It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MALDEF Wins $70k for Trespassing Illegal Aliens Against Rancher

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If it were true that you could shoot any one walking on your property legally, I think we would invite our enemies over every Sunday just to put them out of their misery.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Sounds like you have issues .

You have made excuses for the criminals and you villify the actual victim.

If the tables were turned and it was Americans invading Mexico, they would just shoot the tresspassers and bury them in a convenient spot. Nobody would care.
If it is a white guy protecting his home then suddenly its because "he hates Mexicans". Yeah, great. Once again it comes down to the white people are evil routine.

It is people like you that enable the perpetuation of wholesale crime by putting the victims on trial and holding the criminals up on a pedestal as paragons of virtue and having no fault in the matter.

Would you feel better when one or two of the 12000 + FELONS that trespass on his property , vandalize his home and break into his house
finally decide to do some murdering? Illegals are sometimes known to kill American Citizens for a little money or food, and at a rate of 12000+ on his land the chances are pretty high.

How about you have them over as guests in your home? Then you can be morally superior and do nothing when the day comes and a member of your family gets to be the victim of a faceless nameless criminal who will never even be sought by the law because the rule is that they have more rights than a citizen who is born here.
Will that make you feel better about these evil Americans who are trying to protect their homes?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well now more incentives to come to America illegally as the American judiciary system will make you rich at the expenses of hard working Americans!!!!!!!.

I hope that is people out there with enough guts to start camping in front of the judge house and each of the jury that awarded this money to the illegals in protesting.

Now they can go back to Mexico rich to tell their friend how to make easy money.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

It's not as black and white as all of that though, this is a pretty murky subject because illegal immigration is such a huge problem here in Arizona, and in other states sharing a border with Mexico. I have nothing against Mexicans by the way, and I resent that statement, as I have plenty of Mexican and latino friends. The simple fact of the matter is this, that our federal government obviously has no intention of really stemming the tide of illegal immigration in this country, and until something is really done to fix this whole situation, we're going to be hearing about more and more of these kinds of confrontations. SOMEONE has to do something....or would you rather the farmer just let these people litter all over his property(as they have been), steal his water, and who knows what else....possibly make off with one of his vehicles? He has to protect himself and his property somehow.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
""I bet rancher GUN toter will stop grabbing women off the streets and holding them, as long as he wants...it is kidnapping and must stop. I am glad this happened.""

Truely, you jest!!!

Everyone has a right to their opinions, so, I'm going to give you mine.

How many "illegals" have you personally interacted with??? For the record, I have been around quite a few at one point in my life that crossed the border thru my back yard. Males/Females...in fear for their livelyhoods will do anything to stay here and work and insure their "safe" passage, sometimes carry weapons of their own, you never can be sure.

One just doesn't know, so when protecting one's property, as an American Citizen, WE have every right to hold at gun point those committing a crime of trespass. If these women would have gone through proper channels to come to the States to become naturalized citizens, paid their taxes and made a contribution to society as many before them have....there would be no need for anything that happened.

I say that as long as we have to deal with illegals crossing we have every right to hold them for the authorities, if they are trespassing, so they can be sent home to their own countries to be taken care of.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Is interesting to see for whom our nation is working now.

Our government is whoring in one side to private interest, while plundering and raping the tax payer to save the wealthiest at the expenses of the dying middle class.

Then comes around and rape and plunder the hard working American tax payer in order to whore once again to favor others that are no even citizens and that are after all committing crimes when trespassing in American soil and against the law.

The same laws that an America have not right to brake but every body else none American can is coming back to bite American citizens in the arse.

Our nations government truly has reached bottom line against its own citizens.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think we can be sure of one thing... these persons will not be seen again, until they blow through the $70K.

The US should just offer a few grand to anyone at our borders, just to deter their crossing?

