It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medicine Bad For You?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have this theory that medicine might actually be bad for you in the long run. AS you know, our body has it's own way of fighting off illnesses. Alot of people take medicine as soon as they get sick. I believe this to be a poor decision. If the medicine always kills the bacteria or virus for you, your body will not be able to fight them off by itself, it will "get lazy". If you didnt take meds, your body would learn to kill and fight of the sickness by itself, learning and adapting. It will help build up your immune system. I have tested this theory with my self. I do not get sick often. This is just my theory.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not quite...

If your talking about antibiotics, the bacteria become resistant and may not be effeciently killed off by normal antibiotics and require very strong ones.

Your immune system is pretty adaptive. As long as you aren't using tons of anti bacterial products, you should be alright. Your body works by being exposed to these pathogens and making defenses against them, if your constantly disinfecting things and not exposing your self to them than that's going to be bad..

Unless of course you have a compromised immune system like in HIV/AIDS

new topics

join