It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MALDEF Wins $70k for Trespassing Illegal Aliens Against Rancher

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This Country is Nuts!
Jury Awards Illegal Aliens $70k for Detaining Them On Ranch!

www.reuters.com...

An Federal jury in Arizona awarded four illegal alien women $70,000 in damages after a rancher to have committed assault when he held them at gun point for authorities. He was acquitted of “Civil Rights” violations and battery allegations.

The women were part of a group rancher Richard Barnett had caught crossing his border ranch. Barnett has turned more than 12,000 illegal aliens over to local law enforcement and the ICE/Border Patrol since 1998.

All of the illegal aliens were represented by the non-profit, government supported Mexican American Legal Defense Fund. One of the aliens, Rene Rodriguez, has been identified as a convicted drug trafficker deported in 2003, whose re-entry was itself a new felony!

This system sucks.

Fix It!

THIS PLAN WILL WORK: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Related story posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Deny Ignorance!

jw

[edit on 18-2-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Drug Cartels are forcing border closings now!

See this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What the f__k? This really can't be serious.. I'm at a total loss for words.. way to go American Justice system..

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

The judge and the entire jury should be tried for treason.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This is unbelievable. The original post of this story in another thread really made me angry.
The justice system in this country is a crying shame. Those illegal bastards were lucky they weren't shot and killed, and they get awarded a lawsuit for being detained???? And one was known to be a drug trafficker??? The judge, jury and MALDEF are as stupid as those Mexicans. They all deserve to be fed to wolves.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
DAMN this is messed up. It says the rancher comitted assualt? If this si true, im just saying, his job wa to hold them until immigration takes them, not beat them, talk to them or touch them, while in custody. Only reason he should have to touch them, is the handcuff them to the toilet or metal rails. Theirs a reason why...so yuo dont get sued! This is america now, you WILL go to prison, for defending your life. Someone breaks in yuor jhome, and their wa assault, the judge is going to wanna know who threw the fist punch...end of story at that point.
But this is alarming. I think emails shouold be sent to government, or state officals invovled at higher order, and make remarks like.. this is why NO ONE likes you, in fact, im voting you outta office next time jerk..
its not some cheezy anger talk, the point, is to get a message across, providing they have enough brain depth to comprehend
NO MORE, be an american, not a sell out.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Reply to post by Rockpuck
Jurors are idiots generally, but there's no excuse for the Judge.

It's going up on appeal, but I think AZ is in the same Circuit as CA, and they're Nuts. That's the Court that gives the Pledge of Allegiance a hard time.

It gets crazier every day.

jw

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
This is america now, you WILL go to prison, for defending your life.

What's sick is that this guy did it because they have broken into his house, killed his cattle, vandalized and stolen!

I thought officials had to swear to protect and defend the AMERICAN constitution, not Mexico's?

jw

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There are places in this country where the immigrants have reached critical mass and now control the governments and make up the majorities or significant minorities of the jury pools. Our corrupt government has let this happen, the Democrats to create more votes for themselves, the Republicans to undercut the American worker, both parties caring more about their own power than about saving the U.S.A.

It is now too late. Those who respect this "Anglo" culture are not breeding fast enough to replace the traditional population while those who are not part of the culture are multiplying rapidly. It is not politically correct to talk about this, but we all know it is the truth. I suggest learning to speak Spanish.

Look at the bright side. If we lived in France, we would be learning how to pray to Mecca.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Guys, there IS another side to this story: it is NOT legal to point guns at unarmed women and detain them just because they happen to cross your land. The man kidnapped, in essence, the women..he had NO right to use guns on them...he had no right to detain them.

WHY would he detain them? He is NOT a cop...he has NO police powers to detain...it is like if some lady happened to walk across your lawn and you go crazy and grab guns and hold the woman there as long as you like...it is not legal.

What is the rancher made them wait a few days before he called the cops...who is responsible for making sure that he acts right? Who decides how long the rancher can hold people? It is NOT legal to ' arrest' someone for merely trepassing!! Trespassing is NOT a crime!! It is a misdemeanor and no citizen has the right to use guns and detention on anyone just for trespassing!!

