It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videographer from/at home has tape of flight #3047 crash scene confiscated By State Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I just saw this on the news. I am on dialup and am trying to find a clip of it, someone else should beat me to it.

This upsets me, as a photographer

State police return conficated camera

A local resident who was video taping the crash scene from the roof of HIS OWN apartment building had the tape confiscated by the state police. The resident was not identified during the after interview with the news reported. He said the state police came into his apartment without knocking, searched his apartment and confiscated the tape he made.

The state police observed the man video taping from the roof from their helicopter and sent officers to confiscate it. The police initial reason was that the man had a 13 yr old child on the roof with him(flat roof btw), and that they took the tape because he was endangering a child.

He was taping near or during the time that the family's of the victims were paying their respects.

After they reviewed the tape and DID NOT find any evidence of either a child on the roof or any footage of the family's, they returned the tape.

The news then interviewed a civil rights lawyer who stated that they had no right to do what they did! They then interviewed the police spokesperson who said they believe they did nothing wrong.

Does anyone else find this repugnant? This man was on his own private property and they entered his house and took his property while violating his rights. Unreal.

I'm off to find the clip. Anyone want to help in that endeavor?

TheWelder

ps. Mods please move this if it's in the wrong area.

*edit to include link*

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TheWelder]

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TheWelder]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I can't find the video on the news site, perhaps because it was just on it hasn't been posted on the news site yet?

I was watching local channel 4 wivb

news site

And while perusing that site I see that the firefighter who was interviewed by the news was suspended for talking to the media. They said after the investigation he may be reinstated...he resigned!

Emotional Firefighter Suspended

TheWelder

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I hope he resigned so he could talk more about this without the chiefs permisson.

Thanks for finding this info.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
take him to court

if you want the tape that bad

why did he take it from you?

why didn't you upload it to youtube or to a internet website?

seems to me like that would be the proper thing to do with such a rare video

and you have to go to court you cannot get it probably any other way.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
take him to court

if you want the tape that bad

why did he take it from you?

why didn't you upload it to youtube or to a internet website?

seems to me like that would be the proper thing to do with such a rare video

and you have to go to court you cannot get it probably any other way.

Huh?...I didn't make the tape.
I'm trying to find the news story about the guy who made it, perhaps my original post wasn't clear?

TheWelder

top topics

join