It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crocodile Eats 5-Year-Old Boy - Parents Want Animal Spared

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

I am saying kill the croc.

Simple as that.

The natural world is unforgiving and harsh. We may not be wild animals but we can be just as cruel if not worse. If a human man had killed said child by eating it he would be put to death or placed in prison tell death. No we are not crocs, but we have the intelligence to realize when an animal is a threat and kills one of ours we probably should kill it before it does it again.

That's my two cents.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellipsis

Sorry mate, nobody is repsonisble here, and the croc is following instinct. The kid ran into the water after his dog, into one of the most crocodile prone areas of Australia. Crocs are natural killers, you enter their territory and you will become prey.

Its an unfortunant incident, and I praise the parents choice. They obviously know what the waterways of tropical Australia are like.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That's great but if a croc kills my child it will die.

Believe me I understand your POV, but I disagree that the croc has more rights then the child.

I can see this discussion being a loop around argument anyways so lets just agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellipsis

It's not like the croc wandered into sombody's back yard and had a meal, it was in it's natural element. The parents let their child wander unsupervised into that element. You have to draw the line of reason somewhere.

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellipsis
That's great but if a croc kills my child it will die.

Believe me I understand your POV, but I disagree that the croc has more rights then the child.

Its not like that.

Humans live on land

Crocs live in Water

If someone broke into your house would you just let them walk around and do what they please? No, you wouldnt....you would forcibly remove them from your house.

The kid wandered into the crocs "home" and was dealt with, its not the crocs fault its instinct tells it to kill and devour anything that comes into its habitat

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The family is doing the right thing by not having the croc killed. It's truly the circle of life and it's not the child's body that counts in my book. It's his spirit or soul to say. A croc cannot devour that. His body will disappear in a grave just as much as from the crocs booty. It all ends up back in the earth. It's already tragedy enough, and to kill a " WILD" animal for doing what it's been programmed to do would be just another tragedy. I'm proud of the parents decision but I'm sad that they didn't have the brains to keep their child safe and teach him about the dangers.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Sorry mate, nobody is repsonisble here ...

another way to say that is "the parents were ir-responsible."

jw

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I did think about that, but the kids did run into the water after his dog. I suppose the parents couldve stopped him

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Should Great Whites that kill surfers be killed? Same thing.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
If the surfer was my 5 year old child and the shark was close enough to me then yeah I would probably kill it or be eaten myself.

Being honest here. Nature itself is a kill or be killed thing and if a great white shark is preying on humans in an area where humans wander, then kill it. why is this sharks life more valuable then the humans??

I understand my opinion is not the popular one here. And I may be playing devil's advocate a bit because of the situation, but I still stand by my thoughts that the croc in this situation needs to die.

To quote Dr. Love
Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join