THAT is the story here: Too much force. The women were just walking...and happened to cross this guys land...so right away he becomes SUPER COP...and grabs hios guns and threatens the WOMEN with DEADLY force for trespassing....that is why he is paying.

People cannot just grab guns and hold human beings hostage for cops just because they cross a property line. The failure is in the system...until we fix the problems that cause millions opf Mexicans and others to flock here, it will happen.

I bet rancher GUN toter will stop grabbing women off the streets and holding them, as long as he wants...it is kidnapping and must stop. I am glad this happened.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
There are places in this country where the immigrants have reached critical mass and now control the governments and make up the majorities or significant minorities of the jury pools.
It is now too late. I suggest learning to speak Spanish.

Look at the bright side. If we lived in France, we would be learning how to pray to Mecca.

I was raisded in San Antonio, TX and the pop. their has been 50+% Hispanic for over 30 years, if not longer.

You practically must learn Spanish or 1/2 of the city is effectively unavailable to you.

They are "bleeding heart" jurors and let criminals go or get off light all the time. Amen to "Too Late!"

Praise Allah, Mi Amigo.

jw

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
Guys, there IS another side to this story: it is NOT legal to point guns at unarmed women and detain them just because they happen to cross your land. The man kidnapped, in essence, the women..he had NO right to use guns on them...he had no right to detain them.

It is NOT legal to ' arrest' someone for merely trepassing!! Trespassing is NOT a crime!! It is a misdemeanor and no citizen has the right to use guns and detention on anyone just for trespassing!!

Great. Remember that when the burglars come over; they are technically "trespassing" too (it's a lesser included offense of burglary).

I don't know where you live, but where I come from, I can use deadly force to protect my family, home and property.

This man's been victimized for years just because of where he lives.

What if the new route for illegals comes through your neighborhood? Buy lots of stuff to give them, they'll be tired, hungry, thirsty, and may even need a car or two.

How sad.

jw

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Sorry, you are dead wrong. you CANNOT use deadly force to ' protect' your property from trespassers. No way. Also, to compare burglary to trepassing is silly. Calling it a lesser included offense means NOTHING....burglary is a FELONY, and trespassing is NOT.

you cannot grab a gun and assault and detain people because they cross your property line...try it ad YOU will end up in jail, as well you should.

this rancher was a hot dogging cop wannabe who gets his jollies from waving his assault rifles around and threatening people with force. Shame on him. I hope that the money he lost in the lawsuit will teach him to put his guns away and leave trespassers alone. If the cops cannot respond in time, then they go their way. If they do, then they can be charged with an appropriate offense.

Taking the law into your own hands is dangerous. it is never a good thing to do. this rancher spent so much time chasing Mexicans that he no doubt neglected his duties on his ranch....why doesn't he just apply for a badge so he can show his hate for Mexicans officially?

TRESPASSERS are NOT fair game for guns or detention. it is a minor mis demeanor, not a felony, and to use dealy force, or the threat of it, is stupid and too much. I would never grab a gun and kidnap women because they happened to cross my property line...but this rancher did, and now he must pay for his gung ho cowboy/cop attitude.

If I was ever being held by some civilian at gunpoint for a minor offense like trespassing, a lawsuit would be the least of his worries...guaranteed.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yes, you are allowed to protect your own property and family. It's not called using deadly force when you don't actually use any force LOL.

So what's next - he'll put up barbed wire fences and the illegals will sue because of injuries sustained while breaking an entering?

Get a grip he should get a border patrol plaque and a pat on the back.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It depends on the state where you live. In my state, if you are trespassing, I can defend myself under the presumption of a threat from you, and for you to pursue legal action against me would require extreme circumstances or extremely outrageous behavior on my part.

The real issue here is why our government has not protected our borders. Apparently, B2 bombers and such are flown at our expense in order to protect Exxon, while no one gives a damn about the "Homeland." In effect, our national defense is a joke.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Yes, you are allowed to protect your own property and family. It's not called using deadly force when you don't actually use any force LOL.

