It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calculate How Much The Bailout Will Cost You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The Bailout Calculator allows you to calculate how much the government has promised to take, from you personally. They are redistributing it to telecom companies, industry, and the airlines. Currently, $8,439,120,000,000 has been promised. What exactly will this cost you?

Calculator Here

This is an interesting tool that allows you to find out just how much this will cost your family with and without taxes added ...

It's kind of sad actually and upsetting ... after you find out just how much your family will be giving

[edit on 17-2-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I sort if wish I hadn't just clicked on the OP's link

That just makes me sick. Part of the results were in terms of things you could use the money for if you didn't have to pay for the stimulus. Like eight new cars, or four college tuitions. Granted the college would have been for nonexistent kids but whatever.
Our taxes would almost double. Great, so now we get reamed twice as hard by uncle same each year. And before anyone asks, no we're not rich; we actually make less than the average.

Thanks for the link, i think

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
OMG i'm so pissed off now, lol. Thanks for that though OP!
So basically i will pay out more than i actually take home. Makes plenty of sense!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
lol yeah it's kind of disheartening when you see the scheme of things with what you could buy with the money and what not ... it's interesting non the less

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
All I gotta say is:

Meet the new boss, same as the old.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Want to really sicken yourselves? Experiment with the calculator using higher and lower annual pay amounts. At my current pay level, to pay off the bailout, my extortion amount (I REFUSE to use the term 'my share'. I despise that and will NOT accept any attempt to push a 'share' of this debt which was not approved by me in any way onto my or my family's shoulders.) increases by 35% above it's current level. Just for kicks I plugged in an annual salary of $150,000 with my family size and it kicked out only a 15% increase. It's a 2% increase by the time you reach a million (and largely everyone who benefitted from the bailout was above that tax bracket as well...) Now, if you're some poor schmuck who pulls in $30K a year with a family of 4, it jumps to a 198% increase above your current tax level!

What in the name of all creatures great and small is our government thinking? I now know why they all wear ties... it keeps the foreskins from rolling up over their faces.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
Now, if you're some poor schmuck who pulls in $30K a year with a family of 4, it jumps to a 198% increase above your current tax level!

Thats me right there, 32k a year and a 40-some-odd percent increase, talk about chapping the posterior.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Should I make out the $101,000 check to H. Reid or N. Pelosi?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

and it gets even worse if you have children. Let that stew for a moment... the more dependants you have (you know, kids... the little people that used to help buffer ridiculous tax rates?) the higher the percentage increase in this scenario goes. That makes it obscene.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

ya this is interesting you'd think they'd still get tax breaks due to the fact that they have more then themselves to worry about especially in these hard times

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101

The Bailout Calculator allows you to calculate how much the government has promised to take, from you personally. They are redistributing it to telecom companies, industry, and the airlines. Currently, $8,439,120,000,000 has been promised. What exactly will this cost you?

Calculator Here

This is an interesting tool that allows you to find out just how much this will cost your family with and without taxes added ...

It's kind of sad actually and upsetting ... after you find out just how much your family will be giving

[edit on 17-2-2009 by baseball101]

Well first off the dollar number in the OP is in the trillions....????
Is that BUSH's deficit spending?

I like it fine - we need one for the wars - one for banks - one for stimulus

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
$106,671

I checked the range of my salary as it goes up and down every year depending on how many months I take off. I don't know what the magic number is, but it caps out.

I played with it some more, your income has nothing to do with this deal.
Just how many in your family. That's not how taxes work. Still pretty neat and pisses you off at the same time.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This is from Right.com. Keep in mind that Right Wing politicians over the last 8 years are the ones that did this to us in the first place. If you're going to trust the numbers of a right wing website then you're a sucker.

The consequences of doing nothing are much worse than investing in our countries future with infrastructure projects. Go read a book by a reputable economist before spouting this nonsense.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkeye1717

what the heck are you talking about? right.org is not a right wing site ... it's for doing whats right ... you should do a little research before making those kinds of accusations.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkeye1717
This is from Right.com. Keep in mind that Right Wing politicians over the last 8 years are the ones that did this to us in the first place. If you're going to trust the numbers of a right wing website then you're a sucker.

The consequences of doing nothing are much worse than investing in our countries future with infrastructure projects. Go read a book by a reputable economist before spouting this nonsense.

Just how have right-wing politicians caused this?
Have you read the 'stimulus' bill? Infrastructure projects only account for about $50 billion.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

where on that site does it push for the right winger's agenda? last time i checked the site was just there for you to calculate how much $$$ the government's going to get out of you for the bailout's ...

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well it wouldn't let me calculate zero. SO i put one dollar as I figured this is how much whatever money I STILL HAVE will be worth.

Conclusion?

The lowest it will go is 10,000. I guess they think everyone WILL STILL BE WORKING.

HAHA

Even at 10,000 grand it's 1777 additional taxes each year. 296 percent increase.

Lol....the government can kiss my WHITE ASS! Where's the middle finger emoticon?? It's the only one justifiable to use for the government.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is from Right.com. Keep in mind that Right Wing politicians over the last 8 years are the ones that did this to us in the first place.

Well at least it's not from Wrong.com. What would that mean anyway?

Oh look at me.... jumping to conclusions.

They are both responsible for this mess. Face it.

top topics

join