It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is really quite strange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm becoming very worried after something that happened 10 minutes ago. I had gone into the kitchen to take some Metamucil, it's a fiber supplement and had filled a glass of water in a plastic cup and put it on the counter. Then looked up to find the Metamucil bottle and when I looked down there was another cup...filled with water to the same height as the other one, right next to it, nearly touching. They were both clear plastic cups and as far as I can remember the last time I checked there was only one plastic cup left, and it was the one I used!
I got the feeling where it seems your heart stops beating and you suddenly have a sense of extreme panic/awareness.
I don't really believe in things like this. I mean nothing like a cup just appearing that is the same temperature and height as the one I just poured. If some of you have read my other threads you know that I have been having some strange illness lately. I feel sick a lot, abdominal spasms primarily. I'm still seeing doctors about it. That is why I think I may have a brain tumor or something after this. Is it possible that I could have poured a glass like this and not even remembered it? This is very troublesome, but I thought I would post it in the paranormal section to see what everyone thinks. I'm afraid I'm losing my memory, or was it something paranormal? Should I go to the hospital? Could I have an anurism? Is there ghost living in my house?

I'm very worried, like I want to cry. When you look at it rationally it only seems plausible that I was the one that put that mirror image cup there without knowing it.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by NativeAmerican]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well,

I guess since you only had one glass the first step would be to figure out where the other glass came from.

Having a glass move and having one appear from no where are two rather different events. I can't see a ghost pulling a glass out of thin air so I think you can rules that out.

Was the water the same temp in each one? Is the glass a clone of the first or just another one. If it was just another one then I would think it is your mind tricking you.

I would be worried if I performed the same action twice while thinking I did it only once.

Are you prone to sleep walking? Have you ever experienced a "loss" of time before?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Most likely it is just a memory slip. I do that on occasion. Frequently, actually. I'll get up and get a can of Coke, bring it to the living room and put it on the in table, remember something else I meant to do while I was up and then get another Coke. I don't realize I have an unopened on sitting here until I get back with the second one and then don't remember getting it to begin with. There have even been times I open the first one before forgetting all about it and then 30 minutes later I'm wondering why there are two full open cokes sitting on the table.

If you've been sick a lot lately you probably haven't been sleeping well. Sleep loss can cause your memory to not work properly.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I had a very strange thing happen recently. I went away for a few days and when I returned my radio was on very loudly. I had not left it on, although when these things happen you do question yourself. I turned the plug off at the wall.

When I went to bed, I turned the plug on because it also ran my bedside lamp, and when I went to turn the radio power off...IT WASN'T EVEN ON!!!

I got the shivers, and I still get the shivers about it.

My neighbour had found it too loud and knocked on the wall and said that it WAS THEN TURNED DOWN!!!

I think ghosts/spirits/whatever like to play games with us occasionally.

I wouldn't worry about it (spooky tho).

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
maybe you are having a rough time and that's been recognised - maybe it's someone's way of telling you that you are not alone

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Have you had any near death experiences lately? Could be a time-line skip. Probably just sleep deprivation though.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I think most people have done things like this its just that we dont think the what ifs when we do. Shrug it of my friend its not important

Jenna

posted on 18-2-2009 at 06:16 AM
Most likely it is just a memory slip. I do that on occasion. Frequently, actually. I'll get up and get a can of Coke, bring it to the living room and put it on the in table, remember something else I meant to do while I was up and then get another Coke. I don't realize I have an unopened on sitting here until I get back with the second one and then don't remember getting it to begin with. There have even been times I open the first one before forgetting all about it and then 30 minutes later I'm wondering why there are two full open cokes sitting on the table.

If you've been sick a lot lately you probably haven't been sleeping well. Sleep loss can cause your memory to not work properly.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Never had loss of time and I don't sleep walk. Despite being sick, I've slept a lot just usually from 5 am to 3 30 pm or so. The temperature was the same, at least it felt the same when I put my fingers in. It felt like the same coolness that comes out the tap. I think the sickness I'm having might have come from dehydration. I hadn't been drinking much and after having a good portion of water last night the abdominal spasms and cramps stopped. If that's the case, from what I understand your memory can be bad if you are dehydrated. So who knows. I'm very certain I didn't get another plastic cup with water, to the same height. Who knows though, the mind in itself is a very complex thing. It seems like it just appeared, but that's really not possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NativeAmerican

Perhaps you unconsciously did pour a second cup of water. Maybe your higher self is telling you to drink two doses of metamucil for better relief. I would heed your higher self.

Or.....some paranormal event has taken place. Also telling you to drink a second cup.

Personally, I would drink the second cup.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Get a cat scan asap, this seems very likely to be a medical condition. It could be something simple/treatable so don't assume brain tumors/anurisms etc..

I think you're looking for a paranormal explanation because you're more scared of it being a real, tangible medical issue you have to face (ghosts would require no personal responsibility for your well-being, which you are trying to avoid). Get checked out at least for some peace of mind. It could even be as simple as low blood pressure, anemia or something like that.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I already got a CAT scan and it didn't show anything. I know there's something wrong though. It seems to be splenic flexure syndrome. It fits the criteria to a T.

