It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Suggestion for securing the Mexican/US Border?

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

my god, what is wrong with these people??? surely the army being involved is a good thing? i think it is most definatley organised by the drug gangs themselves.

anyway, not being an american, I dont understand why this border was not secured long,long ago!!!

really interested to hear the suggestions of all you ATS'ers as to what is the best method of securing the border.

1 suggestion each please!!! maybe i can choose a winner when the replies reach 100. !!!

cheers
Grant

[edit on 17-2-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
My favorite idea to secure the border is to build an 8 lane wide interstate all along the border. That would slow down the flow of illegals and provide us with a new highspeed highway!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

Bwahaha,I'll second that ! sounds like it would work!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Stop all the welfare!

Stop the cheap labor!

It's maddness to try to stop the people sneaking across, much better sense to make USA a less desirble destination for non-citizens.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
My favorite idea to secure the border is to build an 8 lane wide interstate all along the border. That would slow down the flow of illegals and provide us with a new highspeed highway!

LOL. Call it "El Frogger."

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
hahaha... el frogger thats funny!! i like it!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I had to give you a star for that one. I like the name and shall forever more refer to the border interstate as el Frogger!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

That should be ATS code name for the NAFTA highway.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Land-mines. Lots and lots of land-mines. Allow ranchers and other property owners to shoot trespassers on sight.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'll second that motion. Maybe to let everyone know about it, we should start a thread about the NAFTA highway and then introduce the new name?

We could title it, "El Frogger, coming to a neighborhood near you?"

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Catapults. Build huge ones along the U.S side and when an illegal is caught sneaking across, fling their ass back into Mexico. You could even make a game out of it and try to hit others coming across. Harsh I know but hey maybe it'll teach them to come here the right way, legally.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

GrantB, The States are about to complete the last few miles of a fence/barrier along the entire border, but smugglers have to backing auto transports up to the Mexican side. or building ramps, and DRIVING OVER.

The three cities in the BBC report are across from large Texas citiies with "International Bridges" to facilitate commerce and traffic. Drug cartels have taken over many border towns in the last few years.

There have been over 500 drug killings (usually machine-gun or beheadings) so far this year in Ciudad Juarez/El Paso as of 2/15/2009. The people protesting were probably doing it in fear of the Cartels or in their pay.

The Mexican Federal Army had to come in because police were either dying or working for the dope traffickers. (This week's news included a story about an entire city being overrun and evacuated by Cartels and their own armies)

Here's my solution: Hire 50,000 Kiwis and 150,000 sheep and station them every 100 yards in three shifts from Texas to California. Their job will be to stop illegal crossings, or ask for a $500 U.S.D. "entrance fee," keep it and call the U. S. Border Patrol. The local Yanks would feed and shelter them at their ranches.

Some scenery is nicer than other, so we'd rotate groups up and down the border every few weeks.

Come visit. Bring your friends.
Bring sheep.

jw

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Im suprised FEMA hasnt put an inwards facing fence along the border to keep everyone out

Seriously though i dont think they want to keep mexicans out or they would do something about it liike mine it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
if we put land-mines on the American side, they can't complain when they're blown to taco meat.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What was that video game a few years back? The one where you try to shoot the illegal aliens as they run across the screen? It would be a totally different game with a Mexipult!

Maybe you could start the game with a BB gun, then you progress to a handgun, then a rifle, then when you get to the higher levels you can trade up to a Mexipult! There could be different levels with the Mexipult too. You could start out with a little one powered by rubber bungies, then a larger one, then you could graduate to the Trebouche sized one, this one could fling Juan Valdez and his donkey a quarter mile!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Pretty sad when the only solutions most of you guys have to offer are ways to maim and kill people. Least you could do is offer real solutions.

You want to secure the border three things must happen.

1) Get your fellow citizens clean so they quit demanding so much drugs.

2) Get government to enforce the laws already in effect.

3) End the war on drugs and come up with a new game plan. Money for war on drugs can be used to further secure border.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

OK, you're not going to believe this. A US jury in Arizona just found a rancher who detained a group of aliens crossing his ranch liable to pay them $70,000 for "assault!"

They refused to convict him for battery or "Civil Rights" violations.

This country is NUTS!

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
wow, what a crazy story!!! this is insane!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
We could issue permits and allow sport hunting along the border.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would like to point out that it is clear that most of the suggested ways to secure the border have been in jest. I don't think any of us take the issue seriously and it is very clear that our government does not.

As proof that the US Government does not seriously intend to secure the border, I offer a couple of points.

We have had a border with Mexico for over 150 years and we have fought three wars with Mexico. Yet, we did not see fit to build a border fence. In fact most of the fences along the border were put there to keep cattle from wandering off.

When the citizens demanded a border fence in the 1980's because of the large population of illegal immigrants. The government decided to legalize 2 million illegals. Problem solved!

In the latest round of "debate". I use the term debate lightly because a debate implies two way communication, which has not occured on this topic. The government proposed 700 miles of fence to secure a border over 1400 miles long. In the end they "compromised" and they are about to finish the 300 miles of fence that they decided to build. I suppose that the 300 miles of fence will be so secure, that the illegals won't dare to run around it?

Anyway, I can't take the issue any more seriously than the government does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join