It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so a true christian wouldnt believe in dinosaurs?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Actually i did very well in biology and the Bible states that the fallen angels took human women and impregnated them. Angels and humans are different species so your premise is flawed. A thing that may be beyond human abilities could be a simple act for more advanced and intelligent beings. Adam was a golem, a being created out of earth, Eve was cloned from him so there is a strong possibility that neither had 46 chromosomes.........no parents, no grandparents. Bio-engineering seems to be a strong suit among these entities.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Really? Adam and Eve? Eve magically formed from Adam's rib right? Dude I think you are taking the book of riddles far too literally. The bible is full of contradictions and fantasy.......

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So if Eve was cloned from Adam then basically he was doing himself? Yeah that'll get ya thinking, huh?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

There is a reason that we can't successfully reproduce outside of our species is because the DNA will be too miss matched. You see this in mules and other hybrids that are sterile because their parent's are too distantly related. The genesis premise is wrong. If we are all descended from the biblical Adam then so are all the great apes.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by griffinrl
reply to post by sir_chancealot

(This was reported in mainstream scientific journals, btw.)

Do you have a source of this report for review. I'd like to read it.

Do a search on "unfossilized T-Rex bone" or something along those lines. I quit doing homework for other people after college.

Edit to add: That sounded rather snippy. It's just that some people on here won't even bother to look up things for themselves, and expect other people to do the work for them. Re-reading your OP, I realized you are likely sincere. Seriously though, just do a search and you will find it.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by sir_chancealot]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by debris765nju
...Angels and humans are different species so your premise is flawed. ...

I can find at LEAST 3 different logical flaws in that above statement. (These presume the existence of angels.)

1) Have you examined the DNA of an angel? If not, then how do you KNOW their DNA doesn't have the same number of chromosomes?

2) How do you know that the mating of a human and angel doesn't produce a sterile offspring, ala the horse/donkey?

3) Angels often took human bodies when working on earth. They ate and drank. What proof do you have that they couldn't also reproduce?

I'm not saying your wrong or right, just that if you are going to accuse someone of having faulty logic, make sure yours is air-tight.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
...Thus a number of Bible translations of the book of Job such as J. Smith and Moffatt use the word “crocodile” in the main text ...

A crocodile? Let's examine why it can't be a crocodile.

Many of the things that the bible says can't be done, was done by a SINGLE PERSON. Steve Irwin. Yes, Steve Irwin often caught crocodiles while his little girl was watching. Yes, crocodiles CAN be bartered (ask any zoo). Yes, crocodiles' heads CAN be filled with fishing spears and harpoons.

Here is the most telling verse that shows God is talking about an animal that isn't around today: Job 41:25 (King James Version) When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid: by reason of breakings they purify themselves.
Do you understand what this verse LITERALLY means? When he "raiseth up" (modern day vernacular would be "when he gets pissed off"), the MIGHTY are afraid. So afraid, they crap their pants, and have to go ritually purify themselves, because they have come into contact with (their own) human feces.

You beginning to see now why it isn't a crocodile? How are the "mighty" afraid of a crocodile when it gets pissed off? You think Steve Irwin pooped his pants when a crocodile got pissed off?

Compare the verses of the bible describing Leviathan with the descriptions of the "mythical" dragon, and see if they don't line up.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus

Really? Adam and Eve? Eve magically formed from Adam's rib right? ...

Yes, if only we could do that today! We should invent a word, or several words for stuff like that. When the time comes, I suggest we use the following words to describe something like that happening.

1) Cloning: We could use this word to mean creating an exact copy of a living thing.
2) Genetic engineering. We could use this word to mean changing things at a genetic level, different than it was before.

Who else thinks we should use those words to describe magically forming someone/something from someone/something else? Nah! Best to forget I ever mentioned such ridiculous "magical" ideas like "cloning" and "genetic engineering". Who'd believe it?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

There is a reason that we can't successfully reproduce outside of our species is because the DNA will be too miss matched. ... If we are all descended from the biblical Adam then so are all the great apes.

