It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's bin Laden? Science narrows it down to 3 locations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Where's bin Laden? Science may hold the answer

www.usatoday.com

A research team led by geographer Thomas Gillespie of the University of California-Los Angeles used geographic analytical tools that have been successful in locating urban criminals and endangered species.

Basing their conclusion on nighttime satellite images and other techniques, the scientists suggest bin Laden may well be in one of three compounds in Parachinar, a town 12 miles from the Pakistan border. The research incorporates public reports of bin Laden's habits and whereabouts since his flight from the Tora Bora region of Afghanistan in 2001.

The results, reported in the MIT International Review, are being greeted with polite but skeptical interest among people involved in the hunt for bin Laden, the al-Qaeda leader behind 9/11. Bin Laden's whereabouts are considered "one of the most important political questions of our time," the study notes.

"I've never really believed the sitting-in-a-cave theory. That's the last place you would want to be bottled up," Gillespie says. The study's real value, he says, is in combining satellite records of geographic locations, patterns of nighttime electricity use and population-detection methods to produce a technique for locating fugitives.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2/17/2009 by die_another_day]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

"Island biographic theory suggests bin Laden would end up in the biggest and least isolated city of the region," Gillespie says, one among about 26 towns within a 20-mile distance of Tora Bora.

"To really improve the model, you would need to include intelligence data from 2001 to 2006," Gillespie says. "It has been eight years. Honestly, I think it is time to be more open. This is a very important issue for the public."

The study also makes assumptions that bin Laden might need:

• Medical treatment, requiring electricity in an urban setting.

• Security combining few bodyguards and isolation that requires a walled compound.

• Tree cover to shield outdoor activities from aircraft.

Personally, I thought Bin Laden would be in some high tech cave some where, but guess not; do the least expected =D.

And Wow, just like that? CIA can't do it but a few geographers can?

So... shouldn't Bin Laden be dead by now if this is true?

And also, I won't be surprised if the CIA used tactical nukes on those places.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
WTH? Why would they release this information. Couldn't he just move to another location now. I'm confused by this.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's also very likely that he is in fact already dead, as has been widely reported by the newsmedia overseas in many different countries. He does make a wonderful scapegoat though, doesn't he?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Bin Laden is probably sitting somewhere in a highrise in the middle of downtown Saudi Arabia checking out the room service menu. Just my thought.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

he's dead this is just another piece of crap that gets published to make the ignorant people believe he's still alive ... click the link in my signature about osama and u will soon agree ...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
OBL is rocking the cradle with his 72 virgins.

At least that is my theory of where he is.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
bin ladin is dead,he died of kidney problems about five years ago

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Am I only one who believes Bin Laden is dead?
I won't get into him having to live on a Dialysis machine 24/7 to stay alive... but anyways.

Few days before 9/11, he was in an American made military Hospital in the Middle-East, think it was Qatar? Given Roses and fruit baskets?

Also, he is a cia-trained operative, who then trained members of "Al-Queda" to, at that time, attack Russians.

His family, parts of, have control of most of the Contractors that are building American bases in middle-east [Maybe not anymore, but they did before 9/11].

He even denied responsiblity for 9/11, then few months later he came on tv and said he was to blame. but the guy was 3x as dark, super huge nose, about 50 lbs heavier and different beard lol

It's funny how Alex Jones is called crazy, but got insider words that 2 months before 9/11 that it was gonna happen and we must look towards the American gov't and not Bin-Laden.. whom he assumed, and was right, would be convicted of such crimes.

Call me a kookly AJ listener, but everything he said there is a MSM article to follow. He does go deeper than the rabbit hole sometimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I am 95% sure his body, or the remnants of it, are somewhere on the planet Earth. (Unless they launched it into space.)

80% sure he's in Asia

75% sure he's either in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
shouldn't Bin Laden be dead by now if this is true?

So you're absolutely certain, that Osama Bin Laden represents a threat to the CIA?.. He's not working with them?

It doesn't matter if he's dead or alive. His task seems to be over at the moment.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majorion

Originally posted by die_another_day
shouldn't Bin Laden be dead by now if this is true?

So you're absolutely certain, that Osama Bin Laden represents a threat to the CIA?.. He's not working with them?

It doesn't matter if he's dead or alive. His task seems to be over at the moment.

For the purpose of instilling "hope" on the Western populous, I would say yes, CIA is trying to "kill" Osama.

Whether they do it or not, we won't know. Whether the media will receive the news that Osama is dead or not, yes.

top topics

join