It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Alien Encounter v.s. Sleep Paralysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
For the longest time I couldn't remember my dreams, but a couple of years ago I started to recall them with more regularity.
About 8 months ago I fell asleep and had the most vivid "dream" of my life. In the beginning I am lying in bed at the house I grew up in as a child when suddenly I am aware of something standing in the doorway. I try to look up and say hello, but I can hardly move. At this point I am extremely terrified, and with all my power I am able to fall off the bed to my hands and feet but cannot lift up my head to see who is there, and suddenly I black out. What seems like instantly after that I am able to open my eyes to see an Alien looking me dead in the eye. The Alien looked female in appearance, but not like the typical gray. She looked more like a human, but definately not, with large eyes a bit smaller the pool balls. As I open my eyes she says to me, telepathically and VERY menacing, "Why are you so hot?" Directly after that I awoke in my bedroom sweating and very hot.
So I thought that it was similar to sleep paralysis, since I couldn't move and was aware of my surroundings. And this satisfied me until I actually expierenced sleep paralysis. While lying in bed my wife and I were watching tv when I dozed off. Suddenly I was awake, but completely paralized. I could hear the tv and knew my wife was next to me but couldn't move, which scared me. I tried and tried to move, telling myself "fight this, fight this and wake up" but nothing. I was so frightened I tried to scream to hopefully wake up my wife, but nothing came out. Finally, my phone alerts me to a received email, and snaps me out of the paralysis.
This episode was very differnet then the previous dream. It felt differnet and emotionally was different. I don't remember any Alien abductions when I was younger, but there was something that strikes me as odd. During that time in my life, often when I would go to bed I would literally be unable to fall asleep because of a very intense ringing in my ears that would seam to come and go.
Anyways, just wanted to share my story since the menacing face of the female alien asking my why I was so hot, as if being punished, is burned into my memory.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i used to get this alot the paralasys isnt the same every time,on a number of occasions i thought that there was someone there in the room just where i couldnt see them or another time it was like something small running around the bed below my eye level that i couldnt see...its just your brain playing tricks in your half awake half asleep state.

I found that the paralasys stopped when i stopped going out partying and staying up all night with the help of some chemicals

ronan,ireland.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I get sleep paralysis all the time. Its only scarey for me when I "sense" some menacing presence standing beside me or if I hear loud foot steps walking toward me. But that usually doesnt happen and Ive gotten pretty good at waking myself up.

I tend to just relax for alittle bit though it is alittle uncomfortable. Than after a short while my dream body will get up and Im in a weird lucid dream.

Your alien encounter could have just been a dream. You dont want to rule that completely out. So... Why were you so hot?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
yeah i used to get that all the time. once i couldnt move and sensed 3 black things standing around my bed. its like tripping harder then on any drugs. i can snap out quick now though

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

Thanks for the reply, you know i'm not sure why I was so hot that night. I always keep my a/c on 72, it is programmed, Hmmmmm....

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I used to get sleep paralysis attacks quite often. Not once did I ever have a visual hallucination, but auditory hallucinations were frequent. I once was laying on my stomach experiencing an attack when out of nowhere I hear this mixture between a scream of terror and a growl, right in my ear. Soon after I snapped out of my attack. I remember that horrible sound and have never heard anything else like it. Truly terrifying to the core.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

That would be scarey! In my case I can't necessarily say I hallucinated. In the first case I guess it would be called a dream about sleep paralysis, and the second case I didn't see or hear anything out of the ordinary, but the feeling of being captive was pretty scary. Another thing that is weird is the email alert that snapped me out of it was sent from my mother, however she swears she sent the email hours before....

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Interesting dream. I get sleep paralysis very often - I guess you can say I am used to it.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I've had sleep paralysis all my life, I have also been into sci-fi since around age 4 (Star Trek TOS, Space 1999, Thunderbirds, Joe 90 ect ect) and never ever have I had any hallucinations or experiences of weird noises, aliens ect
so I severly doubt it has anything to do with that, other than your own wild imagination

Its still a scary feeling being unable to move..I usually have to 'scream' myself awake to snap out of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Check out my thread "WTH is visiting me at night????"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had sleep paralysis for some time – thinking it was aliens. You'll realize both of your episodes are sleep paralysis related.

[edit on 20-2-2009 by andre18]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
you probably got abducted you lose time when it happens, maybe that's
why you recieved the email late.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have sleep paralysis for over two years now. I know how it works and the reason for it.

The body shuts down in sleep to prevent reliving the dream in reality while sleeping and potentially harming yourself.

Most people have it when they wake up. They can't move arms and legs. Turn head very difficultly and barely speak or move. I dispel it by focusing on my fingertips, once they move I can reactivate my arms and a split second alter the rest of the body.

The only screwy thing I have is that I get sleep paralysis BEFORE I go to sleep. It is related to my back, since I only get it when sleeping on my back. But dispelling it goes the same way (thou of course it reappers once I go sleeping on my back again).

A side effect of sleep paralysis is the seeing of faint figures or shades in the corner of your eyes. This is due to you brain receiving not enough info and thus having to make something out of it. This causes many of the shadows and 'headman' that are reported due to misunderstood sleep paralysis syndromes.

As someone that is suffering from sleep paralysis for long term I can however garanty that my own experience ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) was not related to sleep pralysis.

new topics

top topics

join