It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Digital TV** Is Spying On You **Video**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

"I have a friend who is kind of a conspiracy theorist. He was trying to convince me that the many of the digital TV convert boxes that our coming out have microphones and cameras built into them. Knowing a bit about electronics I bought one of these devices opened it up fully intending on proving him wrong. To my surprise was right. This device has both a miniature camera lens and what looks like a microphone."

Source Info Wars

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Good lord... He's clearly taken a cheap lens out of a web cam and glued it to the power supply's transformer.

If that were a real camera, it would melt away from the heat of the transformer. There's no data cable either.

Amusing nevertheless.

Set top boxes receive only - massive infrastructure would be needed to monitor hundreds of millions of cameras all at once.

What would they see anyway? Big Hungry Joe scratching his jewels and drinking beer while watching the football.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Lol, exactly, and it's behind IR cover glass as well, very little visible light goes through it, even it it was a working web-cam, those are so cheap and noisy, that image would be unusable...

HOAX in my opinion

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I have to say I know a little bit about electronics and I haven't ever seen a three pronged Microphone before, at least not one that you attacked directly to the PC board.

That is an awfully weird looking Camera too.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hey, how about a stereo mike (3 prongs) ?

Could be useful to the government to actually locate where sound comes from

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
There are 3 prong microphones, the 3rd lead is a bias voltage lead, the other two, one being ground and the other audio+.

But as an engineer, degreed, and involved in the broadcast industry for 20 years, that board in that converter box doesnt even have any circuitry for transmitting squat!

And the power transformer would be a bit larger as well. Transmitting requires more power than to receive.

100 percent pure fear monger hoaxer.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You know that Roomba robot vacuums also gather our skin cells and report back to the government...I believe it is a SkyNet database. The electric eyes on automated toilets do full body scans while you stand and perform...reports to an underground base in Colorado. Florists are undercover agents sent forth by the Pope...don't trust them!

More on aglets later...

[edit on 18-2-2009 by daddymax]

new topics

top topics

join