It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

as electric circuitry miniaturizes as it advances.. so shouldn't gene-engineered neuro-networks? sm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
As we've seen our computers evolve through engineering from room-sized vacuum-tube cardboard-card memory card IBM computers of the 40s to the experimental nano-transistors we see on the cutting edge of electronics today...

wouldn't.. if we eventually follow the supposed path the "grays" took (us in teh future)...
and genetically enhanced ourselves... upgrading our computing power in our brains through genetic engineering...

wouldn't that same process follow the same miniaturization process? .. more complex and efficient "wiring" in a smaller more efficient area?

one aspect that evolution (theoretically or it could be by genetic engineering) .. has left us with our "perforated" brains.. meaning that the "folds" you see on the outer lobes of our brains.. are actually signatures of where our brain's organ is "folded" into it'self backed into a smaller area..
if we "unfolded" our brains.. so that all areas were smooth.. the organ would take up the size of your average bed pillow.

maybe we've reached the point of maximum perforation-size ratio so that we can't micro-size any further.. and the only improvement would be in size..

maybe we haven't...

maybe the "idea" alien "image" is wrong.. and we'd actually have the SAME size heads.. but with more jam-packed wiring..

or maybe it's a billion times more complex than what i'm explaining and there is only room for to increase in size.

curious ponderance.

-

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
That's Moore's Law I think you're referring to, right? Quoted by Gordon Moore, the co-founder of Intel. He said (Not a direct quote here, but) that the capacity of processing computer chips will double every 18 months, or expressed a different way, it's size will halve every 18 months.
I don't think the gene splicing and dicing industry can compete with that.
Hum. I didn't know that bit about the folds in the brain ...
Must be where they got that phrase "He's getting a big head", huh?
Size of pillow, you say .....
I don't know ... are you sure? ...Cause I have some really big pillows!

I think if anything, there will be more advances in bio-mechanics combining a processing chip with brain.
Pillow included!
Just kiddin'!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
hmm i'm not talking about "current" publically available gene splicing techniques..

i'm talking about the techniques supposedly used by us in the future to supposedly augment our genome.. and improve our brains..to evolve into the "grays" ( considering the theory that they're us from the future)

would not the "circuitry miniaturization process" be parallel with computers as it would with brains..

youd' hypothetically find a perfect head/body ratio to pack more "tchnology" or neuro-processing ability into the smallest cubic area possible..
thus not growing a "bigger head" but improving on the compacting .. the packing more neuro "wiring" into a smaller area.. not larger.. like we see in images of "grays"..

and i think your idea of "chips" implanting.. is spot on.. unavoidable at SOME point.. but..
i think it's going to be less 1990's type sci-fi clunky primitive idea of hard metal chip stuck in a soft brain..

but rather.. biologically COMPATIBLE "soft" silicon circuitry... that can grow and repair like our bodies do..

kind of like morgellons fiber-networks... or what the CIA admits to be testing on people here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

now.. on the "pillow" size issue...
from - faculty.washington.edu...

Lobes of the Brain

The average human brain weighs about 1,400 grams (3 lb). When the brain is removed from the skull, it looks a bit like a large pinkish-gray walnut. The brain can be divided down the middle lengthwise into two halves called the cerebral hemispheres. Each hemisphere of the cerebral cortex is divided into four lobes by various sulci and gyri. The sulci (or fissures) are the grooves and the gyri are the "bumps" that can be seen on the surface of the brain. The folding of the cerebral cortex produced by these bumps and grooves increases the amount of cerebral cortex that can fit in the skull. (In fact, the total surface area of the cerebral cortex is about 324 square inches - about the size of a full page of newspaper!). Although most people have the same patterns of gyri and sulci on the cerebral cortex, no two brains are exactly alike.

so.. does man in the future reach a point where he can't "pack" any more neurons into the brain while using folding to achieve greater compact wiring within a smaller area, thus forcing him to expand the actual size of the cranium through genetic alteration of himself?

or does he find methods to miniaturize the neuro technology..and his head stays the same size... defeating the whole "bigger head/brain = advanced human(grays)" theory...

-

new topics

join