

1) Something was revealed to them that shocked them so much that a lot of them have agreed behind closed doors to do this (I'm thinking maybe when they were told why they would sign the financial bill through maybe - or maybe that was the wrong group of people??)

or;

2) It's being co-ordinated from higher up. Maybe the writing is on the wall & when say economic collapse comes people will have zero faith in the Federal Govt & their local leaders, so they start the ball rolling now to make it look as though they are anti-FedGov & pro the people so that afterwards everything can be blamed on the evil "Fed Gov" & the people will still support their local government.

Then they can create a new centralised power that's "pro people" but will really be the same entity in a different guise run by the same people.

Or most likely I don't understand whats going on 'cause I'm not a Yank

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for....as the old saying goes. I see many on this post so thrilled about Texas taking a stand against the United States. Along with several other states it has come down to simple legislation in deciding the outcome on how to respond to a Government that had failed the people. You know back in the 1860's Texas along with several other states had enough of the Government back then...thousands of lives later the union was preserved and the greatest nation on the face of the earth did not parish. So now history will have a chance to repeat itself once again? Now don't tell me that deep down inside none of you are wishing or advocating Civil War???I mean to hate ones country to the point that millions of lives would be lost a second time around and that those loved ones you have serving in your military would have to come in and point their weapons at their own families since they swore an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC!!! DOMESTIC.....Let that word sink into your brain for a second....Correct me if I'm wrong but last time I checked WE THE PEOPLE are the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. So are we talking about potential Suicide here??? I mean are we willing to cut our throats yet again because we let the politicians both Democrats and Republicans, Liberals and Conservatives destroy what this country stands for??? I guess we are. So with that let me remind all of you the consequences of going down a path we went down before...Abraham Lincoln has just celebrated his birthday and I find it very fitting that everything he and many thousands of other Americans died for was in vain. I mean we can't get along no more without trying to rip each others head off for having different points of view in this country...I guess in the end it is time for another Civil War in America and I pray that this time around it be the final battle of the American Revolution...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
wow the collapse of america into a chaos of nation states, war lords, failed democracys and terrorist enclaves is happening faster than i suspected - it's funny i hear a lot of people saying 'we never though the soviet union could just fall, then it did' -the signs were there, the writing was well and truly on the wall yet they couldn't see it -i bet these are the people that will be saying 'i never thought the united states could fall, then it did'

Unless obama can find away of making the NAU work it looks like the 21c won't be the american century after all.

You are kidding, right?

If we embrace the NAU, how will that make it the "american century"?

If the States re-assert the authority originally granted them by the Constitution and subsequently whittled away and replaced by a power hungry, abusive federal govt., how is that a bad thing??????

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

There is an element of this 'trend' that bears recalling; you may recall an interesting meeting held in the strictest of confidence by elected representatives of the states not long ago. The actual record of that meeting was never released. There was much speculation about financial turmoil, civil unrest, and the imposition of martial law. Most simply used the speculation to contrive partisan friction as part of the campaign. Some saw that the political show is only another form of popular entertainment.

I suspect that many congressional and senatorial leaders at that time were faced with the cold-stark-and naively unexpected reality that the federal government had plans in place top execute a major change, economic, military. diplomatic or otherwise. It may have become evident to the less-entrenched political 'careerists' that their very raison d'etre was at risk, if the globalist agenda is followed through - as wholeheartedly lauded and called for by the 1st President Bush.

There has been a play within the Federal Government to 'lead' the nation into places we do not care to go. Every day more and more concession are surrendered to the transnational 'entities' and more and more deference is given to the notion of 'cooperation'. Unfortunately, it is now becoming clear that such cooperation is not in the interest of anyone who doesn't happen to be 'transnational'. Since only such entities as 'corporations' and 'non-governmental-organizations' can qualify as 'transnational' we are speaking of the near-mythical NWO or whatever tag you enjoy planting on the naked face of exploitation and serfdom.

This was NO surprise to some of us, I assure you. I also assure you, I hope I am incorrect. But from what we are seeing, all over the world, I can say that I sense a door is opening, and I don't like what I believe is behind it.

Sorry to digress. I love Texas as much as any other state in our Union.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join