It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Un-armed Citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by liesnomore

If an armed soldier came to your house and told you and your family to get on a bus while him and his buddies were pointing automatics at you, would you feel like listening to that man?

If that same soldier and his buddies came to your house pointing guns at you and barking orders at your family and you had a gun, would you not use it to protect your loved ones and yourself?

If you would choose not to thats a choice you'll have to live with and i call it fear and cowardice. It is in my rights as a free man to defend myself from invaders of my home and i will excercise that right.

I have no problem killing a man whose intentions are to kill me or my loved ones. Any one who wouldn't stand up for themselves and their families have forgotten what it means to be a free American.

And for any further clarification--- Patriots and rednecks are totally different. Patriots stand up to defend freedom in the name of our country and god given rights. Rednecks mary their cousins and beat their young.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

You got it! Amo is also in that bill.

I should not have to get a lic. to buy shells or bullets for guns that I have had, or passed down to me for decades.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Please check your sources.

www.cbsnews.com...

www.military.com...

And as far as your "Thou shall not kill" comment. Just because I have a gun does not mean I go killing people. But that is the attitude of those who would want guns taken away.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks Obama is not after their guns lives in a world of fantasy. He has voted for gun control and against gun ownership EVERYTIME as a senator.

The second amendment is not about hunting, its about bearing arms for self preservation and property protection.

Starred and flagged post, very nice write up.

For those of you that support ANY type of gun control in America - read up on your history. Real history, not just anecdotal stories that support your head in the sand mentality.

And another thing - don't even think about controlling my guns until you find a way to control the bad guy's guns.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Biden's Gun Control List

Obama's Gun Control List

Theres an brief overview of the hurdles before supporters of the 2nd ammendment. If there was an administration that could easily take American guns away its the one thats in office right now.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
So are you saying that our brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers serving in the US military and reserves are mindless drones who will turn their weapons on the US private citizens - their peers, loved ones, relatives, etc... en masse just because they had orders to do so?

Nope, Not buying it. I also don't believe it everyone had a gun in their house there wouldn't be robberies. I believe that if everyone had a gun in their house, robbers would bring bigger guns, worse weapons. I also believe we'd have even more accidental shootings.

On your first point. Do you know the oath that people in the military take?

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

www.history.army.mil...

So yes I do think they would because that is the oath they took. It is all in the wording in which the attack order is given.

Accidents happen because people are not educated. If we spent all the money we spend trying to ban guns and move it to education. I think you would see accidents drop to almost nothing.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Vodo34861]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This may help explain how even ordinary citizens can be "used" to commit atrocities by higher ups! Did we forget the holocaust already?
Most were killed by fellow citizens "working" for the gestapo.
Dont think your country would ever shoot at you?
Dont think your country would ever rip you off? Wow.
Google ruby ridge sometime.
Better read this. It's long but enlightening...

In order to understand the mystery of seemingly blind compliance to authority, there is perhaps no better sample of human nature than the 1961 experiments on “Obedience to Authority,” conducted by Dr. Stanley Milgram, a psychologist at Yale University. His studies were spawned by the recent trial and execution of Adolph Eichmann. The results were posted in Milgram’s “Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View” (1974).

survivalacres.com...-1627

[edit on 18-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
This may help explain how even ordinary citizens can be "used" to commit atrocities by higher ups! Did we forget the holocaust already?
Most we're killed by fellow citizens "working" for the gestapo.
Dont think your country would ever shoot at you?
Dont think your country would ever rip you off? Wow.
Better read this. It's long but interesting...

In order to understand the mystery of seemingly blind compliance to authority, there is perhaps no better sample of human nature than the 1961 experiments on “Obedience to Authority,” conducted by Dr. Stanley Milgram, a psychologist at Yale University. His studies were spawned by the recent trial and execution of Adolph Eichmann. The results were posted in Milgram’s “Obedience to Authority: An Experimental View” (1974).

survivalacres.com...-1627

I would highly recommend that anyone who is not very aware of this study become aware of it and understand what it means for all of us. I am happy that you brought this up! This also goes to the point of would the military attack us.

** EDIT **

sorry I was thinking of a different experiment. but the one listed is very good. The one I was thinking of is the Stanford Prison Experiment

www.prisonexp.org...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Vodo34861]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is the first post I have ever flagged. Good work.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
If a armed solders and his buddies show up at my house and start barking an orders-it would be a suicidal not to comply.I can fire only so many bullets and my family will be gone with me. If there is a life after death - they will (my family) kick the # out of me for cousing their death. If I have a mine field and missile to strike them before they reach the house - I my think about using it.
The missile will have a "sonic boom" and mines will be non-lethal.
Dead man it is a worthless and you will have to clean up the mess, but wounded man can be healed and put to work to rebuild what he intended to destroy.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thank you for that. If we want to bring up labels and invoke fear in ordinary people to acheive a certain goal, why not just bring up terrorism?
Seems to have worked pretty good in the past....

Fear is a very powerfull thing.
People "go along" with the crowd WAY more often than not.

