It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clerics urge new jihad over Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Clerics urge new jihad over Gaza

news.bbc.co.uk

"Gaza is a gift," the Saudi religious scholar Mohsen al-Awajy told me. He and other delegates repeatedly referred to the Gaza war as "a victory".

"Gaza," he continued, "gives us power, it solves our differences. We are all now in a unified front against Zionism."

In closed meetings after sessions delegates focussed on the creation of a "third Jihadist front" - the first two being Afghanistan and Iraq. The intensity of the Israeli attack had "awakened all Muslims," Mr Awajy claimed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Mohammed Nazzal, a senior Hamas leader based in Damascus, challenged Arab governments to "open their borders and allow the fighters to come."

Delegates from all over the Middle East, and from Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan and Indonesia applauded as he stabbed the air with a raised finger and declared: "There will be no agreement with Israel... only weapons will bring respect."

Oh good. Just what the world needs: a bunch of religious fanatics claiming their invisible friend told them to do it. Great.

Beginning of WWIII right here, I reckon, folks.

news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No-one's interested that people are stirring up religious hate to declare a holy war? In this day and age? Given the current global climate?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Maybe you should look up the definition of Jihad and Times in which it should be used, your pretty much doing well in stiring things up on this end

then again i am Just a Muslim Muslim Apoligist right?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth

Mohammed Nazzal, a senior Hamas leader based in Damascus, challenged Arab governments to "open their borders and allow the fighters to come."

Delegates from all over the Middle East, and from Somalia, Sudan, Pakistan and Indonesia applauded as he stabbed the air with a raised finger and declared: "There will be no agreement with Israel... only weapons will bring respect."

Oh good. Just what the world needs: a bunch of religious fanatics claiming their invisible friend told them to do it. Great.

Beginning of WWIII right here, I reckon, folks.

news.bbc.co.uk

And this is why we should afford these idiots no sympathy and/or an obligation to restrain Israel in eradicating Hamas once and for all. They use the Gaza conflict as a smoke screen, an excuse if you will. They can re-arm Hamas as much as they like, the fct of the matter is Israel will neutralise them with a justified disproportionate response.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by theblunttruth]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Maybe you should look up the definition of Jihad and Times in which it should be used, your pretty much doing well in stiring things up on this end

then again i am Just a Muslim Muslim Apoligist right?

Oh yes, I'm sure they were all sitting around saying to each other "non-violent spiritual struggle is what we need to save the people of Gaza, you know!" and they all gave a polite clap and agreed that they were agreed on pacifism for the resolution of this issue.

I imagine they had cucumber sandwiches and made polite conversations over the nibbles afterwards.

And yes, but I feel it's probably easy to be an apologist when living in a non-Muslim country. If you were currently subject to ridiculous religious laws, your opinion might be different. Well, if you were a woman, anyway.

new topics

top topics

join