It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nation's Blacks Creeped Out By All The People Smiling At Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I love this article! Blacks are honestly being creeped out, by whites right now, and they want ALL the niceness to end..... saying their kids are getting nightmares from it.

link to article: www.theonion.com...

Isn't it a shame that it is only at this point - people are doing being nice... wouldn't it be great if this was not "unusal'?

"On behalf of black people across this nation, I would like to say to our white brethren, 'Please stop looking at us like that,'" said Brown University psychology professor Dr. Stanley Carsons. "We're excited Barack is president, too, and we're glad you're happy for us. But giving us the thumbs up for no reason, or saying hello whenever we walk by, is really starting to freak us out."

According to the poll, more than 92 percent of African-Americans have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of beaming Caucasians in their vicinity, as well as a marked rise in the instances of white people making direct eye contact with them on the bus, engaging them in pleasant conversation, and warmly gazing in their general direction with a mix of wonder, pride, and profound contentment. All respondents reported being "petrified" by the change.

Wow, I look at this, as something that should always happen.

I know, people I have been with in the past, as I have walked down streets of big cities and have looked everyone in the eye and said "Hello" - as I pass them by. The people freak out that are with me, because I do that. I have ALWAYS done that, and I still do.....

"If you could all stop acting like you're generally pleased to see black people walking around, out in the open, that would be better for all of us," NAACP president Benjamin Jealous said to a smiling and misty-eyed press corps that was "just thrilled" to have him there. "It's very kind of you to be so enthusiastic about our achievements, but if it's still on the table, we'd like to return to the times when your reactions varied between unfounded apprehension and complete indifference. To be honest, you people are kind of terrifying when you're happy."

Everywhere I go, there they are: offering me pancakes, laughing at all my jokes, even bursting into tears when they see me," said the Washington, D.C. resident and father of two. "I know you mean well and all, but seriously, knock it off. You're giving my children nightmares."

Personally, I love this, and I REALLY HOPE it will keep going!!

Lets always look each other in the eye and acknowledge each other..... what a MUCH BETTER world - we would live in... if we did!!

A simple acknowledgement of another - goes a LONG WAY!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The Onion is a fake news agency.

So please dont take them literally its ridiculous on purpose

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Lol, the Onion is hilarious

Here is my recent favorite (video has profanity in it, so if it makes you cry, please do NOT click on it):

SONY

Ya all enjoy

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yep hate to say it but The Onion is a satire site.

Don't feel bad though. There is a O-Span video that pops up from time to time about a bill that has 'classified' many times that scares people half to death, thinking that it is a C-Span broadcast.

link to video

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
LOL the onion is made up fictional news... completely...

Don't let that get you down though... its less depressing to read the onion than it is the NY Times lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It was for situations like these that the phrase was invented: "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

I'm gonna be nice even if people don't like it. =P

:: shrug ::

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This just proves America is a post-racial society.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Gotta love The Onion, QuestioningAll.

Here's an example of an ATS-appropriate Onion News Network broadcast:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I can't believe you actually believed it. Then again, it really is the point of the site...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

I can believe it.

These are the exact types of threads I've come to expect from questioningall. I'm actually quite surprised there wasn't some extra Bush-bashing thrown in for good measure.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

link to article: www.theonion.com...

ITo be honest, you people are kind of terrifying when you're happy."

Who you calling "you people"

Yes "The Onion" is quite funny

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
this is bar far the stupidest thing i have ever read or heard. it's seriously ridiculous that anyone (even the onion) can even think about giving an audience to an article like this. this country is rapidly losing what might be left of its collective mind. i'm not laughing because there's far too much hidden meaning here.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
aw give her a break. She believed the satire. It just means that the satire was so well written, and actually believable, that it sucked her in. I thought the 'article' was funny as hell.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Does a black president now mean that "the man" is black, and that us whities are being held down by the man?

Seriously though, the Onion is hysterical. My wife got me the Onion's Atlas as one of my Xmas gifts, and it's a riot....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The article is ALMOST real enough to be possible. I think a lot of people were smiling at each other after the election. That's what makes it good satire.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
crap... it was a joke... LOL I just wrote about how this was racist and offensive and what not... I thought it was serious.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

top topics

join