On the other hand, I suggest a bounty for each illegal alien immigrant, double for pregnant ones.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is actually a win for the rancher considering the immigrants were suing for millions. The rancher was also found not guilty on the most serious charges. You people need to read before you comment.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The rancher should have killed them and buried them in the desert. It would have saved him some time and money. I have no sympathy for illegals when they can buy a crossing card for 6 dollars.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
maybe from now on he should post a No Trespassing sign and then be entitled to blow their heads off when they cross on to his property

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Barnett has turned more than 12,000 illegal aliens over to local law enforcement and the ICE/Border Patrol since 1998.

12,000 in ten years?. That's more than 3 a day!! I've read that figure in other articles so i doubt it's a typo but i can't believe it either.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86

Trespassing is NOT a crime!! It is a misdemeanor

You don't know the law. Lots of people are sent to prison for misdemeanors. Misdemeanors are very much crimes.

Perhaps you meant to say infraction. That's the crime category under misdemeanor. An infraction is an offense for which the penalty is a fine only. Felonies and misdemeanors can both be punished with prison time.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

The guy was practically hunting them for sport. He's a sick #er.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
This is actually a win for the rancher considering the immigrants were suing for millions. The rancher was also found not guilty on the most serious charges. You people need to read before you comment.

I thought the same thing. And i bet this $70,000 is reduced on appeal. Anyway, it will be years before these illegals see any of the money. When they realize that, they'll agree to an out-of-court settlement for probably athousand bucks.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Sorry, you are dead wrong. you CANNOT use deadly force to ' protect' your property from trespassers. No way. Also, to compare burglary to trepassing is silly. Calling it a lesser included offense means NOTHING....burglary is a FELONY, and trespassing is NOT.

No, you are. Texas Penal Code.
tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us...

It's sad and embarassing when ATS allows people to pretend loudly that they know something they don't.

And Trespassing IS a lesser-included. Since you know the law so well you know where these statutes lie and of the cases construing them.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

And Trespassing IS a lesser-included. Since you know the law so well you know where these statutes lie and of the cases construing them.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

A man who advocates using deadly force to stop people from walking across his lawn is professing that others 'deny ignorance'.

Now I've read it all.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

NONSENSE!! you know NOTHING about the law! hOW CAN YOU ' PRESUME' danger from a trespasser? huh? of course you cannot answer that. just because some person is walking on your property, you CANNOT legally assume that they present you with some danger....that is nonsense.

NO STATE in this nation allows anyone else to threaten others with a gun( threat of deadly force) because they crossed a line. Ridiculous.

Why do you repeat yourself?
Is it that the more you say it the more true it must be?

ATS does not pay me to educate , but if you didn't see above, try this:

Texas Penal Code

tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us...

I would ask whatever law school you went to for a refund.

Also, leave your house and cars unlocked, and keep your money and valuables on the porch. You're safe.
Kids, too. They're OK.

And, if anyone comes over to see all that stuff, tell 'em to stop, then you walk away.

Deny Ignorance.

jw

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellish-D

A man who advocates using deadly force to stop people from walking across his lawn is professing that others 'deny ignorance'.

Now I've read it all.

I did not "advocate" anything. You didn't "read" anything of the sort.

I state a fact.

Leave your car, doors and windows open. Put your valuables and family on the porch.

Anybody comes by to sample, just tell them "no," then you go back inside.

Sweet dreams.

I will always Deny Ignorance.

jw

[edit on 18-2-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I just think the rancher should sue the government for failing to protect his family. And i would also sue to have a fence built on my property to prevent border crossing since it is his right to expect protection under the law. I think he could get far more than 70000

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

I can not agree with you more, obviously we have a government that has failed miserable protecting the borders of this nation because in their corrupted corporate greed they are here to protect their own interest with disregard of what the lawful citizens of this nation wants.

I think that the time for peaceful request is over in this nation is time for every citizens to enforce their constitutional rights given to them by the founder fathers and take matters into their own hands.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join