It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N.: Hamas stole 7 tons of weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
jta.org...

JERUSALEM (JTA) -- The United Nations confirmed that Hamas stole seven tons of unexploded Israeli weapons stored in U.N. warehouses in Gaza.

The explosives, fired by Israel during its military operation in Gaza, were set to be destroyed by controlled detonation. The mostly unexploded tank shells were under Hamas guard when they were stolen, Ha'aretz reported Tuesday.

I heard this reported on BBC as well. Surely this means any truce is going to be hampered. And how does Israel plan to eliminate these weapons now? It's quite shocking to me that 7 tons didn't explode. How many tons exploded in total?

Or does Hamas have every right to steal these?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If they stole the UN food, I don't see why they wouldn't steal weapons. I just want to know who the UN honcho is that put Hamas in charge of guarding the weapons. That guy deserves a big sign on his forehead.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I imagine the UN guards sold the weapons to Hamas.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Hamas are the the closest things to good guys here. Have you watched Al-Jazeera news and seen the determination on all the faces, sick women, crippled men, children everyone of them says they will die to protect their country, and unlike when americans say it on FOX news these people actually mean it and you seem them fighting using whatever they can against the invaders.

You might not like it but when Jeruselam was under Saladdin's control during tyhe crusades he allowed all the religions to pray and live there peacefully, but what happened when Richard took over???He chopped the heads off all the muslims. Nothing changes over history, you might not like the muslims coz of all the propaganda they show you on your television but that area is never more peaceful then when under Muslim rule. The Jews have been bombing hospitals and schools, what the hell is that???? They're just like little kids wanting what they can't have. But now they got the tick of approval from the US in exchange for some fancy Uzi's so looks like sooner or later Jeruselam will fall to Zionist opressors and any one not of jewish faith will be expelled or lined up and shot.

So I hope Hamas stole those weapons, and I goddamn hope they hit em where it hurts.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Two things very wrong with this story...

One: That the IDF managed to fire 7 Tons of dud shells
Two: That they were stored in Gaza and able to be stolen by Hamas

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfpack Rebellion

Try telling that story in Saudi Arabia and see how far you get with freedom of worship. The year is 2009, wake up.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hammas and the Palestinians aren't expected to give back the weapons that exploded and killed people so why should they be expected to give back the ones that didn't?

Israel gave them these weapons. They didn't steal them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by verbal_assassin
Sounds like a setup to steal more Palestinian land. They already stole more land last week from the West Bank.

*Snip*. People are starving, and those Zionist refuses to allow humanitarian aid to enter Gaza.

Bombing 30+ schools, killing 1300+, injuring 5000+. Yea, that's a good way to win their hearts and mind. Texting them to leave the house cause they supposedly have "weapons". Yeah good one.

60 years of rape, of course those Palestinian are going to have some sort of resentment towards you.

They are starving because they chose to elect and support a terror group for their government.

By 'humanitarian aid' are you referring to the Hamas uniforms found in the UN truck?

From what I understand, the vast majority of those killed were Hamas soldiers, and the civilians Hamas used as human shields.

Probably not a good idea for Hamas to store weapons in schools.

[edit on 2/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Actually Israel has seized more land for settlements in the west bank. www.kansascity.com...

They are starving because they chose to elect and support a terror group for their government.

They are starving because their homes have been stolen and destroyed, they have no jobs, no money and no food because Israel has been fencing them inside a cage for almost 15 years.

Israel has terrorized these people by occupying their homes and using excessive force to drive them out and kill them. Hammas are far from perfect but they were elcted to resist the occupation and to defend their country and people. The occupiers are the terrorists not the caged in occupied.

By 'humanitarian aid' are you referring to the Hamas uniforms found in the UN truck?

U.N. aid is what was in the building that Israel blew up and what is in the trucks that they wont allow through. You say "Hamas uniforms" like it is illegal to have clothes or a uniform?

From what I understand, the vast majority of those killed were Hamas soldiers, and the civilians Hamas used as human shields.

Probably not a good idea for Hamas to store weapons in schools.

The vast majority of those killed were infact civilians. Many of them were children. Calling them human shields is a bit of a cop out don't you think?