I went to see a neurologist who didn't think I had any neurological issue, this was a month ago. I had an MRI done 3 years ago. The splenic flexure syndrome explains the spasms and pain easily but I don't know if I may have a neurological issue since I haven't had an MRI in so long. The main problem I guess would be memory? Since the neurologist seemed to think I was neurologically okay, he suggested it could be hyperthyroid since I seem to have symptoms of that and it would impact memory from what I understand.

P.s. Does anyone know any mediterranean illnesses that could cause this?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Like Jenna said, probably a memory slip. I have those alot when i'm a little preoccupied with other things in my mind.
Getting a drink two times, going to another room to get something and totally forget what it was, looking for me shoes when i got them on (!)

I think being preoccupied in your mind your brain takes over and the daily routine kicks in.
I've even had it when driving, thinking about something so hard that i "forget" that i'm driving and when i snap out of it, i've driven 2 miles without really noticing. Never had an accident but it must be very dangerous

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by locster

Yeah it could easily be that too. The reason I think it could be a more serious issue though is just because all those things happen to me when I'm preoccupied. I was thoroughly focused though throughout the event.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican

I'm very worried, like I want to cry. When you look at it rationally it only seems plausible that I was the one that put that mirror image cup there without knowing it.

As far as I am concerned you hit the nail here right on its head. Why do you think a brain tumor when the symptoms you secribe here look a lot like IBS? Please treat yourself to good sleep, food and of course the right medical attention.

When I am really really stressed out I am scared out of my skull and I forget things in seconds.

Take care

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I put this mainly in the paranormal section because I was afraid of taking up too many threads in the medical forum because of all the physical problems I had and I thought it had a somewhat mysterious element so I thought I'd just post it here. Do you think I should get another MRI? Or would nothing have developed in 3 years?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you saw a neurologist a month ago and they don't think you have any neurological problems then you probably don't and getting an MRI would just be a needless procedure. If you are really that convinced that there is something wrong, I would get a second opinion or get my bloodwork checked. Really though, I think you are most likely worrying yourself over nothing. Everyone has a memory slip sometime and it's not anything serious.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
can you set up a video cam to see what is REALLY going on?
that would prove it one way or another maybe..the anurism
stuff is very very very serious. let's hope it's some temporary
memory loss due to worry/tension/apprehension rather than
something really serious.
njl

reply to post by NativeAmerican

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Don't worry - you are fine.

Did you read my ghost story? These things are common.

Everyone is telling you this and that and blah - you are normal, you are fine.

You are probably stressed out because it is tough living in this world at your age - at any age, actually.

Embrace life and be happy.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NativeAmerican
Never had loss of time and I don't sleep walk. Despite being sick, I've slept a lot just usually from 5 am to 3 30 pm or so. The temperature was the same, at least it felt the same when I put my fingers in. It felt like the same coolness that comes out the tap. I think the sickness I'm having might have come from dehydration. I hadn't been drinking much and after having a good portion of water last night the abdominal spasms and cramps stopped. If that's the case, from what I understand your memory can be bad if you are dehydrated. So who knows. I'm very certain I didn't get another plastic cup with water, to the same height. Who knows though, the mind in itself is a very complex thing. It seems like it just appeared, but that's really not possible.

You would not even believe the true amount of dehydration that occurs in society. People go about their day with their morning coffee, their soft drinks at lunch, there milk and juice with dinner. Most people never drink A GLASS OF WATER in a day.

So to find that most people are dehydrated is actually quite obvious and easy to see how. It is my belief due to experience that MOST DAILY DISCOMFORT is brought on simply due to dehydration and nothing else. headaches, stomach problems, nausea, memory issues, the list of dehydration symptoms is endless and it is so commonly overlooked.

Though I do watch my diet, and avoid aspartame, fluoride and MSG like they are the plague, I do attribute most of my health to simple hydration. I haven't been sick in at least 7 years, havent had a headache in at least a decade and normally feel absolutely perfect everyday, aside from the occasional back pain from my poor posture. These facts were highlighted when I met my current girlfriend. Her tummy was always upset, she always seemed to be getting headaches and overall she just had terrible day to day health. The first thing I made her start doing was consume more pure water, ontop of a daily multivitamin and the changes in just her have been staggering.

People are so quick to run to a doctor when they dont "feel good", never bothering to just do the right thing and treat their body properly. You pour # into your gas tank everyday, and soon your car will run poorly, you give it high octane goodness and it purrs like a kitten.

Your body is no different, and it needs to be maintained if you want to enjoy the ride. Thats the bottom line.

Quick tip for finding out if your dehydrated: Check your urine, yellow means you are DEHYDRATED AND MUST DRINK A FULL GLASS OF WATER ASAP! Your urine should always be crystal clear.

For anyone in disbelief of my theory, test this yourself. Next time you don't feel good, or feel a headache coming on or whatever, take a leak, if your urine is yellow. Drink a full glass of water, and think about how your feeling 30 minutes later. I guarantee you're at least feeling somewhat better.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by king9072]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Oh God, mine's never crystal clear

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join