It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: New bin Laden Tape Aired Offering Truce With European Countries

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Dubai news station Al Arabiya and Qatar-based Al Jazeera have aired a new seven minute audio tape purportedly from Osama bin Laden. The CIA has indicated, after analysis, that it believes the tape was made by bin Laden within the last few weeks.
UK officials have publicly stated, in response to the tape, that there will be no negotiation with bin Laden or Al Qaeda.

Sky.com

The voice on the tape offers a truce to European countries if they will stop "attacking" Muslims. He indicates there will be no truce for America, however.

The voice also promises revenge for Israel's killing of Hamas founder Ahmed Yassin.

The tape claims that the Madrid bombings on March 11th were revenge for Spain's involvement with Iraq, Afghanistan & Palestine. "...your goods returned to you so that you know security is a necessity for all."

In addition to the above, the voice also accuses America of profiting from the war in Iraq, "making billions of dollars for companies, whether those that make weapons or those that take part in reconstruction.� He named the US company Halliburton in reference to this.

If the tape is authenticated and proven to be the voice of bin Laden, the reference to Ahmed Yassin's March 22 death would show the al Qaeda leader was still alive as of one month ago.

Related Stories:
Reuters
Haaretz
FoxNews.com

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA, what a crap deal. But in hind sight spain might take a deal like that. If they were smart they would see that the war is not US vs. Muslims but it's Muslim's vs Western values so unless they plan to convert they won't be safe from the wako's.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Is it just me or are FOX and MSNBC watching our site? This is not the first time I have seen this happen, 10 min after you posted their Breaking News appeared. I have seen us have things before SKY News and the BBC, and the same thing happened. Hmmmm.

My 2 cents so far is.......It is probably an older tape, and since their is not a translation of the entire tape yet, I would assume their might be vague comments towards Isreal. We shall see....

I'm looking B.....

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Ah...our CIA asset speaks again. Just gives me warm tinglies all over to know he still loves us....

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
Ah...our CIA asset speaks again. Just gives me warm tinglies all over to know he still loves us....

Yeah really... you took the words right out of my mouth.

i love it how bin laden comes on in the midst of Bush facing some political heat... ALL OF THE FREAKING TIME.

And now for some sarcasm:
"The man spoke again! let's run for the hills! he means business right? Oh my god, where's my underground bombshelter electronic key? Aieeee!!!!"

I truly hope you people aren't acting this way after so many goddamned tapes. This is entertainment; nothing more. No legitimate terrorist is going to broadcast his/her intentions before they actually carry it out. That's like a crook announcing a bank-robbery a few days before they go out and pull the bust.

Or, it's like a drug cartel announcing their shipment of coc aine into Texas or Florida as soon as their facilities finish the latest batch of processed plants.

Or... (insert logical metaphor here)

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
If bin Laden is offering truce to European nations at this stage, maybe he's not as smart as I thought. I would think it to be a little early in his game to start offering truce. Seems he wouldn't have as much to gain until later, but then maybe things are happening faster than we realize in Europe.

No truce for America? You're breakin' my heart, bin Laden. Or whoever you are...

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
If bin Laden is offering truce to European nations at this stage, maybe he's not as smart as I thought. I would think it to be a little early in his game to start offering truce. Seems he wouldn't have as much to gain until later, but then maybe things are happening faster than we realize in Europe.

No truce for America? You're breakin' my heart, bin Laden. Or whoever you are...

DeltaChaos

Not that I like to repeat myself but maybe I just wasn't clear.

"Divide and conquer" seems to be the strategy.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Bin Laden doesnt seem to understand that most of Europe are allies and have the same principles as we do. They also are the majority who always asks for American aid and assistance involving wars, Kosovo, all of WWII, NATO operations, etc....Europe knows, or at least I hope that they know that America is only the 1st step in OBL's threat to the world and his aim is western principles and not American imperialism as so many want to call it.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Emmanuel Goldstein speaks. Have you done your "Two Minutes Hate" today, comrades??

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
FOX has an update with some quotes:

"We vow before God to take revenge for him from America for this, God willing." apparently refering to Sheik Ahmed Yassin's assination

The message also denounced the U.S. war on Iraq, saying it was making "billions of dollars" for companies, "whether those that make weapons or those that take part in reconstruction," naming the American firm Halliburton.

This does not sound to me like anything OBL would say, this is totally different from any other tape of 'him'.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by mepatriot
Emmanuel Goldstein speaks. Have you done your "Two Minutes Hate" today, comrades??

Thanks for reminding me of that important character from 1984. You are probably one of the best teachers in the American school system that's left, mepatriot. For those of us who haven't read that book or don't recall, Emmanuel Goldstein and his Brotherhood can be easily compared to OBL and his Al Qaeda.

en.wikipedia.org...

"In the novel, Goldstein, rumored to be a former top member of the ruling (and sole) political party, Ingsoc, who had broken away early in the movement and started an organization known as "The Brotherhood" dedicated to the fall of the Party. However, in the course of the novel, we learn that we will never know whether either "The Brotherhood" or Goldstein himself actually ever existed."

