It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A great deal of activity in Space recently. What, does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Within the last few months it seems that there has been a great deal of activity up in space, from an apparent increase in the number of meteors and bollides being caught on camera to satellites colliding and raining down debris to speculation about Jupiter igniting, the 'mysterious venus-like
bright star' and finally an event occurring on the sun potentially launching objects our way.

I thought I'd start a thread to refrence all these recent happenings in one place and determine if there are any linking factors between these events and generate some speculation and theories toward that aim.

So, Here are all the major stories which have gotten my attention recently:

Meteors and Bollides:

20-11-08 A massive a very impressive bollide above Canada:
www.youtube.com...

17-01-09 A Similar event in the skies above Sweeden:
www.youtube.com...

15-02-09 A fireball is seen in Texas sky:
www.youtube.com...

Then there's the Satellite collision:

12-02-09
news.bbc.co.uk...

Statements from the FAA and the NOAA regarding the satallites and the texas meteor:

FAA (Federal Aviation Adminisration):

www.chron.com...

NOAA (National Oceanic and atmospheric administration) :

www.crh.noaa.gov...

And then we come to the much larger issues and events which have sparked much controversy and debate here on ATS:

The Ignition of Jupiter debate:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The 'is it Venus is it something else' debate:

The recently observed events on the sun and related speculation:

Is there any reasonable link between any of these events?
Has any of this got anything to do with the alignment with the galactic centre?
Is there any proof of a cover up going on to hide the truth of these matters from the general public?

What do you guys think?

[edit on 17-2-2009 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
also, there have been no sunspots for ages...

spaceweather.com...

digitaldiatribes.wordpress.com...

It is a very strange time indeed....

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Just thought I'd offer a possible explanation.

Luke 21: 25-26 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

And bring some levity to the thread...I think...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It does seem like there has been an increase in activity just last night I saw a Meteor or small Bollide enter our atmosphere. It started out as a small white light and ignighted into a pretty big light before it burnt out. Nothing out of the ordinary but it was a cool thing to witness.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A lot of the things people are seeing in the sky this past week are from the satellite collision.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Thought I would post this link we are already way above where we should be for fire ball views for this time of the year. If you check year by year you can see how many there usually is. This year so far we are at 2x last years and 3 xs the year before. And 4Xs what they had in 2005.

fireball site

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
A lot of the things people are seeing in the sky this past week are from the satellite collision.

Maybe they intended this to happen so we think those meteors and fireballs came from those satellites and go on with our business as usual...

And what they don't want us to know is those fireballs are real and is preceding a much larger threat - an 'invisible' comet or asteroid headed to Earth. And they don't want us to know for obvious reasons.

Remember that asteroids or comets are usually surrounded/preceded/trailed by millions of much smaller debris that occasionally separate from the parent object and up to thousands or even million kilometers apart. If such an object is headed to Earth we could expect an increase in meteor/fireball activity.

Ofc, this is just a theory

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Jackflap, I'm not sure what you meant by that... levity means kind of the opposite of what I think you intended..but I could be wrong.....anyway

everyone else, thanks for the input, pmb huntress, the fireball site is very intresting especially considering what ahnggk said......

impala67, does the lack of sunspots tie in with known cycles or is this lull an abnormality? i'll try to find out.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Chonx]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
Jackflap, I'm not sure what you meant by that... levity means kind of the opposite of what I think you intended..but I could be wrong.....anyway
[edit on 18-2-2009 by Chonx]

To me its levity anyway. I was just seeing if anyone would agree or disagree with the idea. I have been seeing alot of news about strange things going on in space. Not just from the collision. It reminded me of the passage I quoted.

[edit on 18-2-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Oh i see, sorry. i got the wrong end of the stick there. my mistake

I see why you would have been reminded of that passage. So are you saying this is the beginning of judement or the rapture?? excuse my lack of theological knowledge here, I'm not a christian.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
reply to post by jackflap

I see why you would have been reminded of that passage. So are you saying this is the beginning of judement or the rapture?? excuse my lack of theological knowledge here, I'm not a christian.

I actually looked into the passage more. From what I can gather alot of other things would be going on as well. All this activity sure does seem like a prelude to something though.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
I actually looked into the passage more. From what I can gather alot of other things would be going on as well. All this activity sure does seem like a prelude to something though.

From Revelations 8:8-9:

"8 The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9 a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed."

This could be interpreted as a comet or asteroid crashing into the ocean. Such even would stir up the loose sediments in the sea floor causing the ocean to look red. The underwater shock wave resulting from the impact will kill most sea life in its path. This shock wave can also destroy ships and submarines, not to mention, the large open waves than can capsize ships.

Note that the shock wave I'm mentioning is acoustic in nature, not the typical, surface wave that crests. These waves travel faster than speed of sound. Nuclear depth charges have actually been made to generate underwater shockwaves that can destroy submarines and ships and also marine life, that's why some fishermen use dynamites to kill fish in the water.

Forgot to mention that this event might also spawn mega tsunamis

[edit on 19-2-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Another popular thread regarding fireballs seen over Britain recently:

I'm going to try to find some corroborative references for the idea ahnggk stated earlier in the thread that large asteroids and comets can have an assosiated 'cloud' of smaller objects which can preceed the main object.

Here I'm not talking about known 'clouds' which are the wake left by comets and that the orbit of the Earth intersects at various times of the year such as the well known Leonids in November.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
also, there are sattelites going into space. iran and north korea are doing it. all over the news about countries launching satellites.

why?

maybe they know something is coming and they want to look from up there.........

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not quite in space but these events are also possibly related:

the first is a report from New York on the 19/02/09 that the sky lit up and flashed a number of different colours and was related to power outages and flucuations.

www.examiner.com...

These are strange, possibly natural, possibly not, patterns and shapes in the sky seen within the last month:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey Chonx that first article seemed to be talking about the effects of the HAARP project. I am not to sure about all its capabilities and workings but I'm sure there is a thread here I can look into for info.

new topics

top topics

join