It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Householders to be charged for each flush of toilet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That's scary...we must all have been typing that at the same time!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Jesus, I grew up pissing off the side of a porch in the backwood sticks and even I don't see a huge issue with having to shell out a couple extra bucks a month to have my waste shuttled from my home. Let's face a fact here, folks, it costs money to build and upkeep waste disposal systems. That money has to come from somewhere. Might as well charge the people who use the system.

BTW, the Seattle thing, I've always suspected (though I have no proof of this) that Seattle's wastewater bills are so high because they "spread the wealth" where our stormwater collection & treatment is concerned. I've personally noticed that my bill spikes in October & November and then again in April and May when the heaviest rains are falling. Not to mention anytime we get a major rainfall/flood event or a huge snowpack meltoff, the tap water smells so chlorinated that it's like opening a bottle of Clorox and taking a deep inhalation.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

I would not suggest a brick though. A brick can promote corrosion and the particulate as it breaks down can collect around the seals causing a slow leak. I would suggest a water-filled 1 L water bottle. Then strap it down somewhere (I used twisty's to the tank refill tube) so it cannot interfere with the flush valve. Works great! Want to save more per flush choose another bottle size.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Its just going to be a matter of time before they pull this in America.

All I have to say is no, hell no. The government will not tell me how much I can and can't make deuces. Its all included in the water bill, this is just another bulldeuce excuse to get more money out of people, like the carbon tax.

No

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
But what if you've got diorrrama......diarrora.......diorrer....... the runs.

It could end up costing you a fortune.

Hands off our bowels says I.

PS - Anyone who has a dog will be all too aware of the dangers of leaving mellow yellow or brown frown in the kludgie for extended periods of time. Especially when he licks your face to welcome you home for the evening.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
For men its easy because they dont have to use the toilet. But women sort of have to unless if you live in the country where you can go behind a bush. But then you wouldnt have to worry about paying per flush. I suppose you could wait for the neighbors to go to sleep and use there flower garden.

As for here in the US. The water we pay for is crappy litterally. Its plain old sewer water that they recycle. Then they treat it make us pay an arm and a leg for it and we have to drink it. Of course I dont. I actually buy store bought water for cooking and drinking. There is no way I will drink that crappy stuff.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Toilets account for approx. 30% of water used indoors. By installing a Dual Flush toilet you can save between 40% and 70% of drinking water being flushed down the toilet, depending how old the toilet is you are going to replace.
If you are serious about saving water, want a toilet that really works and is affordable, I would highly recommend a Caroma Dual Flush toilet. Caroma toilets offer a patented dual flush technology consisting of a 0.8 Gal flush for liquid waste and a 1.6 Gal flush for solids. On an average of 5 uses a day (4 liquid/ 1 solid) a Caroma Dual Flush toilet uses an average of 0.96 gallons per flush. The new Sydney Smart uses only 1.28 and 0.8 gpf, that is an average of 0.89 gallons per flush. This is the lowest water consumption of any toilet available in the US. Caroma, an Australian company set the standard by giving the world its first successful two button dual flush system in the nineteen eighties and has since perfected the technology. Also, with a full 3.5″ trapway, these toilets virtually never clog. All of Caroma’s toilets are on the list of WaterSense labeled HET’s www.epa.gov... and also qualify for several toilet rebate programs available in the US. Please visit my blog pottygirl.wordpress.com... to learn more or go to www.caromausa.com... to learn where you can find Caroma toilets locally. Visit www.ecotransitions.com... to see how we flush potatoes with 0.8 gallons of water, meant for liquids only. Best regards, Andrea Paulinelli, owner ecoTransitions Inc.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

That's what I do. I filled a one liter gatorade bottle with aquarium gravel and water, and dropped it into the tank. Now I save one liter of water per flush.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join