It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're The Only Life? How Arrogant We Are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I wonder about people who say that we're the only life in the universe, that we're somehow special. I could bring up the Drake equation which guarantees life is seemingly abundant, however i thought i'd take a different approach. The goal of this thread is to show people just how small and negligible we actually are. The second goal is to attempt to show just how many stars and galaxies are out there. When you think that the odds of life are high you're probably right, but when you have billions and billions of stars, well chances are more than one has the right environment for earth type life.

Couple of videos to show people, you may have seen them before. They're pretty short.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Don't you just love that as a solar system we're rather mediocre

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I think people who believe Earth is the only safe harbor for life in the universe are probably indoctrinated by their religion and are not looking beyond the 'good book' through fear of divine reprisals!

Either that or they just don't understand how vast our galaxy and the universe are. Short of those two options, they must be brain dead!

IRM

new topics

join