It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel engaged in covert war inside Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Israel engaged in covert war inside Iran

www.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Israel is involved in a covert war of sabotage inside Iran to try to delay Tehran's alleged attempts to develop a nuclear weapon, a British newspaper said on Tuesday, quoting a former CIA agent and intelligence experts.

An intelligence source in the Middle East told Reuters last year Israel planned to target Iranian nuclear scientists with letter bombs and poisoned packages and had set off explosions in Iran. Analysts offered similar accounts and said such tactics would be credible, but no confirmation has been available.

Some analysts caution that reports of such a "dirty war" may form part of a psychological warfare campaign to unsettle Iran.

The intelligence source told Reuters that Israeli agents were working with Western governments and firms doing business with Tehran, whose Islamist leadership is a sworn enemy of Israel but denies accusations its nuclear program has a military purpose.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hijacked Iranian Ship Contained 'Dirty Bomb' for Israel
Israel said it will convince Obama to Attack Iran

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This is a brutal way which will no doubt expedite the two into a war. The tactics mentioned are childish and IMHO sheepish. Using these methods and tactics makes the victim even more ticked off when they inevitably find out who did it.

I guess "Western governments" means the U.S.? Great! Here comes another war for us possibly.

There has to be a better way to stimulate the economy besides war.

www.reuters.com

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I find it rather laughable that there was a strong sentiment in the whole Gaza affair that Hamas was "hiding behind innocent civilians". Now, if this is true, Isreal can be accused of similar dirty tactics hiding behind letter bombs and poisoned packages.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaxium

There has to be a better way to stimulate the economy besides war.

www.reuters.com

Its the oldest business in the world, so when all else fails -GO TO WAR!!

Sadly, it seems to be bred into us.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Israel is going to do something about Iran's nuclear ambitions. It's either this, or air-strikes. This strategy is a lot less risky. Childish? Sheepish? Strange choice of words.......

To be honest, it's hardly any great surprise - I'm sure Israel has agents all over the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Very surprised to see that Israel is already doing covert operations...I was gearing more towards them just flat out bombing the place...but I would give it only a matter of time now. This is a guarantee for war...This along with all the bad economic news recently...It's all a matter of time before something big decides to pop off.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

SHouldnt this be the most subtle way to disarm Iran ?[apart from the diplomatic course]..besides being less risky, Iran wouldnt announce such news for this would be a bit shameful for their counter intelligence, if they get bombed they have the whole world on their hands..
I wonder if they also deploy those tenacious little bionic hornets, making it less riskier for the people in the field..

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So close, yet so far.

It seems Iran was just starting to calm down a bit and prepare for talks with the US since Obama got in.

Israel playing 007 all over their science projects isn't going to help Iran / US relations any.

At least let Obama's team get to the diplomatic stage before unleashing their hounds (Israel) to do the dirty work.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'm sure Israel is involved in espionage in Iran, just as I'm sure there is Iranian espionage in Israel.

The level of sophistication brings up question. It sounds more like an inflammatory disinformation piece than reporting. Iran may be frustrated because it knows Israel is doing something, but can't pin it down.

Iran can counter by threatening Israeli scientists, but that wouldn't be new or news.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Here's a second source:
Al Jazeera

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
No story yet, and one would expect Iran to claim this if it were true, and if it weren't.

Nothing substantial reported except the death of one scientist and conflicting testimony as to the cause.

I don't think there's any question Mossad is in Iran spying on their nuclear and military capabilities. But when weren't they?

MF

top topics

join