It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The movie Stigmata...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If anyone has watched this movie then they know what im talking about.

Im just wondering about the 3rd gospel and if it's ever really been released and if the catholic church really did dismiss it and why.

I was reading about the secret of fatima below and saw someone mention that it could contain the secret teachings of Jesus. Also saying that one of the teachings was that you don't need a church to worship god.

Which I believe is true.

Now why would they disregard a gospel? That doesnt make sense, they didn't disregard the others. Just cause they don't agree with it, doesn't make it false.

Thats one thing that has corupted and created a cloud of false beliefs over religion. Peoples opinions and ideas get too iinvolved when dealing with the translation of the bible to begin with....

Just my 3 cents.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
dude - it's a movie.

That thing they were talking about isn't proven to exist.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Im talking about the scrolls of St. Thomas Aquinas, it speaks about it at the end as well.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Gospel of St. Thomas is believed to exist. The reason the Church does not want people to believe it, is that it says you don't need the church to worship and believe. Thus a huge drop in funds for the church. And they would no longer have control of a lot of people, since they are no longer attending services.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Why hasn't anyone tryed to enforce it's rule, it's authenticity seems to have no question, I think someone should let others know, especially if it's true.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
do a little research on the vatican's secret achives, and you'll read about a lot of interesting stuff the church hasn't told us about.

it seems they pick and choose what they want us to learn, and i agree with crayon- release the gospel of st. thomas, and people find out that you don't need church to worship or believe, and then the church loses a buttload of money and followers. (notice how i put money before followers- just like the church
)

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by Bobbo]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The Gospel of Thomas was written in the second century, the rest of the New Testament was written at least 30-40 years earlier. It was a strongly Gnostic text, and as such, opposed to the rest of the canon of scripture. I.e. It was left out for very good reasons...it was not inspired, and it contradicts the teachings of the rest of the Bible.

Of course, you don't need a Church to be a Christian, but we are still commanded by the Lord Himself to "Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together."

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You do not have to go to "church" as long as you practice fellowship. That is what Jesus said. Do not worship symbols ie the cross, do not pray to these "things" worship from your heart, where ever you are, when ever you feel, worship at any time or place of your choosing, but worship from your heart. The "church" can be on a hill, or in a lake or in your own bed. The "church" does not need to have your money to exist. Where does Jesus say, " give me your money, so that I may do good works for you." WHERE DOES HE SAY THIS ????? Someone please show me where Jesus commands his followers to GIVE MONEY to the "church". He commands only that his followers love one another and to share his words and to bring the people of the world into fellowship with them and to bring them into the hand of GOD, THAT GOD might change their hearts from Sin, THAT GOD might inspire them to get on 'his' path. SO THAT GOD might fill their heart with hope and with love. So that they will understand the sacrafice of Jesus as a testement of GOD's everlasting love for humanity.

That is why the "church" is hiding these things from its "flock".

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
the church is like the shadow gov. they can accept or disregard things as how they see fit. the secret that jesus taught us is that we can achieve by understanding oneself and get in touch with our personal god. if god created us, then surely our body and everything around us is god itself. and do u really think if we dont believe in god, we will burn in hell forever. that doesnt seem do be the kind and loving god. church recongnize that weakness we have, so they can manupilate us.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Churches are just like Christians. Some are bad and way off target and some are really good and honestly do good for people and communities.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerotimeChurches are just like Christians. Some are bad and way off target and some are really good and honestly do good for people and communities.

You can apply this to most things. Religious and not. Look at politicians, sports fans, and people just in general.

new topics

top topics

join