Not much else has the life changing impact that fear does.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

Watch out! I think their is a conspiracy link with that button!

I get pulled into the site deeper everyday.

Get out while you can!

Anyway, Great post OP S & F for you.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Yeah, it's scary how "brainwashed" people are to be law abiding. What I mean by that is that people are over conformative that they don't even question the law anymore. I make an upright and concious choice to be law abiding, as I'm sure many do. But many are scared into being law abiding.... which is where i draw the line.

Propaganda works in many ways and one of the all time favorite outlets for government propoganda is the mainstream news media. A shocker, I know.

It's true though. You'll only ever hear about a gun crime on the news if it involves a white person, first of all. Sickening that news media always go for ratings instead of facts.

Secondly you'll always find that criminals are always portrayed as being indestructible of mind and body. They can look down the barrel of a gun with out fear. They laugh at the law. But when an armed citizen successfully defends himself from a mugger the media is hushed. They cast a poor light on the successfull defender. It's frowned upon to stand up for yourself. Don't want too many people realizing that it's still legal in most states to defend yourself if attacked.

Thirdly, If the gun ban went into effect tomorrow the crime rate in America wouldn't drop one tenth of one percent. IMO, it would probably rise. Inner city crimes run rampant. Even with the gun ban instituted as law those areas would still have their guns, while the law abiding citizens suffer the consequences of being un-armed.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

All I'm trying to say is that if you get on the bus, that takes you to the train, that takes you to the camp where you die, isn't that suicide any way? for you and your family?

I don't believe you understand the severity of the situation my friend.
Ever heard of Warsaw? About 1500 half starved Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto got their hands on around 20-30 german army pistols and a couple boxes of German stick grenades. They were facing off against 12,000 german troops including SS troops and a panzer division.

Those 1500 or so Jews consisted of men and women. The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising lasted 28 days. They held out against direct assaults, artilary and air strikes, as well as tank attacks. That alone should prove to us that a man defending his family from invaders, beit criminal or tyrinical, is worth more than 20 trained soldiers. I know this to be fact.

What we should also take away from Warsaw is that it's always worth fighting. If there is the glimmer of a chance of freedom being restored in a situation as dire as that, wouldn't you take it? If starving and outnumbered you suddenly found arms would you not start the uprising?

I woudn't want historians saying about Americans what they said about the citizens of Babi Yar. We don't go out like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I wonder if the holocaust prisoners wished they wouldn't have been so obedient when they had the chance?
The really scarey part? People we're being carted off right under the citizens noses, yet they STILL would'nt believe it and trusted hitler!
They thought that way because they were scared of terror and(just like us)gave up rights for a false sense of security! Same plan, different players.
History does repeat itself over and over. He who doesn't know is bound to repeat it.
(Must be in the book "How to be a Dictator for Dummies"!)

(stalin, mussolini, napoleon,etc.)
God forbid something like that happen here, but the similarities I see that have been slowly occuring? THAT's whats scarey.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I would call a ban of guns to be just that. Whenever I can't walk into a Walmart, or waltz into a gun show and purchase a gun. When I would be unable to easily purchase a gun on the street, then I would say that we are in fact not easily able to obtain guns.

However, neither of those are the case. Matter of fact, it is even easier for an indivdual to obtain a firearm now, than it was back when I was a kid. I say this, because I see it with my own eyes. There are shootings everyday in my neighborhood, and I don't even consider myself as living in a bad neighborhoods. Guns are everywhere.

I for one would welcome some "eroding" of the 2nd ammendment. Firearms have killed many relatives and serveral friends of mine over the years. We could all do with a few less kooks with guns. Ask the kids at Virginia Tech, or the parents of those who lost their kids at Columbine.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by buttafuqua

Do you think that the guns being used on your streets are registered guns? A gun ban would only hurt law abiding citizens. As it was said before, start to limit my guns when you have figured out a way to remove them from the hands of criminals.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's an example of how they ban our guns without really banning them. They use baby steps.

Illinois Bill Would Require Gun Owners to Buy $1M in Liability Insurance
www.insurancejournal.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Those kooks with guns that you're talking about are one of the reasons that gun control laws should be less restricted.

Criminals get less motivated about comitting crimes when they're looking down the barrel of a gun weilded by the 68 year old lady they just tried to rob.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I appreciate your point of view as everyones here. I must agree it is the person that kills, not the gun.
However, it is the fact they ARE so prevalent that causes alot of the problems. It would be naive to blame it on that alone. It is just more common to settle arguments with guns. Call it the lack of a big bulge, no sense of right and wrong, a death wish or just no brains.
It must be a way to prove manhood for these kids, to "LOOK bad ass", to "stand out". The fact tv, games, & movies makes it honestly seem like poppin a cap in someones a** ain't that big a deal. Basically in the "old days" it was considered wrong. Almost like we think we got several "lives" left and alot more quarters! Just my take. There ARE too many illegal guns and there ARE too many that do not think a thing about poppin caps in people, unfortunately.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join