It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A review "Taken"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I knew what this film was going to be like before I even bought the tickets for me and my date; but she wanted to see it.

I hate it when the trailer spells out most of the details in the movie.

The story was lame. Liam Neeson can't act. Terrible direction with continuity that just sucked. The dialog must have been written by a retarded 1st year film student, stoner. The fight scenes reminded me of choreographed professional wrestling..

Don't get me wrong; I like violence and blood but not when it seems just tacked on because the director thought the movie had gone on to long with out any gunplay, car chases etc.

It's films like "Taken" why I quit going to the movies for 7 years.

For a great movie, go see Mickey Roark in his comeback film. The Wrestler.

No dancing clowns for "Taken"

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I love watching movies but always go with the premise that there is 1 decent movie out of every 10 and 1 great movie out of every 25.
This way i'm never disappointed, although I did buy into the Dark Knight hype before seeing it and was disappointed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

i rather enjoyed this movie. i think liam is a great actor. i don't think it showed all to well in this movie but this is just some popcorn action flick. not supposed to be a michael collins.

there were lots of throat shots in this movie and i liked that. you don't see them too often. very effective though.

i thought it was worth the money. not gonna get an oscar but it was good for 2 hours of entertainment

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Watched this last night and was expecting crap.

Was pleasantly surprised.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I thought the movie was really really good
Liam Neeson was pretty good in it and the story was pretty cool too IMO

new topics

top topics

join