It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the Texas Fireball UFO seen on February 15, 2009?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Did anyone witness the Texas Fireball just a few days ago on February 15, 2009? StratCom has ruled out satellite debris, and there is no physical evidence, crater, meteorite or otherwise to prove that it was a falling meteor. So it is still being investigated as a UFO. It was a huge, fiery object seen over a 250 mile radius in broad daylight! The object in this video is over 100 miles away:
www.youtube.com...

In fact, a lab did a spectral analysis on the video shot here in Austin by Eddie Garcia. It determined the object’s composition to be chromium, steel, magnesium, titanium and other rare earth metals, and that it was artificial based on density, trajectory and rotational analysis. It was about 5 to 10 meters in length and cylindrical or oblong.

I used Google Earth and triangulated the flight path based on 12 different eyewitness observations with GPS coordinates, eyewitnesses across a 250 mile radius from Denton down to San Marcos, Austin and Houston. Many of the reports can be found here:
blogs.discovermagazine.com...
From their positions I determined it was traveling East to West in an area northeast of Waco and came down near Leroy. Bear in mind that Leroy is only 75 miles east of the Stephenville UFOs sighted just a month ago.

Now, US Strategic Command stated that the object was not debris from the Russian satellite collision. And if it was a meteor, why did NASA confiscate the Eddie Garcia video just to analyze a meteor? And why no media updates on the debris collected from the supposed meteorite? Two days later and reports say they have found nothing. What little media coverage you’ll find on the Texas Fireball has brushed it off as a meteor although no concrete evidence of this has been found! And if you google Texas Fireball UFO, you will get 2 pages of articles stating: “FAA says Texas Fireball was Meteor, Not a UFO” (Associated Press), “Texas Fireball Identified as Meteor, Not a UFO” (KBMT 12 News and KPRC Houston) and “Texas Fireball likely a Meteor, Not a UFO” (KXAN Austin), repeatedly emphasizing with identical language “Not a UFO” and rather unconvincingly I might add.

If anyone has sighted the Feb 15 Texas Fireball, please post your GPS coordinates or city location, and any relevant information on the object’s position and flight path. We are still trying to narrow down where the object landed using a few more vectors. Thanks for your help.

~banthamobile

[edit on 18-2-2009 by banthamobile]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
and alas...

Yet another thread of this story... FFS

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ok Ive clarified this on many of the multiple threads on this subject.

it was a meteor. Apparently the size of a pick up truck.

Here are a few articles I found by using google.

news.yahoo.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.physorg.com...
www.space.com...

Those are just a very few of the many articles about the meteor that you can find if you google "Texas fire ball" "texas Meteor" or any variations of that you can think of.

read and learn my good friend. it was not a Ufo as some have suggested it wasnt even a part of the sattelites that crashed. It was a meteor.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3
and alas...

Yet another thread of this story... FFS

With all due respect that kind of response really isnt appropriate.

It is off topic and very well could be taken as a personal attack.

Please try to respect the T&C. If you feel you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all.

I know the last thing you want to do is derail or troll a thread but be carefull because posts like that tend to do just that.

Peace and love my friend.

Now back on topic

Peace and love

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
It is out of respect for T&C that I get annoyed with five/six different threads on the same issue.

People who dont read/search for existing threads before posting the same article.

I know my response was unbecoming, but I am not the only one who is getting pissed off here about multiples. I feel that Mods &SMods should look into this more seriously now.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
After reading through the articles posted by gimme some truth, I will have go with banthamobiles conclusions, so far.

From what I've understood, this object has not been localized yet. When that happens, if it happens, we can say whether it was a meteor or not. Until then, it stays an Unidentified Flying Object.

The articles use words like "likely" or "possible" meteor, not "it was" a meteor. The journalists probably just placed a call to the NASA or FFA, where someone said "oh, that was probably just a meteor".

The space.com article mentions that the object caused sonic booms. I'm by no means an expert on identified or unidentified flying objects, but I've seen and heard jets brake the sound barrier, and the object in the video seems to go slower than mach 1, but I could be wrong on that one.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I saw a snippet of it on the news and did my own research no way was I going to wait until 10pm to see some bogus story. I found that a lot of space junk is ending up in Texas from space.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by banthamobile

what are the actual coordinates you calculated? Thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

what are the actual coordinates you calculated? Thank you.