There's a non-sequitur if I ever heard one.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Hebrews Chapter 2:1616 For verily he took not on him the nature of aangels; but he took on him the bseed of Abraham. 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a adream, saying, Joseph, thou son of bDavid, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the cHoly Ghost. Matthew 1:20 4 There were agiants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. Genesis chapter 6:4 God created angels as beings of light, then He created the Djinni with the nature of a smokeless fire, then He created Adam from the earth giving him a full-time physical form.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

It sounds that way but I was making a separate point.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

There is a reason that we can't successfully reproduce outside of our species is because the DNA will be too miss matched. You see this in mules and other hybrids that are sterile because their parent's are too distantly related. The genesis premise is wrong. If we are all descended from the biblical Adam then so are all the great apes.
I am pretty sure that Angels knew how to impregnate human women, I call to your attention Mary, mother of Jesus....Angels are the servants of God and were present at the Creation of Adam, they were familiar with the genetic structure of Man. I won't even attempt to deal with your reverse evolution statement.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vehemes terra eternus

Really? Adam and Eve? Eve magically formed from Adam's rib right? Dude I think you are taking the book of riddles far too literally. The bible is full of contradictions and fantasy.......
Actually it wasn't done magically, Adam was put to sleep and his rib removed, Eve was created from this rib so that she would remain by his side....it must have worked for they remained together for over 900 years.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Why wouldn't I believe in Dinosaurs? You have to use some common sense and a little knowledge to make that decision. The bible said Adam lived for hundreds of years right? Well here is a interesting fact that MOST people do not know that reptiles grow till the day they die. So if Adam lived say 900 years wouldn't lizards live a long time also. Look around You Your average garden variety lizard could have been 2000 pounds and 8 feet tall. Another thing the bible said is the earth was covered with a ice canopy which made the world like a large green house. The earth also never rained but the water condensed on the ground or came up from the ground. Now carbon dating works with sun light doesn't it? Now the sun breaks down the carbon 14 and the use that carbon 14 decay to measure how old an object really is. Scientist are assuming our atmosperic conditions today are the same that they were back then right? Now if the earth really had a canopy around it wouldn't that effect the carbon 14 readings? I don't know because I wasn't there and guess what neither were the scientist so everything is just a good guess. So just because someone is a christian doesn't mean he is a total dumb ass because thats not the case they are just regular people.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

You're pretty sure? Based on what evidence? Because human/chip/orangutan/guerrilla genetic evidence point's to a long ancestry stretching millions of years back, things like chromosome 2.

Mitochondrial eve lived 140,000 years ago in Kenya/Tanzania and Y Chromosomal Adam lived 60,000 years ago.

Deductive reasoning suggests that the creation story isn't "entirely" accurate.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

A group of intelligent people with knowledge of genetic engineering could have and probably will again design any type of creature they can image. This "possibility" that humankind was designed and created by nonhuman agencies negates all the chain-linked theories of evolution and epochs of antediluvian dinosaurs that crawled out of a pimordial ooze.......which sounds a lot like how Adam was created........do you think there could have been more than one creation? How about the same Creator?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

One theory requires no creator, is plausible given the science and is supported by the evidence. The other is a fable in which a man is generated from dust.

Gee.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
A "canopy" of ice/water whatever would have created a pressure on the earth that would have crushed everything. Take Venus for example.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skinon
so a true christian wouldnt believe in dinosaurs?

Being a true christian has nothing to do with thinking that the Old Testament is literal. Some christian groups believe it is absolute historical truth. Others see the O.T. as a mish-mash of myth, legend, history, poetry and truth.

Christians do not have to believe that world is 7,000 years old.
No matter what some christian fundamentalists groups claim.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

In your pathetically sarcastic post you are comparing the scientific advancements of today with the fairytale of Adam and Eve thousands of years ago. I hope you realise how completely retarded you sound

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join