It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Tasers Handcuffed, Crying man 3 times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This is another one of those videos that made me sick to watch.

Yeah, the guy is an emotional wreck, and yeah he's way over the top with the sobbing, and yeah he's not following orders to get up.

BUT---This using the taser as a PAIN COMPLIANCE WEAPON, to force the guy to get up is BS. The guy isn't physically fighting, struggling,or acting in a threatening manner, he's just not standing up.

The offense this guy is being cuffed and arrested for to begin with? Refusing to sign a traffic citation.

This officer should have called for back up, then had two or more officers stand the guy up, and place him in the vehicle. Electrocuting a non-violent, non-threatening suspect 3 seperate times is disgusting.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
That's a disturbing video. Not only was the cop using his Taser as a 'pain compliance device', but it was an obviously ineffective compliance device. Yet he still zapped him a second and third time.

This guy did not appear to be a threat to himself or others.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The effect of a taser is loss of muscle control, i.e. the person being 'tased' collapses. So how is it helpful in standing the man up to use a tool/weapon against him which will prevent him from doing that? I would love to hear the defense/justification for that.

NWA said what else I would like to say already under the circumstances, so I don't have to.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
just to note....he did not want to "sign" the speeding ticket.

disturbing to say the least.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I thought you had the right to not sign the speeding ticket if you so desired? Wow that is a blatant abuse of authority for no discernible reason. Apparently Officer A-hole just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I wouldn't just sign anything anyone including our PM himself or the Queen of England shoved at me. Police Officers are public servants, they're not SS agents.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree here that he shouldn't have been tasered. I just don't know what to say. I'm just glad that this is a rare senario.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Who's the makeup wearing mouth on that video saying it was good for the Cop to do it?
I want to know where he lives, he needs a serious reality check.
Look at his big choppers and mouth going up and down trying to defend something that is un defendable.
You don't tase people for being difficult, that IS NOT what they were designed for.
What did they use before tasers?
They didn't shoot people for not doing as they were told.
Why are they so lazy now they just tase people?
Why would you arrest someone, for a damn speeding ticket?
That is completely retarded, and whoever made that law to arrest people for not signing a speeding ticket.Needs to be sent to prison for treason.
Cop gives you the ticket, if you eat it, that's your problem.
You don't have to sign anything.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpriebe81
I thought you had the right to not sign the speeding ticket if you so desired?

That's correct. At that point, the police arrest you. Signing the ticket is an agreement to appear in court or otherwise deal with the charges; it's offered as an alternative to arrest.

And, in my opinion, it doesn't matter at all what this guy was arrested for. Once the officer decides to make an arrest, the same standard regarding the use of force should be applied to everyone. The only thing that matters with regard to why he was arrested is whether the office has indication, by nature of the crime, whether the suspect may be potentially violent. Even so, I believe a prudent officer treats everyone as being potentially violent. And that prudence never excuses unnecessary use of force.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

More proof that tasers make cops lazy.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
That thug cop should be held down and tortuired just he does to others. We need a revenge squad in this nation that dealsm with cops like this: just disappear the filthy cop and his pals will start to wake up and see that the people will not tolerate such crimes against us.

Pain as an excuse for not ujsing your hands is sick: The thug cops today have NO GUTS!! All they can do is use force, far too much of it, rather than bend over and grab someone. It sickens me that this cop, this scum, is still using the air we all need.

If only all the thug cops had but one neck I could snap!!

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Alex Jones is right -- when you have a corrupt government you will get a gestapo type police department.

As Alex says, used to be we had a quarter of the police we had now and when a crime occurred, a theft, murder, mugging, whatever, the police would be all over it like bloodhounds.

Now we have four times the police and can't get one to come to the house after a robbery or a crime and they don't even care or try to solve the crime.

Instead they are harassing, brutalizing the public, shaking us down, outright stealing, and soon they will be kicking down our doors to take our guns and haul us off to a concentration camp.

When the government is corrupt, the people who are hired to enforce the "law" are instead covering for criminals and become criminal themselves in the process. The good cops quit, the bad guys get promoted.

That's how it goes. Everybody knows.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
That thug cop should be held down and tortuired just he does to others.

I believe that's called "becoming your enemy".

I can understand the frustration, and it's certainly true that the price of freedom from oppression is eternal vigilance. But that's going too far; there are still legal avenues available to address these problems.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Do you ever add anything to a discussion besides cop bashing and your hatred towards them?

Serioulsy, I hope you never require the assistance of a police officer in your life, I honestly mean that, however, should the day ever come that you do, I hope that there is one there for you or a family member and that maybe you'll reconsider your stance.

Not all cops are bad, get? I doubt you will, so I'll say it again, out of all the police officers we have yes there are some crooked cops, the number has to be small compared to the number of good cops who take their job seriously and do the job the way it's meant to be done.

You obviously have your reasons for hating cops and thats you're right, but to keep saying it and saying it.... why not try joining in on some popular discussions or something that isn't so negative all the time, you might actually like it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by houdanny
I agree here that he shouldn't have been tasered. I just don't know what to say. I'm just glad that this is a rare senario.

It's not rare at all. I understand 400 people died last year from tazers.

Police brutality is the norm today.

Look how people are treated in the airport -- made to take off the shoes, walk in front of a machine that makes you naked to some creep who stares at you, ordered around like you were a, uh, ...terrorist.

A million people are listed as "potential terrorists" and put on a no fly list, for no reason. The only terrorists from 9/11 are the people in the government. Now the new Obama legislation will deny people guns if they had a DUI or ever had a script for an antidepressant or ritalin. This is not abuse?

The police are out daily shaking down the public, a public that's out of work and broke.

I've seen tons of these police brutality films. It is as common as chemtrails -- which is COMMON.

Ever watched Alex Jones' documentaries on Police State I, Police State II?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by eyewitness86

Do you ever add anything to a discussion besides cop bashing and your hatred towards them?

Serioulsy, I hope you never require the assistance of a police officer in your life, I honestly mean that, however, should the day ever come that you do, I hope that there is one there for you or a family member and that maybe you'll reconsider your stance.

Not all cops are bad, get? I doubt you will, so I'll say it again, out of all the police officers we have yes there are some crooked cops, the number has to be small compared to the number of good cops who take their job seriously and do the job the way it's meant to be done.

You obviously have your reasons for hating cops and thats you're right, but to keep saying it and saying it.... why not try joining in on some popular discussions or something that isn't so negative all the time, you might actually like it.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by elevatedone]

Most of us have required the assistance of a police officer, and most of us didn't get it.

It's rare when you actually get help. The good cops are all quitting or getting pushed out of the force. There's four times as many cops but when you need them they either won't come or if they do come they don't do anything or if they do something it's to come down on the person calling for help. Ever see that one abouat the poor lady who got beat up and called the police, and they threw her into their police van, strip searched her, (with men watching), and threw her naked in a cell? Remember that one that was on TV a year ago? Usually they aren't on TV. But there's a lot of them up on You Tube, these shocking outright murders by psychocops.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What are we going to do when all of us are subjected to this kind of treatment, or worse? What will you do when they come for you in the night, to take you to one of those dungeons to be tortured or killed?

If you are a police officer or in the military, what will you do when you're ordered to go at night and abduct American citizens?

Remember the killing squads we used to read about in South America?

The people are waking up and getting sick of the abuse. So what's next? What are the secret police in America going to do to crush us, to keep us down?

During the election, there was one story on TV that the police department announced they would arrest anybody who criticized Obama. Is this not like Nazi Germany?

Does anybody seriously think we can get our freedom and Republic back? Will the police help us or work for the criminals running the government?

top topics

join