In both the Lebanon/Israel conflict and the Gaza/Israel conflict Israel killed far more civilians than millitants. Yet Hizballah and Hamas managed to kill more Israeli millitants than civilians.

So when a child is killed, you justify it by saying it is Hamas' fault because some little kid was playing in the same city? Is that what helps you sleep at night?

You need to realise that these people live in a densley populated cage. Israel should be using weapons which destroy a target, not the whole vacinity. That is like saying it's ok to wipe out the whole of Gaza and anyone who dies is a human shield.

Take a look at this photo. What you're saying is that the 140 people who died here were human shields?
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How can it be stolen if the munitions were thrown at them by Israel in the first place? Did or did not Israel mean it for them to have it unless of course it was intended for the civilians.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
How can it be stolen if the munitions were thrown at them by Israel in the first place? Did or did not Israel mean it for them to have it unless of course it was intended for the civilians.

I'm pretty sure the UN rounds up unexploded ordinance and stores it so that kids don't come across a bomb and beat on it with rocks. The ordinance was stolen from the storage site, or sold.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Obliterated

t is like saying it's ok to wipe out the whole of Gaza and anyone who dies is a human shield.

Take a look at this photo. What you're saying is that the 140 people who died here were human shields?
www.guardian.co.uk...

As far as I know, yes, or Hamas killed them and blamed Israel.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the UN rounds up unexploded ordinance and stores it so that kids don't come across a bomb and beat on it with rocks. The ordinance was stolen from the storage site, or sold.

So the UN was holding it in safe keeping but it remains Hamas property.

A question for you; if I were to hurl my Porsche Carrera S at you and it lands in your front yard, does it not become your property? Can I demand it back?

[edit on 052828p://pm2803 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Wait how credible is the source of this article? Oh it's from the "Global News of the Jewish People". Hmm do you have this item from a more credible source? There are way too many threads that quote either solely Israeli or Palestinian propaganda sources.

I noticed that not one of the members responded to my highly credible thread today . Russia Today is a highly credible source and the people in the video are credible. Instead we have umpteen Al Jazeera, MEMRI and JTA threads .

Israel used new weapons in Gaza

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mynaeris

Al Jazeera and MEMRI are not a match. MEMRI is a hate mongering mossad operation and Al Jazeera is a world class news group.

[edit on 072828p://pm2836 by masonwatcher]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Really? The UN rounds them up? then explain the undetonated cluster bombs and mines that were left in Lebanon signed "with love" from sick and twisted Israeli's in 2006. These continued to kill and injure Lebanese children long after Israel withdrew. It seems that it is only necessary to clean up the mess when there is no direct threat to civilians. Yet it is necessary when it can be re-used against Israel.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by Obliterated

t is like saying it's ok to wipe out the whole of Gaza and anyone who dies is a human shield.

www.guardian.co.uk...

As far as I know, yes, or Hamas killed them and blamed Israel.

I understand the point you're trying to make but this comment is not helping your argument. Hamas is to blame for all the attrocities.....you give them way to much credit.

These guys carry Kalashnikovs and fire bottle rockets(because thats what they are, not missiles, bottle rockets) while IDF has Fighter Jets, Tanks, Drones, Artillery, Computers even..... and Hamas is still to blame.

Hamas are far from perfect, but what does that say about the IDF. When Russia retaliated against Georgia everyone and their mothers cried bloody murder. Nevermind that they were actually justified. But since Israel is killing Muslims no one cares, right? I doesn't matter that they might be innocent, as long as they are Muslim.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
from my topic in ATSN

Originally posted by bodrul

Two weeks ago, the team was given access to a storage site in Gaza City where more than 7,000 kilograms of explosives were being housed.

way to go Israel,

the unexploded white phosphorus they used on Gaza has just been picked up by Hamas, what a way to arm someone unintentionally? while trying to stop others from arming them.
and of all weapons white phosphorus.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

maybe next time Israel launches White phosphorus at palestinians they can return the faver with Israeli made white phosphorus?

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

You really don't follow world events do you ?

Hamas overthrew the elected Fatah Government and publicly executed many of the Fatah government forces. Nobody elected Hamas. The standard of debate here by people who don't know what they're talking about is pathetic.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join