It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomer says 'trillions' of planets could be supporting life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Astronomer says 'trillions' of planets could be supporting life

www.mirror.co. uk

Ten billion trillion planets like Earth could exist in the universe, claims an expert. The massive number, with 22 zeroes, comes from astronomer Alan Boss who reckons each Sunlike star has a world like ours . Many could have simple life forms more common to what Earth was like about up to four billion years ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
That would be quite obvious really that they would be life somewhere in some galaxies, it is not impossible, it is very probable indeed, the U.F.O's we see are both from our government and from other Extra-terrestrials’ visiting our skies.

The question is when, I do not think it will be 2012 when we will see evidence, it will be a very long time, however if the reason why U.F.O's are visiting us is because of the negativity we produce in the galaxies then, they obviously see us as vermin and would not want the earth to be destroyed because it would course more negativity in other galaxies so therefore will course destruction to the whole human race as a whole.
It's like getting a call and they receive that call, that call was our screams.

www.mirror.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-2-2009 by deathpoet69]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is an interesting news article, if only for the fact that a major MSM outlet has picked it up - on topics of this sort this seems to rarely happen.

Nice find.

External Source.

The Fermi paradox is the apparent contradiction between high estimates of the probability of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations and the lack of evidence for, or contact with, such civilizations.

The extreme age of the universe and its vast number of stars suggest that if the Earth is typical, extraterrestrial life should be common. In an informal discussion in 1950, the physicist Enrico Fermi questioned why, if a multitude of advanced extraterrestrial civilizations exist in the Milky Way galaxy, evidence such as spacecraft or probes are not seen. A more detailed examination of the implications of the topic began with a paper by Michael H. Hart in 1975, and it is sometimes referred to as the Fermi-Hart paradox. Another closely related question is the Great Silence — even if travel is hard, if life is common, why don't we detect their radio transmissions?

There have been attempts to resolve the Fermi Paradox by locating evidence of extraterrestrial civilizations, along with proposals that such life could exist without human knowledge. Counterarguments suggest that intelligent extraterrestrial life does not exist or occurs so rarely that humans will never make contact with it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Interesting article, good find Deathpoet69.

But that was some tangent you went on about humanity and negative energy, thought it was pretty funny simply because of how random it was.

Anyway I appreciate the interesting article and the entertaining discourse.

In relation to the article though its a shame it doesnt give detail as to why the scientist thinks this to be the case.

I mean he doesnt say why sun-like stars should have planets. Are planets formed inside of then ejected out of stars, or what kind of process is responsible for creating planets orbiting stars on such a consistent basis?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Interesting article, good find Deathpoet69.

But that was some tangent you went on about humanity and negative energy, thought it was pretty funny simply because of how random it was.

Anyway I appreciate the interesting article and the entertaining discourse.

In relation to the article though its a shame it doesnt give detail as to why the scientist thinks this to be the case.

I mean he doesnt say why sun-like stars should have planets. Are planets formed inside of then ejected out of stars, or what kind of process is responsible for creating planets orbiting stars on such a consistent basis?

thank you, i am a very random person, i saw this in the daily mirror when reading so i thought i would post it and see what others think, i don't know why he thinks that, it donest give an explanation to that, it mst be some hudge system with so many number of galaxies

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I swear, this number goes up everytime i read it

it started out at 40k

edit to add, I know it'll be a high number, what ever it really is. It's just aaaaaallllllll tooooooooooooooooooooo biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig

[edit on 17/2/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I swear, this number goes up everytime i read it

it started out at 40k

I don't think there is a endless number to be honest it be to much to take in to work out

top topics

join