Here are most of the coordinates I used to calculate its position. However, we need more eyewitness reports that are East or Southeast of Waco to get a better triangulation of where it landed exactly. Currently, only a zone around Leroy/Penelope/Hubbard has been determined.

Location: (San Marcos) 29 deg 53′14.44″ N and 97 deg 57′32.00″ W
29 53 14.44 N, 97 57 32.00 W
Direction/Angle of Fireball: NE of us, and was travelling in a NNE direction

30 18 59.71 N, 97 43 44.61 W
Direction/Angle of Fireball: facing northwest (actually facing NNE from photo)

Direction/Angle of Fireball: southern sky, slightly west, and falling east to west

32 46 24.84 N, 96 64 35.07 W
Direction/Angle of Fireball: observed it falling south to southwest of my location

Location: (North of Dallas) 33 deg 6′6.3″ N and 96 deg 40′59.7″W
33 6 6.3 N, 96 40 59.7 W
Direction/Angle of Fireball: fireball was south and slightly west in the sky and came down at maybe a little sharper than a 45 degree angle

Texas Fireball Sighting 6 Denton
Location: (Denton,TX) intersection of Olympia Dr. & Windsor facing roughly south
Direction/Angle of Fireball: it seemed to be directly centered in front of me

Direction/Angle of Fireball: I would favor slightly west of the N-S line passing through Waco rather than slightly east

Texas Fireball Sighting 7 Plano
Location: driving south on Custer Road in Plano, TX, about a quarter mile north of Hedgecoxe
Direction/Angle of Fireball: It came in in front of me, to the SSW, at an angle flatter than 45 degrees, from the east (Maybe it came down around Waco)

Texas Fireball Sighting 8
Location: traveling north on I-45, I was 20 miles south of Centerville, TX
Direction/Angle of Fireball: then in front of me above the tree line I saw a shiny, shiny bright object that to me was the shape of the wing of an airplane

Texas Fireball Sighting 9 Cedar Park
Location: (Cedar Park, TX) traveling Northeast on Cypress Creek Blvd nearing the intersection with Lakeline Blvd, at latitude 30.4809, longitude -97.8325
30.4809, -97.8325
Direction/Angle of Fireball: streak across the sky from right to left in the NW direction

Texas Fireball Sighting 10 Killeen
Direction/Angle of Fireball: above Ft Hood Rd traveling North
Destination: burned out over highway 190/Jasper Rd

Texas Fireball Sighting 11 Bell County
Location: travelling NW on FM 485 on the Bell/Milam County line
Direction/Angle of Fireball: object streaked from the NE in a NNE trajectory

Texas Fireball Sighting 12 Austin
Direction/Angle of Fireball: object was nearly due north travelling quickly on an east to west trajectory. It was maybe 30deg from the horizon and was coming down at something like 20deg angle

Texas Fireball Sighting 12 Georgetown
Direction/Angle of Fireball: persistent cloud created by the hyperbolic shaped, metallic object… centered over Waco

Texas Fireball Explosion 13 Hallsburg
Direction/Angle of Fireball: We live in Hallsburg and the noise shook the whole house,literally. It sounded like it was very close

Texas Fireball Debris 14 Leroy
Direction/Angle of Fireball: There are reports that debris landed in Leroy, about 7 miles northeast of Waco. Officials are investigating.

Texas Fireball Explosion 15 Near Axtell
Direction/Angle of Fireball: Loud explosion followed by rumbling for a least 5-6 more seconds.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Hey Tejano's, any unusual military, white van, cars with dark, dark window tint, activity around Leroy? Troops?
Small military aircraft, heliocopters in the area.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Great stuff! Would you happen to have the exact times these were reported? I haven't been able to find an official time for any of these meteors that hit. Ideas?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
Great stuff! Would you happen to have the exact times these were reported? I haven't been able to find an official time for any of these meteors that hit. Ideas?

The reports that banthamobile listed were of the same fireball that occurred at 11.00 CST. There were not multiple meteorite hits.

Mods - why has this thread not been closed when there are already multiple threads about the same event

join