So what's next - he'll put up barbed wire fences and the illegals will sue because of injuries sustained while breaking an entering?

Get a grip he should get a border patrol plaque and a pat on the back.

THIS. Seriously, the guy shouldn't have to deal with illegal immigrants on his property, some of which has been DAMAGED because of the illegals. I would be doing the same thing. If he's not stretching the truth, he has literally busted hundreds of illegals coming over via his property, and he DOES deserve a plaque, or at least cut the guy a check for being honorary border patrol. A LOT of the people coming over here illegally are involved in drug trafficking and the like, most of these people are not harmless Mexicans looking to make it big in the US of A....just moving their product.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grumble
It depends on the state where you live. In my state, if you are trespassing, I can defend myself under the presumption of a threat from you, and for you to pursue legal action against me would require extreme circumstances or extremely outrageous behavior on my part.

The real issue here is why our government has not protected our borders. Apparently, B2 bombers and such are flown at our expense in order to protect Exxon, while no one gives a damn about the "Homeland." In effect, our national defense is a joke.

All that cheap labor....what would some of these big produce companies do without that dirt-cheap manual labor available?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If terrorist have rights I don't see why illegal immigrants shouldn't have rights.

"Habeas corpus ... is the foundation of Anglo-American law, which says very simply, if the government grabs you, then you have the right to at least ask, 'Why was I grabbed?' and say, 'Maybe, you've got the wrong person.'

"The reason we have that safeguard is we don't always have the right person. We don't always catch the right person.

"We may think this is Muhammad the terrorist. It might be Muhammad the cab driver. You may think it's Barack the bomb-thrower. But it might be Barack, the guy running for president."

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
NONSENSE!! you know NOTHING about the law! hOW CAN YOU ' PRESUME' danger from a trespasser? huh? of course you cannot answer that. just because some person is walking on your property, you CANNOT legally assume that they present you with some danger....that is nonsense.

NO STATE in this nation allows anyone else to threaten others with a gun( threat of deadly force) because they crossed a line. Ridiculous.

Just try pointing a gun at some trespasser and see what happens; you will be charged for the gun, and should be. you cannotuse guns and detention for trespassers that are not doing anything else. You lose this one. you cannot defend the threat of deadly force, which is what happens when you show a gun, for nothing more than trespassing.

Call your local cops: Ask them if you can point a gun at someone for merely walkin g across your land....ask them if you can detain them....they will tell you NO!! Hell NO!! YOU will be the one charged, and you will be the one convicted, as you should.

NONE of you gun loving Mexican haters can show mw ONE example of a state law that allows the use or threat of deadly force by a civilian for trespassing...it does not exist. Trespassing by itsef is NOT a crime....it is a minor offense that cannot be used as an excuse for gun happy nuts to go crazy.

I hope you try a show a gun the next time someone crosses your lawn:It will serve you right to go to jail.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
If terrorist have rights I don't see why illegal immigrants shouldn't have rights.

"Habeas corpus ... is the foundation of Anglo-American law, which says very simply, if the government grabs you, then you have the right to at least ask, 'Why was I grabbed?' and say, 'Maybe, you've got the wrong person.'

"The reason we have that safeguard is we don't always have the right person. We don't always catch the right person.

"We may think this is Muhammad the terrorist. It might be Muhammad the cab driver. You may think it's Barack the bomb-thrower. But it might be Barack, the guy running for president."

www.usatoday.com...

Yes, they have rights as should any other human being on this planet. However, trespassing is against the law and if he wanted to hold them there until the authorities arrived, I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. Now if he was whacking the crap out of them with his rifle as they sat there in terror, that would not be within his rights. Unfortunately we don't have the facts available to know whether the illegals in question were trying to put up a fight, or even to flee for that matter. Every U.S. citizen is well within his rights to place others under citizens arrest if a law has been broken, you've got to keep that in mind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join