It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Intel Chiefs Shocking Warning: Wall Street's Disaster Has Spawned Our Greatest Terrorist Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

U.S. Intel Chief's Shocking Warning: Wall Street's Disaster Has Spawned Our Greatest Terrorist Threat

www.alternet.org

We have a remarkable ability to create our own monsters. A few decades of meddling in the Middle East with our Israeli doppelganger and we get Hezbollah, Hamas, al-Qaida, the Iraqi resistance movement and a resurgent Taliban. Now we trash the world economy and destroy the ecosystem and sit back to watch our handiwork.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[edit on 17-2-2009 by brill]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This article raises some of the concerns that I've personally harbored for some time. The War on Terror, as most may agree, has been a shallow victory when compared with the true losses of 9-11 and subsequent aftermath. The obvious loss of life that horrible day coupled with the ongoing erosion of civil rights (aka police state) all in the name of protecting the "homeland" has not bode well. It cannot be stated that the enemies of western culture could have possibly foreseen the economic downturn of not only the West but of other prosperous nations. I'm certainly not saying that terrorism and those who benefit from it could have predicted the current state of global economic affairs. Nor am I saying this is an issue exclusive to the West. What I am saying is that maybe 'they' were able to determine that our own greed would ultimately be our demise. Why lay out another 9-11 when the groundwork has already been laid?

brill

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There seem to still be questions regarding who benefited financially from 9/11, where the (molten) gold and precious metals went, why the entire volume of Enron investigation material was 'pulled' along with WTC7, nor even what happened to the DOD's missing 2.3 Trillion dollars announced of 9/10 by Rumsfeld.

The economic terrorists have been here all along. They still are. Most people still call them "sir" and "ma'am."

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
These kinds of MSM articles always disconcert me, for this very reason:

We have a remarkable ability to create our own monsters.

How true. These articles are put into the media for a reason, to instill fear and prepare the way for the follow-through, if judged needed.

I am not worried about fanatics in caves in Afghanistan (how they thought we'd buy that one!), but what this depression will unleash right here at home, in gov't most of all, because I simply don't trust it (and have decades of accumulated reasons why) and also in the general population (though to a much lesser extent--I simply worry there about panic).

Look at the states stumbling all over each other to enact no-marshal-law resolutions, for example. The Minot/Taiwan nuke incident. Cheney grumbling about how unsafe we will be from his bunker. And on an on.

We've finally gotten to the point where we can see the whole 9/11/Afghanistan/Patriot Act/GWOT/Iraq push for what it was, a huge cynical lie to oppress and to loot, and now comes the final act.

And now they throw that old terror boogeyman at us again. Monsters.

edit to add: S&F, as a warning.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by gottago]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is it a type of obfuscation of arrogance, when you think that everything and anything that happens is due to your governments/your work? Even when it is bad, it is all you?

I am pretty sure that there are about 5.5 Billion people or so who MIGHT have something to do with something.....ANYTHING......that happens on the planet.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Nothing in particular shocking about this warning. Terrorists were never a real strategic danger in the damage they could inflict upon America. But by involving themselves in the Middle east the terrorist helped America speed up it's own economic ruin.

If Bin Laden is who we think he is, he is laughing at the American leaderships Arrogance, incompetence and complete lack of awareness of it's own faults and weaknesses. This economic ruin will lead to far more deaths than 9/11, and it was that very attack that the U.S fell for and into the trap of the ever expanding war on terror.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"WILSON GET IN HERE!"
"What is it sir?"
"This paper says people aren't scared enough!"
"Well, that's great sir!"
"No, people won't buy our MSM paper! Make them scared!"
"No problem sir."

Bah. Terrorism. Comes at you from all sides.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Is it a type of obfuscation of arrogance, when you think that everything and anything that happens is due to your governments/your work? Even when it is bad, it is all you?

I am pretty sure that there are about 5.5 Billion people or so who MIGHT have something to do with something.....ANYTHING......that happens on the planet.

Perhaps but the masses rarely have any influence on government roles or agendas (barring something like a general strike or mass uprising). Governments and heads of state have blindly led mankind down many dark paths so this shouldn't be any different. Not to mention the bulk of the population lives in complete despair and poverty with absolutely no means of representation or knowledge of what steps they can take. The rest live in complacency knowing that important items are in proper working order (television).

They have won, we have lost. I'm reminded of JFK's quote "those who make peaceful revolution impossible, will make violent revolution inevitable". Question is at what point do people take action.

brill

new topics

top topics

join