It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Dr ZAHI HAWASS EVIL? A new Egpytian Megalomaniac!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Come on guys. Agree to disagree and forget about it. If this thread has shown anything, it's the fact that Mr Hawass divides opinion. Although a newcomer, I tend to post in two or three sections and this one has the least conflict between members. I hope it stays that way.

On balance, I've come to learn more from this area of ATS than others. Clovis, pre-Clovis, aboriginal aquaculture, paleolithic man, cave art, medicine wheels, Beringia, the spread of early humans, water damage versus human ingenuity, atlatls, Syriac bibles and the Dog Star. Indirectly, I've learned more about neanderthal man and the 'great leap forward' in human endeavor, frozen North Americans and how archaeology can respect the cultures of those it studies.

The knowledge I had has been greatly increased. Increase in knowledge probably correlates to the decreasing amount of paperwork I've done recently

Let's get back to threads where people like me get to stretch their intelligence.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I tried 3 times to get you back on topic, and you keep reverting to perosnal sarcarsm about me, Im over it...keep being agressive on your own, or talk about Hawass with others....Officially bored , over and out.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks Kadinsky. Nicely said.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I am also done with this thread. You can post the same information over and over and this troll will keep say you didn't answer the questions. There are way too many interesting threads on ATS to get pulled down by this one. It is unfortunate that the OP's thread has been sidetracked by hanslune- perhaps that is where the conspiracy is.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

perhaps thread kill was the goal all along.....

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MynaerisIt is unfortunate that the OP's thread has been sidetracked by hanslune- perhaps that is where the conspiracy is.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the the OP's original premise is being adequately addressed.

Is Dr ZAHI HAWASS EVIL? A new Egpytian Megalomaniac!

...is the question that was put forward, and the answer is 'no'. He is not evil in any sense I can discern, and he is certainly not a megalomaniac in any clincal sense.

This thread was posited in a sophomoric manner up front, but because it it deals with a scientific subject, it has been addressed by Hans in a knowlegable manner. That should not be considered a threadkill.

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

If you call:
your a liar
dont pull the racist card
your fringe or full of hate x 5 times
You encourage ingorance...i could go on
knowledgable manner???

Its agressive and sarcastic.

The thread I stated was tongue and cheek and light, so no offence taken to the sophpomoric call.

[edit on 22-2-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ah but Mynaeris you never did answer the question by providing proof that the Egyptian never made archaeological discoveries. If you did please link to that post. However since you are leaving....bye

[edit on 22/2/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Howdy Kandinsky and Johnny C

I agree completely and have now dropped the matter concerning ZF entirely.

[edit on 22/2/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You people are forgetting:

1) The Egyptians never built any pyramids or monuments, these were built
by a civilization predating the Egyptian society. The Egyptians just adopted
those buildings and used them for their religions.

2) Therefor those monuments are world property, not national property,
and therefor all scientists of all nationalities should have access to the
monuments.

3) There is extremely important knowledge and historical records in those
buildings, that can teach us a great deal about human past, and can help us
develop benevolent technology. Don't forget that the vast majority of our
medical knowledge and medical tools, are derived from hieroglyphs and the
Egyptian culture, who on their part adapted it from the previous civilization.

The fact that the Egyptian civilization only devolved since their creation,
proves all this. The Egyptian civilization was at its height when it started,
and from then on only devolved and degenerated, until it disappeared.

Think about that.

That Zawi guy is doing no one a favor but himself. If he isn't part of the
shadow government, then no one is. He is clearly trying to keep a lot of
important information hidden from the world..

[edit on (22/2/09) by Wehali]

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You people are forgetting:

Hans: Actually you are creating out of thin air...

1) The Egyptians never built any pyramids or monuments, these were built by a civilization predating the Egyptian society. The Egyptians just adopted those buildings and used them for their religions.

Hans: Wow so where is the evidence for this civilization? Can you site a habitation site? Pottery? Anything? I'm afraid there is no evidence of anybody being there but the Egyptians.

2) Therefor those monuments are world property, not national property,
and therefor all scientists of all nationalities should have access to the
monuments.

