It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DoD FOIA Documents: Here is what U.S. Soldiers are capable of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
In November 2008 several documents were released to the ACLU under the FOIA which described the true nature of the torture that was going on in Cuba, Iraq & Afghanistan as early as 2002.

The documents uncover a horrifying view of what "The good guys" are capable of while properly motivated. This is not a case of a few bad apples, this was a terror policy.

CASE DODDOACID011770-013418

Both detainees were determined to have been killed by blood clots that were dislodged and travelled to their hearts, causing pulmonary embolism. The blood clots, and their subsequent dislodging, were caused by sustained standing chained in place, as well as by sleep deprivation and dozens of beatings
(...)
The torture at BCP takes many forms, including beatings, sleep deprivation, being chained standing to a fixed object for periods exceeding 24 hours, allegations of sexual torture and humiliation, allegations of the use of dogs both to degrade and frighten the detainees, and degradation through the forced performance of emasculating and disgusting tasks, such as the forcing of a detainee to pick plastic bottle caps out of a latrine can filled with feces.

CASE DODDOACID013419-013959

Throughout the night, soldiers forced him to do "physical training": he was made to kneel down and stand up repeatedly, lie down and standup, and hold a box above his head while lying down that he dropped on his face and torso when his arms tired. After training, a soldier constructed a stinkbomb using a Meal Ready to Eat heater, tabasco sauce, and water, and placed it in Dababa's cell. The stinkbomb caused respiratory agitation and coughing.
(...)
That evening, Dababa was found dead lying on the ground in his cell. An autopsy revealed that he died of a closed head injury that caused hemorrhaging within the brain.

CASE DODDOACID013960-014079

The abuse consisted of several methods: 1) filling his jumpsuit with ice, then hosing him down and making him stand for long periods of time, sometimes in front of an air conditioner; 2) forcing him to lay down and drink water until he gagged, vomited or choked, 3) having his head banged against a hot steel plate while hooded and interrogated; 4) being forced to do leg lifts with bags of ice placed on his ankles, and being kicked when he could not do more.

DOD Documents

You can say to me whatever you wish, but it is clear in my mind that these are not isolated incidents, and only the tip of the iceberg. And to those who say (such) violence would never be used against U.S. citizens: think again.

FEMA Camp guards will be hard-core and old school and cannot wait to lay their hands on "certain left wing elements" that pollute their great country.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think you should amend your title to say this is what ANYBODY with the right conditioning is capable of.

The US is not alone in their barbarity.

Propaganda can make anybody into a "bad guy".

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold
I think you should amend your title to say this is what ANYBODY with the right conditioning is capable of.

The US is not alone in their barbarity.

Propaganda can make anybody into a "bad guy".

You are very right.... Hence the FEMA remark.

Guantanamo may be closed, but Egypt is not.
Scary isn't it?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
There was a study conducted in the 70's where students were split into detainees and guards. There were mock-up cells, bars, uniforms, the works.
It took only a few days before psychotic behavior was being seen in the guards.

They had to end the experiment, and those who'd taken part were left quite traumatized.

And these were regular college students. They all went in there as equals having not committed any crimes and knowing that this was a psychology experiment.

It shows that most Humans have the capacity to become evil very quickly, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Give it a few years and all these supposed "soldiers" (read: evil torturing scum) will be in a court defending their actions while those who ordered them to do it are ordering others to do the same in another theater.

And yet, still, the American people are doing nothing about the criminal they had leading their country.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
There was a study conducted in the 70's where students were split into detainees and guards. There were mock-up cells, bars, uniforms, the works.
It took only a few days before psychotic behavior was being seen in the guards.

Yes, I heard of that one. Standard reference material for sociopathic studies and interesting reading material for sure.

And yet, still, the American people are doing nothing about the criminal they had leading their country.

They are trying my friend...

I have just opened a thread on Bob Alexander, one who is trying very hard.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope it gets through.

Thanks for the reply

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
Guantanamo may be closed, but Egypt is not.

No it isn't, it is still very much open. And, as was pointed out, anyone is capable of torture under the right circumstances. Personally I think that's one of the worst things you could do to somebody and I am not even slightly convinced that it works. However, I'm sure under the right circumstances even I would be capable of doing it.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Why are you surprised? This is how military units all over the world have always operated though it is pretty mild compared to others from Asia which seems to be the reigning seat of human cruelty.
One of the favorite ways to get suspected Nazis and collaborators after WW II to verify their identities was by crushing their testicles.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If you think this was bad and that the Egyptians are bad look at the Algerians. The DRS are masters at this kind of stuff.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hate how the U.S. always ends up looking like the bad guy just because our government RELEASES things like this, and doesn't just keep them locked away from their people.

I wouldn't trust our government, but I trust European and Asian governments even less.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

"U.S. Soldiers"?

If you have the Ballz and the Brains, by all means, go after the actual people that have done wrong.
But, first, make sure that the people that the "victims" are, in fact innocent of attempting to harm, or aiding in the harm of U.S. Soldiers and Civilians.

If you are unable to isolate the individuals in the U.S. Military that are actually guilty of these crimes, and, instead, choose to attack "U.S. Soldiers" in general, it is you who are guilty of idiocy, unwarranted bias and guilty of being easily swayed by the anti-American sentiment that keeps depicting us all as the reason for all the world's troubles.

top topics

join