It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Suggestion for securing the Mexican/US Border?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Pretty sad when the only solutions most of you guys have to offer are ways to maim and kill people. Least you could do is offer real solutions.

You want to secure the border three things must happen.

1) Get your fellow citizens clean so they quit demanding so much drugs.

2) Get government to enforce the laws already in effect.

3) End the war on drugs and come up with a new game plan. Money for war on drugs can be used to further secure border.

Real solutions -

Legalise drugs - no more drug trafficking

Legalise drugs - no more war on drugs saving millions/billions even

Legalise drugs - massive taxable in come to be earned millions/billions even

Legalise drugs - massive drop in violent crime saving govt millions/billions even

Legalise drugs - make something legal + taxable & chances are its popularity will drop off.

Everybodies happy

Chances are it would be doing mexico a big favour too.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

That case shouldn't have even made it to court. The fact that the judge didn't throw that case out the window when he read the title scares the hell out of me. If they weren't entering the country illegally, and trespassing, maybe they wouldn't be in the position of being held at gunpoint. It makes me sick seeing these illegal immigrants destroying his property, killing livestock, trespassing, stealing trucks off this guys property, using his property as a landfill, and then all of a sudden Roger Barnett has to pay these Illegal Immigrants for defending his inalienable rights to life, liberty, and property, and who knows, maybe if he let them leave they, would have gone and got some of their armed drug cartel backup. What is going on? Welcome to the new America, where everyone but its citizens are guaranteed rights. I guess I better forfeit my citizenship and go around and hop the border. At least I would be tax exempt, wouldn't get deported because I would make sure not to violate the law, and I'd have more rights than actual citizens. Sounds good to me...

Yes, I suggest the ending of lives of illegal immigrants attempting to cross the border. It's absolutely horrible, but at the moment, its the only effective thing within our power that can be done. We can't strengthen the Mexican government or change their culture, the only thing we can do is Deport them and make sure they stay out, which will take a fatal wound or the fear of a fatal wound. A local police officer here arrested an Illegal Immigrant and had him deported. Two weeks later the guy is back and threatens to kill the officer's family if he tries it again. The issue of securing the border is a war When you're in a war, you may as well fight it.

[Edit 18-2-2009 by Dienekes](for relevance)

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Dienekes]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This Country is Nuts!
Jury Awards Illegal Aliens $70k for Detaining Them On His Ranch!

www.reuters.com...

An Federal jury in Arizona awarded four illegal alien women &70,000 in damages after a rancher to have committed assault when he held them at gun point for authorities. He was acquitted of “Civil Rights” violations and battery allegations.

The women were part of a group rancher Richard Barnett had caught crossing his border ranch. Barnett has turned more than 12,000 illegal aliens over to local law enforcement and the ICE/Border Patrol since 1998.

All of the illegal aliens were represented by the non-profit, government supported Mexican American Legal Defense Fund. One of the aliens, Rene Rodriguez, has been identified as a convicted drug trafficker deported in 2003, whose re-entry was itself a new felony!

This system sucks.

Fix It!

Try this plan: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

I would like to point out that it is clear that most of the suggested ways to secure the border have been in jest. I don't think any of us take the issue seriously and it is very clear that our government does not.

I applaud you on clarifying what you meant. I still have to question how many of these are sincere since I have seen some of the same points come across in other threads about the border.

Whether we like to admit it or not from 1986 to 2001 the border was basically a non issue. It wasn't until after 2001 that it became a issue despite the fact that the hijackers got in on US visas, not crossing the Southern border. yet no one is screaming to shut down the visa program. Furthermore, many illegals come from South America and other parts of the world and become illegal because they come in through Canada, overstay their visas or come in through US waterways. The S. Border is not the only way they are getting in.

According to a recent study, 45 percent of illegal immigrants came here on a legal visa, and then overstayed that visa.

www.npr.org...

www.usbc.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

What worries me is that the rancher was more interested in enforcing the law than the "law enforcement agencies" were.

I subscribe to the idea that laws without enforcement leads to lawlessness. I suppose that my opinion is influenced by the fact that I grew up in Wyoming. If you don't know, Wyoming was a part of the "Wild West". The West was wild, very wild, but it's not because there were no laws. The West was wild because there was nobody around to enforce the law.

I not that old, in my forties, but I have noticed a willfull disregard for the law by our law enforcement agencies. Somewhere in the last 20 years they have decided that they only need to enforce the laws that they like. So, we see "Sanctuary Cities" where our emigration laws are not enforced and in some of these they have passed local laws that prohibit their law enforcement officers from enforcing Federal laws.

Every time I turn on the TV, I see a new example of selective enforcement of the law. If you don't know selective enforcement violates the concept of equal protection under the law, which is a basic human right and guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. This kind of erosion of basic rights cannot be tolerated. Yet, nobody in the media seems to notice it.

Ever notice that corporate fat cats are getting away with stealing billions of dollars and the government seems unable to do anything? It's not because there are no laws, we have plenty of laws that prohibit graft, corruption, and theft.

Ever notice how a cabinet appointee has to step aside because he "forgot" to pay taxes on a hundred thousand dollar gift? Then he walks away and there is no prosecution for tax evasion, and a verbal promise to make it right. It's not because there are no tax laws.

Welcome to the Wild West.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree that the illegal immigrant problem is more complex than simply securing the southern border.

There are over 2 million illegal aliens from Europe in the US. Over 1 million from Africa. Another million from Asia. We need to get a handle on these folks as well.

The truth is though that the majority of illegals are from Latin America and a majority of those came in through Mexico.

I would like to reiterate though that our Federal Laws regarding illegal immigration are a joke as long as we have no border control and selective enforcement of our immigration laws. What little enforcement that there is seems to be limited to those illegals who commit serious crimes and most of them have to commit multiple offenses to be deported.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Take every single laid off worker and offer them a job to stand along the border with an automatic rifle ... with unemployment rates where they're at, we should have no problem lining up workers every 100 or so feet across the US/Mexican border. Now THAT would create jobs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join