It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burris Admits to Fundraising Attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What a surprise, more corruption surrounding Obama and his senate seat. Burris finally admits he was fundraising for the seat.

www.washingtonpost.com...

HICAGO, Feb. 17 -- In the latest in a series of shifting accounts of his conduct, Sen. Roland W. Burris (D-Ill.) told reporters that he tried to raise money for then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich at the same time he was asking Blagojevich to appoint him to the Senate

The AP story didn't have a (D) in it. lol.....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kyūzō

This has to be the biggest political shocker in years.

Honestly, who didn't see this coming? This is exactly why I and many others argued that his appointment to the Senate should have been delayed until all of the facts were known and the investigation completed. But no, getting a Democrat into office immediately in hopes of a 60 seat supermajority was obviously more important to some than ensuring that the process was handled honestly and ethically.

The Democratic party and the people of Illinois both deserve this scandal for allowing it to happen in the first place. Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
vor78

OMG a Politician LYING?!? NOO! Say it ain't SO!

Cmon, everyone knew this already. Burris ended up having to play the race card in order to force his way into that seat.

Least he will be able to put this on his crypt right?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Hey, I'm not saying it wasn't obvious. This is just confirmation of what we already knew.

Of course there is no media circus out trying to paint this as a symptom of democrat corruption either.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Kyūzō

So this is more about partisan politics than Buris's perjury?

Just so I am clear on what we are discussing.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
personally i think it would do chicago good if a republican would finally be elected to that seat. years of democratic welfare policies have hurt it greatly

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Or perhaps an independant? Someone HONEST?

WOW, that would be amaizing huh? Someone honest in government?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Swatman

Or perhaps an independant? Someone HONEST?

WOW, that would be amaizing huh? Someone honest in government?

that would never happen. politics 101 in college, the slogan is "honest is not the best policy"

top topics

join