It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Sea Scrolls and the Modern Bible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Isnt the Dead Sea scrolls still undetermined to be real or not yet?...

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The text found in the DSS matches either the Masoretic OR the Septuagint. The majority matches the masoretic from what I understand. However, there are parts where it matches the LXX such as in jeremiah, Psalm 151, and the Apocraphya books. Basically, all one can conclude is that both manuscripts are represented in the DSS. However, which one is right? If you take the MSS then why isn't psalm 151 and the other material in there. If you take the LXX as "sacred" then theres parts not represented in it. So yes, words, verses, and chapters have been changed. Maybe not a great deal of change but a change nevertheless. I suspect that if one found an older manuscript then the changes would be even greater.
As far as the 50yrs that took place before translating, that doesn't sit well with me. The powers to be could have stuck there noses in it also. There are some scrolls that haven't even been translated yet

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
I thought this was interesting. I was comparing translations of the Dead Sea Scrolls with a modern translation of the bible. Finding that apart from differences in grammatical structure which is at the translator�s discretion, the Dead Sea Scrolls are identical to the modern bible translations. This shows that the manuscripts used for our modern translations have not been re-written, tampered or �mutilated� over the years as many like to claim.

Well, you're speaking about the portion of the Bible which is called the Tanakh, the Jewish Old Testament. Well, they couldn't change these books, simply because they were already all over the world thanks to the Jews and the Greek etc. The Diaspora etc. Well, the fact that they haven't been able to find as much as a single referance to any of the modern gospels etc. is quite telling. When we are talking about corruption of the Christian Bible, we are mostly talking about the New Testament and the scriptures it's containing. Not a single referance, and these were the guys they believe John the Baptist and Jesus Christ belonged to. Go figure.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well there was this researcher who claimed to have found a fragment of the Matthew Gospel I think it was, among but his claims are baseless. We're talking about a couple of letters in a row written on some fragment measuing a couple of inches.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If you have not yet already, try a good read
''Holy Blood, Holy Grail''

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Not much referances to the Dead Sea scrolls there is it? You're refreing to the general apocrypha. In some of the apocrypha Jesjuah is described as being two meters tall.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix
Isnt the Dead Sea scrolls still undetermined to be real or not yet?...

Oh no. They were authenticated. They are for real.

What they are *not* is the complete anything from the Bible. Some are books of the Bible, some are other material.

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Among other things they used a solar calendar of 364 days a year. They followed strict rules in their community, and they kept several uniqu prophecies. Among the most controversial books found was a scroll often just refered to as the War Scroll. It's complete name is something like "The war between the sons of darkness and the sons of light". These guys who kept this library, were naturally representatives for the Children of Light. While the others were the Children of Belial. Pretty hefty stuff. I have only read portions of it, the rest I have from third hand sources (counting translation second hand). I have heared that in their prophecy it is Michael who destroys Babylon. But it's unclear if they refer to Babylon as the very Babylon, Iraq, or like in the Book of Revelation, a metaphor for something else.

ME

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

When we are talking about corruption of the Christian Bible, we are mostly talking about the New Testament and the scriptures it's containing. Not a single referance, and these were the guys they believe John the Baptist and Jesus Christ belonged to. Go figure.

I think it is strange that the canon was put together by the Catholic Church, but their seems to be a lack of original text. It was also odd to learn that the very members were not allowed to own a copy for themselves.

Another strange fact is the Catholic Church once taught their religion useing the writtings of Enoch.

IMO, the RCC is hidding the truth of religion!

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are people who believe that the Dead Sea Scrolls is infact the Beast coming up from the Earth, with Lamb features, but a dragon's voice. The War Scroll seems to suggest that Arch Michael is the Beast, since it supposedly says that it was him who destroyed Babylon. I haven't been able to study this scroll myself, since people want money for it. Anyone demanding money for prophetic words should be judged.

[Edited on 8-5-2004 by Camelop�rdalis]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hmmm. To say that it was the Catholic Church who collected the canon of the New Testament is infact a far shot. It may have been the Catholic bishops who finally voted for the canon, but they were not allowed to vote until C�sar allowed them to. It was C�sar who was leading the council the Catholic bishops were attending. And if you can believe it, this was also the reason they later adapted the name Church in the first place. "Church" which they say traces it's origin etymology back to the Greek word Kyriakos, which means "Of the Lord". In Latin however the closest would be Curia the way I see it. The Curia today, is the central governing court of the Roman Catholic Church. The Curia at the time of Jesjuah, however, was the Roman C�sarian Senate. Go figure.

There are things in life I can't understand. That is: "How on Earth did that guy manage to get ketchup between the two fused glasses in my friend's window after that party?", "How on Earth did Houdini manage to get out of that casket?" and "Why on Earth can't people see that the Roman Catholic Church is the bitch of the Antichrist, lead by the False Prophet, ruling their one world government, like the C�sars did, under an image of Satan?"

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Many people argue that the words, verses, chapters and books have been deceptively and purposely changed by means of the translation to modern languages to advance a subversive agenda.

Well, not quite. For you see. When you translate stuff, you can do many things. For instance names of people have meanings, they are like words, especially in Hebrew and Aramaic and Biblical Greek to mention a few. Take the words of John in one of his letters:

Grace, mercy and peace will be with us, from God, the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Well we know that the name Mosjeh or Moses means Son, the meaning it has been given in the Tanakh is not true. His name does not mean "Taken Up From The Water". It's an old Egyptian name and it means Son. We also know that Abraham means "Father" or even "The Father of Many". Using this key to seek to backwards engeneering the following translated-from-Greek English sentance, back to the original Aramaic, it may sound:

Jesjuah will stay with us, [being] from God, Abraham and from Salvation, the Messiah, the Mosjeh of Abraham, in truth and love.

Even if we don't know the original Aramaic texts, it wouldn't be impossible to backwards engeneering them. I'm not an expert in the field, I only see the possibilities, I don't have the actual knowledge needed to do it. The above example may or may not be the correct translation, we'll never know, until the texts start being uncovered. Ther must have been some mss saved. Atleast Satan has one I guess.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSoze
As far as the 50yrs that took place before translating, that doesn't sit well with me. The powers to be could have stuck there noses in it also. There are some scrolls that haven't even been translated yet

Yes, good post with much interresting info there. I find it extremely sad that these texts aren't available for free download. Or atleast that they would be available free to read for anyone interrested or called to study them. If they had made the mss available in transcripts, they could have been resolved before we knew it. But some powers obviously want to hide something here. Yes, I am suggesting that these texts are being held under lid by someone who has falseness in their hearts. They will possibly treat these texts like the early Christian texts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join