It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of WW#3?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
This war with Iraq. More and more countries are getting dragged into the mix due to the capture of their people, who have taken civilian jobs over there. Do you see this as the start of WW#3?

[Edited on 15-4-2004 by goose]

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's a good starting point for so-called "WW3" theories.

do a search on it, and you'll find all you need- because it's been brought up many times.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
www.abovetopsecret.com...

that's a good starting point for so-called "WW3" theories.

do a search on it, and you'll find all you need- because it's been brought up many times.

True, I'm sure it has been brought up lots of times but my point is that it might begin due to the hostage taking and execution of hostages that is taking place in Iraq currently, and since that is a new thing I was asking if perhaps that could drag other countries into the mix and start WW#3.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I don't really see it adding many new countries- just expanding the level of involvement of the countries currently there.

due in part to deaths and hostage taking, and in part to the ever increasing US presence, and the hostility it is causing there.

we'll need other countries to help calm Iraq down- the insurgents and such- so i think we'll see other countries having increasing roles very soon.

or backing out completely, and leaving us S.O.L.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
are you saying other countries would join WITH the US or AGAINST the US?

If they are with the US, no, because no one will F with the US.

If you are sayingg that other countries go against the US, maybe - but it's their funeral

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I think there will be many countries against us and many for us.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

If you are sayingg that other countries go against the US, maybe - but it's their funeral

As Powerful as the USA is, they're not invicible... If only one other country with a decent military (say russia, china, france, or germany) went and backed the Iraqi resistance the US would be screwed... they are having enough trouble there now against badly-equipt civilians, imagine how #ed they'd be with a trained well-equipt military resisting them... if only that very thing would happen and the USA were put in their place...

As for this becoming WWIII, i think WWIII has already happened, it wasnt like the first two world wars, it was a cold war, the cold war in fact... WW4 it may be, if this phony 'war on terror' escalates and people gradually get more and more pissed off at the states. Eventually a country with power will say enough is enough... But the hostage thing wont trigger that

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
If only one other country with a decent military (say russia, china, france, or germany) went and backed the Iraqi resistance the US would be screwed... they are having enough trouble there now against badly-equipt civilians, imagine how #ed they'd be with a trained well-equipt military resisting them

don't be mistaken.
if the US was actually in a "war" situation they could beat anybody.
by "war", I mean, politcally able to just shoot the hell out of everything and everyone.

the US is only having trouble because they're trying not to shoot ANYONE.
nothing of iraq would still be standing and everyone would be dead if the goal was to "win a war" against iraq.

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

don't be mistaken.
if the US was actually in a "war" situation they could beat anybody.
by "war", I mean, politcally able to just shoot the hell out of everything and everyone.

the US is only having trouble because they're trying not to shoot ANYONE.
nothing of iraq would still be standing and everyone would be dead if the goal was to "win a war" against iraq.

Maybe if there was only one opponent... but the US cannot take on the world (maybe nuclear strikes, but they'd get nuked back pretty quick too), as powerful as you like to think the US is they are not invincible... and if you put politics aside and anyone could attack anyone imagine how many countries would have declared war on the USA already... enough to knock them off their hih horse thats for sure

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

Originally posted by American Mad Man

As Powerful as the USA is, they're not invicible... If only one other country with a decent military (say russia, china, france, or germany) went and backed the Iraqi resistance the US would be screwed... they are having enough trouble there now against badly-equipt civilians, imagine how #ed they'd be with a trained well-equipt military resisting them... if only that very thing would happen and the USA were put in their place...

As for this becoming WWIII, i think WWIII has already happened, it wasnt like the first two world wars, it was a cold war, the cold war in fact... WW4 it may be, if this phony 'war on terror' escalates and people gradually get more and more pissed off at the states. Eventually a country with power will say enough is enough... But the hostage thing wont trigger that

Dude, you are severly underestimating the US military and overestimating the others.

You mention Russia, China, Germany, and France.

Russia - does not have the infrastructure to get in a war. They are poor. Little of their military is actually battle worthy. They are still quite mighty, but not a threat to the US unless the US tries to invade them, as they simply couldn't wage war on us if they wanted.

China - HAHAHAHA!!!!! Those 2 million soldiers would need a lot of guys to dig 2 million graves. Sorry man, but the US is at its BEST when we have clearly defined ground targets. A MOAB here another there - no more army. Now let's talk about their navy..... errrrr wait, they don't really have one. OK, their Airforce? Their "brand new" plane they just made is a 3rd rate version of a 30 year old US design with bad avionics and hardware. In a word, no.

Germany - Again, no. They are some great worriers, but the US would own them.

France - you have to be joking me

you say eventually some one is going to say enough is enough. WHO? NO ONE will stand up to the US on their own - even if they had allies they wouldn't. Why? Because the US is the most powerful military force man has ever known. Not the Greeks. Not the Romans. Not Imerialistic England. Not Napoleanic France. Not Nazi Germany. Right now the US is top dog. And this being a conspiracy forum, should we get into what they would pull out of the magic hat if there were a serious threat to national security?

To give you an Idea of the US military budget it is 399 BILLION.
Now lets add all the countries you mentioned (Russia-65B, China-47B, Germany-24.9, and France-29.5). Now let's multiply that by 2. that Equals 332.8 Billion - still far less then that of the US military.

Alternatively, lets add the 2nd through 21st highest military budgets in the wrold. That would include Russia, China, Japan, the UK, France, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Italy, India, South Korea, Brazil, Taiwan, Isreal, Spain, Australia, Canada, the Netherlands, Turkey, Mexico, and the Ukraine. Those countrie budgets all add up to 396.7 Billion - still less then that of the US. And I included the UK, Japan, Isreal, Taiwan, Australia, and Canada in their, all of which would NOT attack the US. Your Idea that the US is not invincable is correct. I just think the US is as close as you can get.

On a side note - If you think we spend a lot now, try 1985 - the budget was 1.2 TRILLION. I think we should double our current budget and make good old Ron Ron proud!

www.infoplease.com...

top topics

join