It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Destructive Parasite on Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
HUMANS!

With the evidence of our current and past lifestyles it is clear that the human species is nothing more than a parasite or rodent. We destroy and consume everything in our path with little to no remorse for our actions. People think that the human race is far superior to any other life on this planet but by looking at our actions and our disgusting habits it seems that we are not as smart as many people believe.

Each and everday we continue to destroy and consume thinking about nothing but ourselves. Other species live pure lives and contribute to the natural cycle of life while humans do everything they can to disrupt the natural flow of nature.

This outlook may offend some people but after talking about this with some friends it is clear that we are a very efficient parasite sucking out every resource we can from our host, the Earth.

What do you guys think? Is this assumption way off base or does this ring true for you? Let me know what you think

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have always thought that, the Earth can get along just fine without us, it's like we don't belong, or we were put here by something.
Here is a video you may like:
Life After People
A must watch!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Absolute nonsense the Earth needs us we are the best thing that has ever happened to it.

The most destructive parasite on earth are cats and their Toxoplasma gondii now the earth really doesn't need them.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
I have always thought that, the Earth can get along just fine without us, it's like we don't belong, or we were put here by something.
Here is a video you may like:
Life After People
A must watch!

I watched Life After People when it first aired it is a pretty fascinating show to say the least.

I agree the Earth can get along just fine witout us except for maybe the wildlife that has become dependent on sifting through our dumpsters and landfills for food.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
Absolute nonsense the Earth needs us we are the best thing that has ever happened to it.

Can you please explain why the Earth "needs" us. What have we done for the Earth? I don't understand your logic.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree as well. Believe me I did not contribute to this by having children to perpetuate the misery either.
Its like when the plane went down in the Hudson due to a bird strike I thought thank god everone was alright but birds are supposed to be in the air, airplanes are not, man put them there(airplanes) and then gets pissed off when one hits a bird.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamanator

I hope that was sarcasm

Beware of the claws

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This is the thread I like, support your local NWO office in wiping out this scerge. We need a massive population decrease in each and every country and quiet frankly the fact that it hasn't been done yet makes me wonder if the NWO actually exists.... If they do they're a bunch of boring business men, not the mad fanatical maniacs I wish they were.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well I guessed what this was about just from your username OP.

WE do not have to be parasites. We just choose to be.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was one who bought in to the idea that there are too many people on the planet, i agreed and held it close, really believed it, up until recently.When i came across a video series from Australia, where they did the math. all of earths people, all 6 billion plus could fit into Australia on a half acre each with much of Queensland left over. it's not the number of people, it is how we are organized. Shopping, consuming and throwing away. as if there is no limit or consequence to it. But then again we are taught and convinced that this is the way. Just as we are taught debt instruments ( Fiat Money) is real and debts created out of thin air by the System belong to us. i think rather than rail against too many people, it would be more useful to examine the assumptions that underlie our "Society", Just because you were taught things by a system does not make them true. Humanity, We the people, need to wake up and take a good hard look at the system and what it has wrought, without getting caught up in the emotionally loaded phrases and system buzzwords designed to manipulate us on an unconscious level.
People take the time do the work remember how to think, it isn't easy, but then what really and truly worth having ever is ?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I tend to think of humans as more of a plague than a parasite. A parasite will hop off it's host when it's done feeding. A plague, disease, virus, etc. will swarm its host until the host dies. Concerned with nothing but consuming and reproducing. That's sounds a bit closer to me.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Let me make it clear that I do not support depopulation in any form so don't even come at me from that angle

My username is a song title from my favorite artist nothing more nothing less but I can see how you would make that connection.

Here is a link to a short vid of a guy making his point about the human race and I totally agree with his standpoint. Our number are fine, it's the way we manage ourselves that is not.

www.t5m.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I tend to think of humans as more of a plague than a parasite. A parasite will hop off it's host when it's done feeding. A plague, disease, virus, etc. will swarm its host until the host dies. Concerned with nothing but consuming and reproducing. That's sounds a bit closer to me.