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Like I said before, I'll believe it's Bin Laden when there's a video of him holding a current newspaper. Otherwise, it's most likely whatever is left of AQ's leadership trying to prove to it's troops that their Fearless Leader isn't dead in the ground or fragged into a million pieces.

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Thanks Omega,

Actually they fired me...I was too controversial.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
hmmm it seems Dr.Evil is at it again. Yet another mind numbing scheme to take over the globe, shall I call the Supersexy Superspy Austin Danger Powers to the job...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Do you remember the video of the "fat Osama" with the wider nose? Guys, all of this stuff is being stage-managed by "Bin Laden's" (i.e. "Tim Osman's") handlers at the CIA.

Remember Buzzy Krongard's (former CIA deputy directors) massive put options on those AMR contracts just before 9/11 via A.B. Brown & Co./Deutsche Bank...wonder why he never went back to collect his profits??

JON

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I read the story at this site.

www.albawaba.com

Another strange statement made by "Bin Laden" is repaying the US for the assassination of Yassin. Last I checked it was Israel that killed him.

Did something happen that I did'nt notice, like al queda getting the upper hand in this war? It's unbeleivable that they're trying give the west an ultimatum. It just boggles my mind.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I just read about this on BBC i was goona post it luckily i didnt.

I reckon its too lte for a truce think of the damage that his terrorist network has done. i mean what a cheeky sod OBL is
offering a truce now.

But it shows he's a scared rabbit.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
You don't offer a truce to your enemies unless you have won the war or are in a weak position.
Bin Laden certainly hasn't won anything.

Europe has the same dislike of Al Qaeda as the US. It's highly unlikely that they will negotiate with terrorists. I can't even see a split occuring between nations in Europe over this. Every country in Europe knows that it needs to combat Islamic extremism. It's completely unlikely that Bin Laden is unaware of European government policy. Although some are already stating that this could split Europe, they really are talking fantasy. Europe is almost one country - it won't fall apart because of an offer by a terrorist. There isn't a single government who will take up the offer of a truce against Islamic extremism.

Don't get this mixed up with events in Iraq. The action over there is seen as an entirely different thing. Pulling troops out of Iraq cannot be deemed as bowing to Bin Laden or negotiating with him. Iraq is not seen by Europe as a war on Bin Laden, a war against Islam or even against terrorism. Iraq has no bearing in this case.

Countries like Spain may be against the US occupation of Iraq but they see Al Qaeda as just a big a threat as the US does, if not more as they are so close to North Africa.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Lets assume this tape is real. If so....

This is great...the only times you would want a truce is if your getting your arse handed to you and need time to regroup

Or there were too many enimies for you to focus on at once

This definatly seems like a divide and conquer strategy.
He's trying to give a more pleasent carrot to his terroristic stick to europe...i hope they dont bite into that carrot.

Why only a 3 month truce? Why not indefinate as long as those nations that cave into this keep themselves out of his mess? Hmm, sounds like some kind of timeline OBL's thinking about eh?
LESSON TO EUROPEANS....YOU CAN BE SAFE, BUT ONLY FOR A SHORT TIME!!!!! AND ONLY IF YOU GIVE IN TO A THREAT!

The hidden message is, pull out or you will be attacked, not youll get peace if you appease me.
This is a threat just like any other.

What garuntee does or can the terrorists give you that they will abide by their word on this? Kinda hard to verify that their not doing anything against you when theyre hiding to start with.

I think OBL sees that instead of recruiting many to his cause, he sees things not going too well, and muslim countries not too wild about having the guns of the USA put to their heads like Packistan, or Libya... Even Egypt or Saudi Arabia...all of whom recently started to work with the USA more instead of him and his cause.

His world is shrinking and he know's it....

Now lets talk conspiracys
This again would be great for the cia....
lets say spain does go thru with their stated withdrawl....all the cia has to do is blow up some more of spain, blame al queda, and ill bet the spanish peoples heads spin right back around and they rejoin us. Whats al queda to do, say it wasnt us? LOL

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CazMedia
Now lets talk conspiracys
This again would be great for the cia....
lets say spain does go thru with their stated withdrawl....all the cia has to do is blow up some more of spain, blame al queda, and ill bet the spanish peoples heads spin right back around and they rejoin us. Whats al queda to do, say it wasnt us?

This is why I said don't confuse Iraq with Al Qaeda.
Spain's new government has always been against war in Iraq on the grounds that it is not a war against terrorism.
The Spanish government is highly active in the actual War on Terrorism though. Iraq is nothing to do with that war as far as they are concerned.

Any attack on Spanish soil is highly unlikely to change policy over Iraq. The government there has already made it's decision and another terrorist atrocity is likely to do nothing to their plans to pull out - especially as the attacks in Madrid are now being blamed on an autonomous group.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join