Hans: They still belong to the Egyptians and scientists have access to the sites, non-academic researchers without the support of known organizations do not.

3) There is extremely important knowledge and historical records in those
buildings, that can teach us a great deal about human past, and can help us develop benevolent technology. Don't forget that the vast majority of our medical knowledge and medical tools, are derived from hieroglyphs and the Egyptian culture, who on their part adapted it from the previous civilization.

Hans: Again no sign of this alleged culture. I believe you might want to review the Ebers Papyrus for what the Egyptians knew about medical stuff, there is no evidence of any advanced knowledge, just common sense, use of natural ingredients, and of course magic to get rid of certain diseases.

You can review Egyptian medical knowledge here

The link

Hans: Easily shown to be false, we have neolithic village that evolve into proto-Egyptians, pre-dynastic civilization then the splendor of the Old kingdom. Not knowing about these can be cured by reading a non-fringe, non-new age publication or book. I'd be happy to recommend some.

That Zawi guy is doing no one a favor but himself. If he isn't part of the

Hans: So he works for the Minister of Culture - who works for Hosni - are they all in on it too?

He is clearly trying to keep a lot of
important information hidden from the world..

Hans: How come this stuff wasn't found in the two hundreds years when the Europeans looted and explored Egypt? Stricter rules were only applied in 1994 - what about before then?

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wehali

Think about that.

That Zawi guy is doing no one a favor but himself. If he isn't part of the shadow government, then no one is. He is clearly trying to keep a lot of
important information hidden from the world..[edit on (22/2/09) by Wehali]

We could say that the Greek, Roman, Sumerian, Mayan, Babylonian and Persian empires and civilizations 'devolved' from their heights too. Your reasoning is a little thin in parts. Perhaps you're correct and the Greeks and Romans have covered up and concealed the evidence of the secretive unknown civilization that doesn't like to take credit for its achievements?

If he isn't part of the shadow government, then no one is

We agree at last. There is no 'shadow government' in Egypt, it's a Dictatorship. Like him or not, Hawass has stemmed the tide of Egypt's history being sold around the world. Do a Google news search and you'll see very little is being 'suppressed', new discoveries are reported every month.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Regretablly or fortunately depending on your point of view secrets in Egypt are easy to obtain. If I had a secret I wouldn't hope that the Misr bureaucracy could contain it for long!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
On balance, I've come to learn more from this area of ATS than others. Clovis, pre-Clovis, aboriginal aquaculture, paleolithic man, cave art, medicine wheels, Beringia, the spread of early humans, water damage versus human ingenuity, atlatls, Syriac bibles and the Dog Star. Indirectly, I've learned more about neanderthal man and the 'great leap forward' in human endeavor, frozen North Americans and how archaeology can respect the cultures of those it studies.

This would certainly not be true if the "history sherriffs" weren't posting here.

Ther are plenty of other forums out there that are filled with ignorant posters agreeing with each other and slapping each other's backs at every idiotic speculation. They resemble a herd of those head-bobbing figurines, everyone nodding and winking at everyone else, secure in the knowledge that they are "in on" the secrets that the rest of us cannot even guess at.

Thank God for the "Deny Ignorance" motto. Without it, I probably would have already been banned for pointing out ignorance when I see it.

See, now the following posts are nothing but parroting of extremely similar fringe statements.

Originally posted by MynaerisIt is unfortunate that the OP's thread has been sidetracked by hanslune- perhaps that is where the conspiracy is.

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
perhaps thread kill was the goal all along.....

Try to point out where some folks are wrong and suddenly you're part of the Big Ol' Conspiracy which, presumably, is "hiding the truth" from us reg'lar folk.

Harte

[edit on 2/23/2009 by Harte]

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
you can get history sherriff badges in a box of cracker jacks. the real ones don't burn.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Yeah the truth is never welcome to the man who thinks he knows otherwise.

Try sitchin.com or the Hidden mission, fine one opinion based forums! LOL

[edit on 23/2/09 by Hanslune]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join