Thats one way to look at it but once we figure out how to colonize the solar system we may just be hopping off Earth to resume our feeding.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
nevermind..

I see no conspiracy here...

[edit on 17-2-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can deny that humans do some very wasteful and destructive things to this planet we call home.

But you're only looking at one side of it. We're also the most creative lifeform on the planet. Poetry, art, language, music, thought, reason, philosophy, exchange of ideas.

One could just as easily look around and ask what the other species of life contribute?

A lion is born. It's life consists of nothing but hunting and killing other life so that it can survive and give birth to more lions who will do the same.

Where is the meaning? What's the point?

Humans might not have all the answers, but at least they are able to ask questions. At least they are able to recognize and appreciate the natural beauty of a lion taking down its prey.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by quango
I don't think anyone can deny that humans do some very wasteful and destructive things to this planet we call home.

But you're only looking at one side of it. We're also the most creative lifeform on the planet. Poetry, art, language, music, thought, reason, philosophy, exchange of ideas.

One could just as easily look around and ask what the other species of life contribute?

A lion is born. It's life consists of nothing but hunting and killing other life so that it can survive and give birth to more lions who will do the same.

Where is the meaning? What's the point?

Humans might not have all the answers, but at least they are able to ask questions. At least they are able to recognize and appreciate the natural beauty of a lion taking down its prey.

Very Insightful post quango the things you said are very true. Im not trying to typecast the human race as an evil thing becuase I agree that there are qualities about us that are absolutely beautiful and should not be overlooked.

The goal of this post was to make people think about how we are living our lives and that some things need to change for us to continue enjoying our planet.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
That's a good point. We're rather like fleas then that haven't learned how to jump. Does that make the NWO depopulation plots rather like a flea collar? Unfortunately fleas don't get to engage in propaganda and subterfuge, or so-called logic for that matter, to determine which of them gets to march into the mysterious cloud of white powder that falls on their landscape.

To quango, you make a point. But I would say that the lion that you admire doesn't care a bit about your appreciation of its beauty at all. Only that you're juicy and will fill its belly. And what does the earth need with poetry or art or music? What do other species do that's so special? Nothing. That's the point. They exist to perpetuate life. Nothing more, nothing less.

If I sound scornful of humans, I'm not. I just question the idea that the things humans do that only humans appreciate have any real value to anything other than humans. It's an issue of ego. It's the brown log in our collective gene pool.

Truth is, the earth won't last forever no matter how good of custodians we are. And when that happens, all the art, poetry, music, songs and garbage will go with us. In the end, none of it has any real value when viewed in the perspective of the finite time that is our existence.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
every living organisim on the face of the earth can technicaly be classified as a parasite...we just became the most dominant and powerful, if you have issue with that too bad. by your screen name "toomanyhumans" im guessing you are a self-loathing organism....well to do your antihuman "movment" a favor you should just end yourself. you would just make the aearth a greener and better place, right

[edit on 17-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You think you are important enough to make these decisions that human beings are parasites and rodents and are destroying the earth?
You sound mentally ill.
You to are a human being.
So is your family.
Yet you believe they are rodents and parasites?
Do you not think the Earth itself, can look after itself, without your pity?
Do you not think, something as huge as the Earth, does not know what its doing when it comes to these things?
Do you not think that, the Earth, could change whatever it wants, whenever and however it wants, without your pathetic help?
I take offense when you call the species me and my family belong to, a rodent and a parasite.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
by your screen name "toomanyhumans" im guessing you are a self-loathing organism....well to do your antihuman "movment" a favor you should just end yourself. you would just make the aearth a greener and better place, right

[edit on 17-2-2009 by invisibleman11]

I already explained my user name so if you would have bothered to read the post you may have cought that is a name of a song by my favorite artist, and as for being a self-loathing organism that could'nt be further from the truth.

Thanks for trying to attack my character tho, and by the way telling someone to kill themselves is pretty darn classy. Congrats on that I guess.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join