It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible explanation of 'gnome' sightings

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yes, that video came about just prior to the release of a video game depicting the exact same little guy. And it was quickly propagated all over the net. Go figure

One other thing that tells me this is a blatant hoax, the camera zooms in, and there is no wobble while it does so. Now, you try zooming in and out on any mobile phone camera and not get a very clearly visible wobble in the image.

I have no doubt that there are many different and rare people on Earth. There are civilizations we haven't discovered. As proven by the recent discovery of a tribe in the Amazon who have never had any contact with the rest of us.

I also saw an impressive image recently of the worlds tallest man meeting the worlds smallest.
Ping Ping is just 29.37in tall. So it stands to reason that if the genes exist to make a Human so small, there is an evolutionary story behind it and likely others.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I also saw an impressive image recently of the worlds tallest man meeting the worlds smallest.
Ping Ping is just 29.37in tall. So it stands to reason that if the genes exist to make a Human so small, there is an evolutionary story behind it and likely others.

I'm not sure it's that useful to make comparisons with a Homo Sapien with a disorder such like brittle bone disease as with PingPing. The reasons as to his height have come at a bit of a cost. I can't imagine a community of PingPings lasting very long to be honest.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Worth adding, may be that one of the guys that watched the being coming sideways over the road, was so shocked that he had to be brought to hospital after the event. Ofcourse, it could have been a extremely small dwarf pulling THEIR legs.

Regarding the mentioned "mystery" of gnomes wearing clothes- Well, ofcourse they make and wear clothes, why on Earth wouldn't they?

The reason it is hard to find real remains from them- although it actually has occurred- is because they prefer to choose areas to populate that are seldomly or never visited, such as cavesystems under the ground and deep in the woods, treeroots, big rocks and so on.
It is similar to the rumoured tunnelsystems under L.A., but in miniature.

They simply keep their world to themselves, and people know that it is wise to let them do so.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Regarding the mentioned "mystery" of gnomes wearing clothes- Well, ofcourse they make and wear clothes, why on Earth wouldn't they?

I think you're missing the point over the clothes - it's not a case of it being a "mystery" about them wearing clothes at all. The point is, if 'creepy gnome' is a lost/undiscovered species type cryptid as the other poster hypothesised, and not some supernatural being, then making clothes suggests society, industry and technologies.

This is important as, unlike wild animal type cryptids - where any evidence is limited to tracks, droppings and evidence of feeding - society and industry should betray more evidence - evidence that's hard to misinterpret too.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hello All,

New to ATS and was watching this video, Is it just me or is there someone standing under the street light It either adds to the idea that the "gnome" would walk sideways accross the street to avoid both the single guy under the light and the group of kids. OR since neither the single guy nor the "brave teens" (I remember those years and we would have ran at the thing to capture it, and make money.) don't seem to make a move twards it.

My other idea was that the single guy set up his kid in the costume to play a joke on the group of kids (or maybe its just a monkey in a clown suit.)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

that video is creepy right i also have a link to another video that surprised me a bit more
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nah..... i know what it is..... it's a grunt of halo! Wheres master chief when you need him...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
So Long story short... EXPLANATION. Not taking into consideration hoaxes or mistaking sightings... people wouldn't believe these are real (if they are) because people are too skeptical especially since photos and videos can be faked.

My grandparents would tell me of many things. They said the gnomes are spirits of a people that once existed. They mainly died because human beings (our size) killed them. Today, people still kill other living beings without caring (for food or destruction of habitat.) But now these gnomes just live on as spirits. Some of them cause harm, some of them help the needy, or some just play around. They mostly appear to those out of conscious and it seems only in some parts of the world, usually away from big cities. I was told these gnomes, when they go in houses, will cause strange things to occur. Like people's stuff will appear in a different room or you'll hear someone playing with the strings of your guitar. And to those of you South Park fans... your underpants go missing. LOL.

The world is full of things we do not yet know and truly comprehend. If you believe everything you hear, you are wrong. But if you don't believe there anything else to this world, you are also wrong.

I'm just answering the original question: possible explanation to the gnomes. Thanks for reading

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SailorinAZ
I have a faint memory from when I was maybe 1-2 years old of some little people. Approximately 3-4 inches in height taking food from a pantry in our kitchen. This would have been around 1967. I recall one of the young females taking a liking to me and her being scolded by the eldest male. Pretty much all I remember. The house at the time was about 80 years old and in Pennsylvania.

Not to burst your bubble, but it's not really possible to have memories at the age of one, or even two. Maybe 3 years old. Just sayin..
edit on 3-7-2011 by Motumz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I see nothing whatsoever being proven a hoax with that article. I've read snopes many many many times and I know for a fact they aren't always 100% correct, often labeling something a hoax or something fake as real. You that gullible that you buy the first thing that suggest hoax? After all science is continually being proven wrong as more and more species come to light.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by D3STROYERR

what in the hell!! your right, that video is even creepier than the other one!!

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What about the "Living Gnome" in Switzerland?

gnomesociety.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The Chez

South America you say. Ha Ha cool monkey in a pointy hat.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
'bump' for the awesome creepy gnome.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: The Chez

The idea of little people is actually quite old. The first nation people have lots of stories, similar to sasquatch in their believes.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I really dont know why the folks who are interested in these gnomes & Bigfoot kind of things dont go out and capture real footage of them. I suppose because they have 3D lives to lead and they dont have the time to spend on such things. However, until someone does take an interest and go out and actually find out, we are none the wiser.

There are so many things which are placed firmly in the middle of reality and supernatural that we definitely need some scientists with courage to go out and investigate. Currently it is left to the rest of us non-scientists to report sightings and wonder at what these things are. We will never know whether they exist until that proper investigation happens. As always, it is money which seems to be the deciding factor in all this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join